PDA

View Full Version : How exactly do you make points for global ranking?

Glyfear
04-21-2012, 04:10 AM
How exactly do you make points towards global ranking? I have all the mini games but 1 to gold. Bigginer and easy all gold, medium and hard to silver. And less points than people on my f list that have 1 gold and bronze on easy med hard and none on expert. And he has like 3 mill more than me. I only have 5,751,543 btw =(

Maka
04-21-2012, 04:53 AM
How exactly do you make points towards global ranking? I have all the mini games but 1 to gold. Bigginer and easy all gold, medium and hard to silver. And less points than people on my f list that have 1 gold and bronze on easy med hard and none on expert. And he has like 3 mill more than me. I only have 5,751,543 btw =(

Playing online?

I'm not sure, I'll have to take a look to see where I'm at.

DFizzle720
04-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Mini-games don't count toward the global leaderboard anymore, nor does multiplayer. Your leaderboard number in Evo is based on your times in singleplayer including tournaments.

One answer as to why your friend has a higher score may be the server issues that Microsoft had on release day. Somehow they weren't anticipating such high demand and the servers went down for a bit. As it turns out, while the servers were down people were obviously still playing and recording times. When the servers came back and those same tracks re-run by the same players, their times (and as such their scores) were entered into the leaderboard a second time. As a result, anyone playing during that time could have ended up with multiple hundreds of thousands of duplicate points.

RedLynx is looking into the issue with Microsoft and trying to figure out what to do. There is a more detailed, and probably better explained, thread going over on the RL forum about it. - http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8199

Glyfear
04-21-2012, 06:32 AM
lol im so stupid 75% of my times were when servers were down and didnt count towards my score *sigh* time to do begg easy and med again lol

acdougla17
04-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Getting no faults on a track with a slow time will earn more points than having 1 fault but an extremely fast time. After no faulting everything, platinums will give you another good chunk of score. Tournaments also count towards scoring but skill games DO NOT.

Tuusday
04-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Thanks to everyone who clarified.

Benny34
04-21-2012, 01:26 PM
lol noob questtion how do you get a platnium?

lord verh
04-21-2012, 01:49 PM
lol noob questtion how do you get a platnium?

First get 135 medals to unlock Platinum, it always requires 0 faults (probably) and a very difficult time.