PDA

View Full Version : 360 help

oneandonlytommo
08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
what should i do ive wreked my 360 i accidendly knocked coke on my xbox 360 dried it off and booted it up and i got....the dreded 3 rings of death what should i do can anyone fix it help would be aprichiated :(:(:(:(:(

Anti HERO 574
08-25-2007, 05:58 PM
sry but it sounds like your screwed....

time to call M$ =(

PerpetualHeaven
08-25-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't know how it works in England, but I'm sure you can't use warranty. I don't believe the Microsoft warranty covers accidental damages.

oneandonlytommo
08-25-2007, 06:29 PM
:( so should i ring ms or take back to game?

KewlBrettC
08-25-2007, 06:33 PM
you got the 3 red lights, its covered it dosen't matter how you got it.

Clipse 2
08-25-2007, 06:56 PM
you got the 3 red lights, its covered it dosen't matter how you got it.

LOL thats shady, but I would also call MS up just claiming the ring, send it in and see what they do. It really can't hurt can it?

oneandonlytommo
08-25-2007, 07:28 PM
and things cant get worse my brand new copy of bioshock was in there and i cant get it out. i feel sooo sick and even if its repaired i have to get 13805 gamerscore back again:(:(:( i must be the unluckyest person alive today :(

Clipse 2
08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
and things cant get worse my brand new copy of bioshock was in there and i cant get it out. i feel sooo sick and even if its repaired i have to get 13805 gamerscore back again:(:(:( i must be the unluckyest person alive today :(
You wouldn't have to get your gamescore back. If you have your profile on a hard drive you're fine as you shouldn't send that in with the console to repair. If they send you a console back just plug in your harddrive and all of your saves and content will be there; gamescore intact. As for the Bioshock game that is a little harder. If the system won't boot up even to eject the drive, I would have to recommend taking a small flathead screw driving and trying to pry the drive open enough to grab with your hand and pull out. It shouldn't cause much damage to the drive and if you're going to be sending it into repair doing this really won't matter.

oneandonlytommo
08-25-2007, 08:09 PM
woooopie problem solved my dad used a hairdryer on it and i booted it up and it works and my bioshock isnt ruined either woop woop :woop::) very happy

Anti HERO 574
08-25-2007, 08:12 PM
woooopie problem solved my dad used a hairdryer on it and i booted it up and it works and my bioshock isnt ruined either woop woop :woop::) very happy

lol not unluckyest person afterall? lol

anyway hope it stays working..and did the coke spill inside the 360?

oneandonlytommo
08-25-2007, 08:17 PM
yes it did went right inside the top as it fell of my table and i turned round and saw my xbox covered in coke i went noooooooooooooo then cried lol but all is well...at the moment :)

Krueger
08-25-2007, 08:18 PM
send it in its under warranty just dont tell u spilled coke on it

LongJon
08-26-2007, 12:11 AM
You may have solved the problem for now but with any drink thats sugary you're going to have future troubles no doubt.If you'd spilt water n there,fair enough,that can be evaporated pretty easily.But any drink with sugar in will leave small crystals in your xbox which will mess up connections.

Just a heads up.

oneandonlytommo
08-26-2007, 08:04 AM
god damn it :(

Marx0r
08-26-2007, 05:55 PM
You should really never have cold liquids of any sort near anything electronic. The condensation from the outside of the glass and the evaporates can get into the system and, over time, ruin it. It's an incredibly eventual process, and seeing that you won't be using your 360 in 2-3 years, it wouldn't matter. But whatever.

LordDurham
08-26-2007, 06:34 PM
In fact, the Xbox 360 is weaker than the glass itself :p

soon they'll say we can't play when the temperature is above 27 Degrees Celcius and under 25 Degrees Celcius...

Clipse 2
08-26-2007, 06:56 PM
You should really never have cold liquids of any sort near anything electronic. The condensation from the outside of the glass and the evaporates can get into the system and, over time, ruin it. It's an incredibly eventual process, and seeing that you won't be using your 360 in 2-3 years, it wouldn't matter. But whatever.

I'm sorry but this post kinda made me laugh. It doesn't matter if its a cold liquid or a hot liquid you shouldn't have it near any electrical device. If it some how gets inside the system it can cause a spark leading to fire, frying components, or even the possibility of nothing.

Now as far as condensation is concerned it always travels downward. If you were to pick up a class with a liquid that is condensing on the outside of the glass and swing it over an electrical device that condensation could drop and fall onto or into the device so thats why its not recommended to be around electronics. Its just like spilling a substance on it.

Evaporation is nothing to worry about, it is extremely unlikely that it would cause issues let alone ruin a system. It just goes into the atmosphere and combines with the humidity that is already in the air.

Since you spilt coke in your console it could cause you problems. Everytime you turn that system on its going to warm up and get pretty hot inside and probably melt or burn whats left of those coke ingredients. DO NOT be surprised if problems arise later on as LongJon said.

oneandonlytommo
08-26-2007, 07:18 PM
what if i only go on it for an hour a day it cant get too hot then and burn up....hopefully :( why couldnt it of just landed on my ps2 instead then i wouldnt of cared grrr :mad::(

Clipse 2
08-26-2007, 08:23 PM
what if i only go on it for an hour a day it cant get too hot then and burn up....hopefully :( why couldnt it of just landed on my ps2 instead then i wouldnt of cared grrr :mad::(

Roughly your processor will heat up from 120 degree F (50 degrees C) to 180 degrees F (80 degrees C). The heatsinks will take the majority of that off and the fans then suck out the hot air; either way it's still going to get pretty toasty inside the console. If I were you, I'd just play it until it gets the red lights again then send it in under warranty. Don't worry about it and just play it.