PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about replaying....

Judivarious
04-20-2012, 06:53 AM
Okay, so I am stuck at Mundus on normal difficulty, and I really want to kind of go back and get more orbs so I can power up dante with more devil power and weapons powers, etc....

Anyway, is there a way in this game to start a "new game", where it keeps Dante's skills and other things intact to where I can start again from the beginning and earn more orbs for more powers....?

UpgradePolecat
04-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Not until you beat it. You can go back and beat up a few Nobodies and Frosts for some Orbs.

Here's some Mundus tips:
During the space invaders part, keep circling to avoid most attacks. DT'ing causes massive damage to Mundus and will render his attacks useless, so use that to your advantage. This is the easiest phase of the fight.

The second part is the hardest part.
You can deal Mundus some massive damage when you're in his face and hit him with DT'ed slashes, but it is risky. In theory, if you have full health and full DT, you can just run next to him in the lava, DT and slash him to death. That is pretty much my speed running tactic when damage is of no issue.

See my below speed run video for an idea:
Devil May Cry 1, mission 22 speedrun - YouTube

When I SB the mission, I prefer to use Roundtrip and charged Meteors to keep my distance. This will deal some massive damage on Normal.

His hand lasers can be evaded by Air Hiking, his back lasers by rolling, his arena circling Orbs can be killed with two shotgun blasts per side, his flying orbs with a single DT'ed blast, his meteor rain simply by running in one direction and the dragon by deflecting the fireball.

Here's a video where I get the SB:
DMC1 - Normal Mode - Mission 22 SB.MP4 - YouTube

Judivarious
04-21-2012, 04:54 AM
Okay, so I finally beat mundus and completed the game, and now the game automatically put me on hard mode and I'm getting the **** kicked out of me...

I take it there's no actual level/difficulty select...?

iNOiZe21
04-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Okay, so I finally beat mundus and completed the game, and now the game automatically put me on hard mode and I'm getting the **** kicked out of me...

I take it there's no actual level/difficulty select...?
Automatically? Usually you have the choice between the for you available game modes when a new game starts.. So if you don't want to start all over again, you need to beat the hard mode.

But yes, DMC1 has no level select.

UpgradePolecat
04-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Automatically? Usually you have the choice between the for you available game modes when a new game starts..

Beating Normal for the first time will automatically drop you in Hard. You have to beat Hard before you can select your difficulty.