PDA

View Full Version : How to beat the final boss (Possible Spoilers)

x Gs x Sgt Mac
08-25-2007, 05:45 PM
i am haveing trouble on the final bosses 2nd stage with the sucerity bots they always end up kill me do you think it would be wise to hack them. and i was wondering how you beat the final boss if you have already.

The Green Wing
08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I just shot him with frag grenades, then rinse and repeat

and then just shotgunned him if i ran out of frags

graf1k
08-25-2007, 05:54 PM
I found him incredibly easy. First, I just kind of circle strafed as he rushes at you, wait for him to stop and turn around, and then hit him with a steel crossbow bolt once he turns around and repeat as necessary. He didn't hit me once and the crossbow takes him down fast if you upgraded it.

Next I switched to the chemical thrower and the electric gel ammo and basically did the same thing and whenever the bots got close, I'd hit them with it and at least knock them down if not blow them up, but I always stayed focused on Fontaine.

Next I went with my grenade launcher because I didn't have much shotgun or machine gun ammo left and I had incinerate out for my plasmids. Used the grenade launcher on Fontaine and any splicer that got close I hit with incinerate.

At the end of the battle, I had lost maybe 2 health and that was it. As long as you avoid his rushes, the rest is easy as cake.

Murbay
08-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I just shot him with frag grenades, then rinse and repeat

and then just shotgunned him if i ran out of frags

You will notice he does a certain sequence.

First - fire
Second - Ice
Third - Electricity

For the first 2 just hit him with the opposite of what he is. For example when he is in fire mode, hit him with whatever ice you may have then just blast his ass with your grenade launcher.

On the 2nd part just set him on fire and keep shooting him as he runs around trying to put it out. Forget about the bots and just concentrate on taking him down as quick as you can.

The 3rd part is a little trickier but just use up any explosives you may have, either from your grenade launcher or explosive shotgun shells and he will go down in no time. Also on the third part you have splicers running around shooting you too so again just ignore them and focus on Atlas.

For all 3 sections, he does the same moves. He fires out a line of fire/ice/electricity then just charges. I found it easier to fire off a quick shot then go to work on him as soon as he stopped after a charge and before he could fire out a line.

If you are doing this level on hard then you will probably use up most of your health packs but dont use them till you are running low on health rather than half way down your bar. If you are struggling with this on easy then I suggest you contact the microsoft police and never game again :P

Seriously, regardless of the level you are facing him on, just use the same tactics. The only difference will be the number of health packs you use.

XxHektikxX
08-25-2007, 06:22 PM
or if things really are getting bad....there is a health station to the left of the main boss area. I actually found that out yesterday during my hard playthru....makes its soooo much easier its kinda laughable.

08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Things to know: there are health stations and bot shutdown panels.

Things to use: Incendiary bolts, explosive buck, heat-seeking RPGs.

SRH KRONIC
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I killed him on first try.... kinda easy

-Make sure you have full health things
-When he's on fire use Antipersonal MachineGun Ammo
-When he's on ice I used Incenerate/Napalm/Armorpiercing MachineGun Ammo
-When he's electric I froze him and ran up to him and 4 shotguned him to the head.

-When the bots come out just shut em' off to the left of where you start.
-When the splicers come out I just pistoled em'.

-Make good use of the Health Station...if you need extra medkits hit the Health Station with wrench until it breaks and drops some.

x Gs x Sgt Mac
08-25-2007, 08:23 PM
thanks guys i used the bow and gernade launcher tactic and it worked like a charm

Senor
08-26-2007, 02:33 AM
I beat him on Normal extremely fast. Theres one spot in the room with fuel on the ground, light that on fire. Hit him with the electro bolt, then shot him so he will charge at you. When he charges you he should run into the fire. Once he runs into the fire start shooting him with the Machine gun. He wont be doing much damage to you because he ll be running frantically because ofthe fire.

Spot2009
08-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Lol.. I beat him w/ the Wrench. (On Hard difficulty).
Plasmids used:
Winter Blast 3
Incinerate! 3

Tonics used:
Medical Expert 3
Sportboost 2
Bloodlust
Frozen Field 2
Human Inferno 2
Electric Flesh 2
Armored Shell 2
Wrench Jockey 2

What I did was (1st form) Winter Blast him and wrench him continuously, since the wrench will 1. Freeze Him, 2. Do more damage, 3. Heal you. After beating his 1st form, the second those bot appeared, I ran towards the Bot Control and took them out. I then used Incinerate on him for majority of the period, but remembering to hit him with the wrench a lot of times. Finally, his last form (with the Splicers), I Incinerated him, forcing him to flee from me, then took the time to take out the Splicers.

I beat him on my first try.

DoM cAbAn
08-26-2007, 04:16 AM
I found him extremely easy. All I did was stock-up on Exploding Bucks (Shotgun) and just use that the whole time. They destroyed the bots in one hit, and I could easily beat him with only that.

Nylan
08-26-2007, 05:04 AM
I found him incredibly easy. First, I just kind of circle strafed as he rushes at you, wait for him to stop and turn around, and then hit him with a steel crossbow bolt once he turns around and repeat as necessary. He didn't hit me once and the crossbow takes him down fast if you upgraded it.

This is exactly how i did it ;)
Compared to Raam on insane solo, this guy was a joke, i was dissapointed.

killerharu45
08-26-2007, 06:21 AM
all i did was us trap bolts all over. Then when he does his ramming attack he gets damaged by them badly.

The Bad Sniper2
08-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Nobody seemed to mention that you can grab the electricity balls that he shoots at you in his third phase. This helped me out because I could use his own attacks against himself and the security bots.

Another general tip is just to keep your distance from him.

MrHarribalsonya
08-27-2007, 01:45 AM
http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/gold/mrharribalsonya.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/mrharribalsonya)

Defeating the boss on hard is not all it's cracked up to be.

1st - "Look at your surroundings"
You have all these propane tanks and explosive barrels hanging around. Use em. Take 5 minutes before the fight to gather all these explosives into the area in front of Fontaines stairs. Create hot spots that stretch from the side of the stairs to the front door you entered in a U shape, with the upening at the bottom of the stairs. Be sure to space them apart and any more than 3 barrels in any spot is a waste. And placing any barrels at the bottom of the steps will likely hurt you more than him. Now to fully magnify these hot spots carefully place proximity mines next to hot spots. Cause it's funny watching fontaine run himself from explosion to explosion.

2nd - "Go on and stick em"
Equip winter blast 3 and incendiary bolts. Now hit him with the adam harvesting tool. As soon as he hits you, center your screen and hit him with ice. Line him up with the crossbow and when he defrosts, shoot him with that fire bolt and strafe to the left or right when he throws fire balls and charges. "Think about bullfighting" if done correctly he should run right into one of those hot spots behind you that you set up earlier.
Then freeze him again, and shoot him with the bolt once he thaws. If done right that should be it for stage 1 of the fight.

3rd - "Not so tough now are ya"
Equip incinerate 3 and grenade launcher, and stick him again while he recharges on his throne of adam. Once your knocked back again recenter yourself and set him on fire. He'll try to shot you with this weak snowflake blast. Keep him on fire while shooting off a couple grenades at him when he gets close to your hot spots. About halfway/near the end of this battle old fonny boy calls in a couple of bots. Hit the bot shutdown switch located to the left of the throne where fontaine recharges. He should be done at this point, but if not? hit him one more times with the grenade launcher and that should do it.

4th - " Just toooo easy"
Keep incinerate 3 equipped and switch over to heat-seeking missiles. Hack the bots that are lying on the floor and quickly hit fontaine with the adam harvester. Now this is the final and in my opinion the easiest part of the battle. If you've done everything correctly so far you should still have a few of those hot spots you set up earlier. Keep him on fire and hit him with the heat seekers. About halfway thru the battle, fonny boy calls in a couple of splicers. Let your bots take care of them and keep fontaine on fire and blowing up. Bye the time you empty the clip he should be running back to revive. hit him with the adam harvesting tool a 3rd and final time. "Piece of cake" "Achievement unlocked" :) And the only time you should have gotton hit is when he knocks you off the stairs each time you drain the adam from him.

note- make sure you have sportboost and sportboost 2 equipped. And for the ones who still take damage using this guide. equip armored shell and armored shell 2.

tarheeltay
08-27-2007, 05:01 AM
Personally, when i fought him on hard, i prepared for an epic battle, i think this discussion with my friend Samwise describes it pretty well, and it would kill me to write it again.
rarural: lol
rarural: yes
rarural: FAIL!!!!!!!!!
rarural: THAT WAS SOOOOOOO ANTICLIMACTIC!!!!!!!
rarural: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
rarural: I'm in the middle of this UNGODLY EPIC BATTLE TO THE DEATH
rarural: with this SUPER POWERED EVIL TYRANT!!!!!
rarural: He was on his last life...
rarural: and it was UBER CLOSE
rarural: I MEAN I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD, BUT I WAS BARELY HANGING ON!!!
rarural: So i see an enemy bot flying around and i quick hack it to try and get an ally out of it!
samwisegee: so?
rarural: And the bot's flying around him shooting him, so i have my chance, first while he's distracted i sprint to the med. station to get myself to full health, then i run back FOR THE BATTLE TO END ALL BATTLES
rarural: and...
rarural: he had glitched, and was standing there not moving, so i just sat there pistoling him in the face for like a minute
rarural: then i won
samwisegee: that story earns three full ROFLs
rarural: I NO
rarural: GWAHHHH
rarural: what a terrible way to finnish Bioshock!!!!
rarural: I'm done with this!

And that was how i got it. FONTAINE STOPPED MOVING BECAUSE HE WANTED TO KILL A ROBOT THAT HAD DISAPPEARED MORE THAN HE WANTED TO KILL ME.

Flik Nightshade
08-27-2007, 06:51 AM
And that was how i got it. FONTAINE STOPPED MOVING BECAUSE HE WANTED TO KILL A ROBOT THAT HAD DISAPPEARED MORE THAN HE WANTED TO KILL ME.

Yeah, I hacked a couple of the bots and he spent most of his time standing still going after the bots. The only time he'd break attention was if I got so close to him.

Night45Fox
08-27-2007, 07:08 AM
like someone said earlier that use the opposite element, but my wrench was so upgraded that it was easy for normal difficulty

tarheeltay
08-27-2007, 07:34 AM
It made me mad that it was so easy, when i was hoping for a challenge, but hey I got the 1000 so i shouldn't be complaining.

Pfc Ender
08-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Well what i did was bring his health down to half with a combonation of electric shells and exploding shells (shotgun) the i got the chemical thrower and used electic gel. its like a continous flow of electricity so he just gets stuck there and it brings his health down quickly. i kinda recommend having all of the upgrades for the thrower first since they increase damage and reduces ammo consuption.

narcolepticshee
08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Definatly have the electric plasmid and fully upgradeable crossbow. Keep shocking and firing with incendatry bolts. When the bots come, shock them and they disable. When splicers come, just ignore them and carry on with boss, unless they're right in your face, then one incendatry bolt should kill them.

Easy

Peace

SadisticHam
08-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Heh that guy was a walk in the park. :P

The only time i found it tricky would be when i lost sight of him and i couldn't figure out where he was before he attacked me again.

Basically i used the cross bow with steel bolts till i was out of ammo, then i just switched to the shotgun and finished him off.

Surprisingly easy. As for the bots, i ignored those completly..they barley touched me.

Went through about 2-3 med kits on normal difficulty.

The Mars Army
08-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Just camp by the heath station and hack the bots

killerharu45
08-28-2007, 01:19 AM
i tried to use the security bullseye plasmid on hard mode and i died. :( It didnt work so i used the security shutdown panel.

Saikotic
08-28-2007, 04:05 AM
He was easy for me.

I had full ammo for every weapon by the time I got there, so the first thing I did was spam the Explosive Buckshot on him, around 3 shots sent him back to the middle.

Then I used 3 heat-seeking RPG's from the nade launcher, drained, 3 more, drained, and done.

mdkoo7
08-28-2007, 12:31 PM
i am haveing trouble on the final bosses 2nd stage with the sucerity bots they always end up kill me do you think it would be wise to hack them. and i was wondering how you beat the final boss if you have already.
Before u go 2 the boss make sure u have loads of ammo for your pistol and machine gun and have incinerate,winter blast,static discharge,armored shell,human inferno,frozen field and electric flesh and health and eve tonics and have 9 eve and 9 health and have 100 money left then go up the lift 2 the boss. When u get up 2 the boss and he starts talking go round to the left and hack the first aid station then go and stap him then use your pistol to kill him. Before you stap him the second time change to the machine gun and make sure you have winter blast then stap him then when he hits you run round to the left and around the back and when u see the bots freeze them then hack them then thay will target him insted of you and just shot the hell out of him. Before you stap him the third time make sure you have incinerate and machine gun then stap him then when he hits you run round the left and just keep runing round in circles and just keep setting fire 2 all the splicer,s then when you killed them all then shot the hell out of him. The last time you stap him you dont need eneything selected just stap him and after he hits you just sit back and watch all the little sister,s stap the hell out of him. Thats how i did it on hard.

xTHSx Rascal
08-28-2007, 04:51 PM
upgrade your crossbow any bolts does'nt matter if the pesky bot keeps getting you use a security bullys eye so it shoots him ive done it on hard and normal no probs

My inv

Cross Bow(Fully Upgraded)
Rocket Launcher homeing ones spawn while killing him(x5)
Secuity bulls eye(Bot on your team)
Dont bother buying eve just have enought to fire one shot of security bulls eye
Spend rest on First aid i had 7 and only used one so if your good you wont need to use.

danjohnson58
08-28-2007, 10:50 PM
I used a combo of electric bucks, frags and the machine gun. I just ignored all the splicers and the bots that arrived, didn't need a plasmid and only used 2-3 med kits on hard.