PDA

View Full Version : It's finally happened

LDHughes
04-21-2012, 09:03 AM
It's been in my sig since release day and it's finally come true.

Another controller has felt the brunt of my frustration, just like this games predecessor did.

Battery pack completely smashed off, big mark on it from whatever it hit and a nasty sounding rattle. Still works though lol.

God damned extreme tracks.

Toams07
04-21-2012, 10:05 AM

To be honest, I found the Extreme tracks in this game WAY easier than in THD.
Inferno 3 took me ''only'' 16 minutes on my first try, while Inferno 2 took me about 25 minutes first try
Even managed to grab 2 gold medals on Extreme

gingeee85
04-21-2012, 10:13 AM
agreed the extreme are alot easier this time around, got a couple silvers but not good enough for gold lol,

The Hypnotoad
04-21-2012, 10:19 AM
haha I came so close to smashing my controller last night but I calmed myself down, went and played a bit of multilayer and went back to it.

fallout frank
04-21-2012, 11:41 AM
I was in party with a mate of mine last night, out of no where there is a scream, a smash then he gos offline. 2 minutes later i get a phone call, he had thrown his controller at his xbox, breaking both :) . Best thing was he was only playing medium lol.

Wiihalofan
04-21-2012, 12:56 PM
I feel like Inferno 3 could have been harder, even Way of the Ninja after the hype I heard for it. IMO, Dark City Run had the hardest obstacles xP

Benny34
04-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I was in party with a mate of mine last night, out of no where there is a scream, a smash then he gos offline. 2 minutes later i get a phone call, he had thrown his controller at his xbox, breaking both :) . Best thing was he was only playing medium lol.looool ahahah good story hehehe:eek:

lord verh
04-21-2012, 01:47 PM
The extremes are all easier then in Trials HD except for Inferno 3 IMO.

LaserPanther
04-21-2012, 02:12 PM
I think they only seem to be easier to some of us, because of the experience we gained in Trials HD.

acdougla17
04-21-2012, 05:49 PM
I will never understand how people throw their controller when they get mad/frustrated. Even if I was in an empty padded room, I wouldn't be able to throw my controller.

Trips
04-21-2012, 07:24 PM
I found the best way to relax after doing some extreme courses and failing was to sit back and enjoy some Gigatrack. That track is hand down my favorite course in the game.

Chadwinho
04-21-2012, 07:56 PM
I was in party with a mate of mine last night, out of no where there is a scream, a smash then he gos offline. 2 minutes later i get a phone call, he had thrown his controller at his xbox, breaking both :) . Best thing was he was only playing medium lol.

Classic...that made me spit my tea out

Prime8
04-21-2012, 07:58 PM
I also smashed my controller last night raging at this game. I was going for the "Burnt to a Crisp" achievement for about 4 hours. I finally got passed the bunny hop mid level and made it all the way to the end where I crashed on the last jump right in front of the finish line (which coincidentally netted me the "Nervous Twitch" achievement). Threw my controller straight to the ground and pieces flew.

I thought about getting on here last night and creating an expletive-filled rant about why I dislike this game, but I figured I shouldn't lol. I just hate how bad I am at this game. I've been struggling immensely with just the Medium tracks, and Lab Rat was the 1st Hard track I attempted.

Bananaster
04-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I will never understand how people throw their controller when they get mad/frustrated. Even if I was in an empty padded room, I wouldn't be able to throw my controller.

This exactly. Trials evolution isn't even a hard game, if you really want something to throw a controller over play Super Contra and get the Master achievement.

bjh_27
04-21-2012, 11:31 PM
It's been in my sig since release day and it's finally come true.

Another controller has felt the brunt of my frustration, just like this games predecessor did.

Battery pack completely smashed off, big mark on it from whatever it hit and a nasty sounding rattle. Still works though lol.

Thanks for posting this, made me chuckle like a little girl!

I feel your pain, a few controllers have skidded their way to a wall here and there, I know your rattle sound very well, as well as carpet burn marks on shoulder buttons before wall impact :)

Bought myself a nice silver, sliding d-pad controller and since I love it so much I have resisted throwing it once.

What is crazy is I am considering playing with an old standard blacky so i can take out my frustration on it, lol -- anyone else pummel their head when they screw up bad?!?!

ChickinOnaChain
04-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Saw the title, read the post and Trials Evolution will be just a demo to me...which I suck at.

adamrulz
04-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I broke one controller on hd, but damaged 2 others.
I got my temper under control other than a yell of
Frustration. I turn off the tv, and go outside for a few. I'm down
to 2600 on Eco. Gotta complete all tracks and do tourneys

Red Testament
04-22-2012, 04:23 AM
I got angry enough at Trials HD. I've just accepted I'm not good enough to get great times above Medium. I still have Extreme to open up and since I only finished one of those on THD, I don't have much hope for this one. :P

LDHughes
04-22-2012, 06:40 PM
I agree about the extreme tracks in this game being easier, its just one or 2 obstacles that cause me excessive trouble.

What actually made be rage so bad is that I had just got burnt to a crisp so was used to spamming the select button when I messed up. Then I went to extreme tracks, Every now and then I would hit select for no reason making me start over lol.
Did it one to many times.

I tend to just go FFFFFFUUUUUUU like when I make the stupidest of mistakes on the easiest part of a course.

MrPurple77
04-22-2012, 09:57 PM
I nearly smashed both my controller and my TV when going to do inferno. That made me rage...

StolenPaper18
04-22-2012, 10:11 PM
I agree about the extreme tracks in this game being easier, its just one or 2 obstacles that cause me excessive trouble.

What actually made be rage so bad is that I had just got burnt to a crisp so was used to spamming the select button when I messed up. Then I went to extreme tracks, Every now and then I would hit select for no reason making me start over lol.
Did it one to many times.

I tend to just go FFFFFFUUUUUUU like when I make the stupidest of mistakes on the easiest part of a course.

I was doing the exact same thing.

I don't really rage though. This game actually amuses me when something bad happens because 99% of the time it is all user error, lol. No one to blame but oneself.

mrj3d
04-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Surprisingly Trials doesn't make me that mad, even tho I will easily admit to getting mad at games over the years. I accepted a long time ago I just don't seem to have the skills some people do with this game. So after accepting that I just sit back and get what enjoyment I can. I seem to be able to get bronze and silvers on most tracks just the golds give me trouble. I can deal with that, I still love it for what I can do.

ManBearPig_06
04-23-2012, 01:26 AM
was used to spamming the select button
select button
.....whatญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญ

Flugruger
04-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Very much agree with the guy who said he couldn't possibly throw his controller. It's the same with me, normally when I continuously fail going for an achievement or whatever I'll just turn the air blue over a period of five seconds or so then regain my composure for the next try.

II KaotiK
04-23-2012, 01:46 PM
The whole game is easier.

Corrupt.
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Manage your anger better it's a fucking computer game...

ManBearPig_06
04-23-2012, 07:28 PM
it's a fucking computer game...
No it isn't. What's up with you people....

GR4V1G0R3
04-23-2012, 07:47 PM
I agree this is way easier than THD, the guy is more controllable, and aside from a few difficult jumps / hops on extreme, doesn't give much resistence.

I am one of the group who rage at this game though, when going for plat's and fucking up royally when over a seconup on my current time...

Also, last week, I was attempting marathon before this came out, got an odd bounce on smooth jumps and crashed - head butted the controller and had a lump on my head for 2 days :D

Bema Jinn
04-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Trials HD was the ONLY game ever to make me throw my controller across the room. Luckily no damage to the controller, i think mid-swing i resisted a little, heh.

The thing is though, that's why this game is so addictive, because that feeling when you complete a level that's been bugging you for ages is absolutely amazing!

Xer0 Ph0kus
04-25-2012, 10:52 AM
The only time I ever raged at this game was because my controller killed me on a pretty good hard track run. My left stick would sometimes get stuck pointing slightly left when I release pressure on it, though it looks like it's centered (which has gotten me killed in ME3 as well). So I went over a jump and started tilting backwards and by the time I realized what was going on I tried correct it and screwed it all up and wrecked. I was so mad I had to turn the game off and come back later.

Fox Hound JD
04-26-2012, 12:57 AM
ive only thrown 3 controllers, 1 was god of war's god mode, another on trials hds marathon achievement, and 1 on dead space 2s hardcore achievement. also i too think it just seems easier because of exerience gained in trias hd. love evolution. hope they bump it up to 800G....

LDHughes
04-26-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm trying to think of other games I've raged over as bad and cant think of any really, apart from the infinite respawn spots on COD Veteran, but i'm sure there are a few more lol.
Worst part is, it's not usually THE GAME, it's MY MISTAKE that makes me rage lol.