PDA

View Full Version : Icarus Factor

The Hypnotoad
04-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Is there any trick to flapping the wings to get the high scores on this skill game?

Everybody in my friends list is up to 200m but nobody has gotten further than that. Its the worst skill game imo and the only one I havent got gold on.

fallout frank
04-21-2012, 01:11 PM
No trick, its just luck, if you hit the ramp at a good angle you go far, if you don't you just flop. To do the buttons fast you should rub something across them, I use a lighter, but you could quite easily put your finger under your t shirt and rub the buttons. You are able to rub the buttons faster than you can press them.

Wiihalofan
04-21-2012, 01:20 PM
If you watch the top 20+ or so in the world it shows them frantically clicking the left trigger. I don't know how it helps exactly, but they all do that. And you REALLY gotta tap X and Y fast to get farther.

LaserPanther
04-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Here's a little trick:

I used my Streetfighter IV Fight Pad and set :ybut: and :xbut: to Turbo (Autofire) and went straight into the Hill at the end and got platinum.

Also, the replay says I was tapping LT all the way through, but I actually didn't hit it once.

I think it's impossible to get platinum the legit way, because I would say that I'm pretty at those quick-tapping games, but I hardly managed to get gold.

Wiihalofan
04-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Here's a little trick:

I used my Streetfighter IV Fight Pad and set :ybut: and :xbut: to Turbo (Autofire) and went straight into the Hill at the end and got platinum.

Also, the replay says I was tapping LT all the way through, but I actually didn't hit it once.

I think it's impossible to get platinum the legit way, because I would say that I'm pretty at those quick-tapping games, but I hardly managed to get gold.

Ah I guess that explains the LT on the top players lol

DethGrenade81
04-21-2012, 03:39 PM
:ltbut: and :xbut: are both mapped to the same action in the game. Thats why it shows on the replays.

Nutmeg
04-21-2012, 03:45 PM
It's the worst skill game. Spent 3 hours and barely got the gold. Totally random.

Gageamatron
04-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Not sure why everybody is saying it's random.

1.Back up

2.Hold forward + :rtbut:

3.Jam :xbut: + :ybut: like your life depends on it.

Got Platinum on my third try.

SonsOfDisaster
04-21-2012, 05:33 PM
yeah this skill game takes no skill, if you are good at it legit it just means you fap alot, if you want to be in the top 5,000 you have to use macro on X and Y lol..

BluWolve
05-28-2012, 10:11 AM
if you want to be in the top 5,000 you have to use macro on X and Y lol..
No you don't, I was the 4988th person to get the maximum distance and I did it legitimately. All I can say is that all those years of testing my might on Mortal Kombat finally paid off. Oh and you need to get the perfect take-off angle and speed. You can't just mash the buttons like crazy and expect to go far.

D4RTH G4TOR
05-28-2012, 04:12 PM
I got platinum legit. I think my best distance is 370m. The key is to reverse at the start. Then feather the gas until you are about 5 feet from the ramp them full throttle it. Once you are leaving the ramp bail forward at an upward incline. After that it all comes down to mashing buttons. By the way the top 2000 scores or so are all cheater who use a turbo controller. Hope I was of some help. May take a bit to get the platinum. Some luck is involved.

BluWolve
05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
I got platinum legit. I think my best distance is 370m. The key is to reverse at the start. Then feather the gas until you are about 5 feet from the ramp them full throttle it. Once you are leaving the ramp bail forward at an upward incline. After that it all comes down to mashing buttons. By the way the top 2000 scores or so are all cheater who use a turbo controller. Hope I was of some help. May take a bit to get the platinum. Some luck is involved.
How do you know they are cheaters? I got the exact same distance as them, the maximum you can go (700 and something), and I did the exact same thing you described. I just mashed my buttons very very fast. The only thing I did extra to what you described is when I first take off, hold forward so my rider leans forward, then as I hit the jump at full speed I lean back then quickly forward/up as I leave the ramp.

I can assure you I do not own a turbo controller, I honestly do not see the point of cheating to get a high score. I understand some of those people probably did use turbo controllers, I am just wondering how you could possibly know? Or are you just accusing them of cheating because you can't get such a long distance?

Bear in mind it didn't just take me one or two tries to get that distance either. My first 30 or so tries were pathetic, then I was hitting 400-500, then tonight I got the max.

It is the same as anything in this game I guess, practice makes perfect.

ChickinOnaChain
05-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Okay, do I press X and Y at the same time OR do them alternately?

I had a friend do the turbo controller and his distance was out there. I thought he was just that good until he told me that.

BluWolve
05-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Okay, do I press X and Y at the same time OR do them alternately?

I had a friend do the turbo controller and his distance was out there. I thought he was just that good until he told me that.
Alternate the buttons, and be careful not to hit the B button, so many times I had a good flight path then I hit the damn B button.

ChickinOnaChain
05-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Alternate the buttons, and be careful not to hit the B button, so many times I had a good flight path then I hit the damn B button.
Cool! I've tried both ways and for me, neither did much for me. :(. Thanks Blu!

andami
05-28-2012, 10:14 PM
No you don't, I was the 4988th person to get the maximum distance and I did it legitimately. All I can say is that all those years of testing my might on Mortal Kombat finally paid off. Oh and you need to get the perfect take-off angle and speed. You can't just mash the buttons like crazy and expect to go far.

And I'm 2000 and I did it legitimately. In fact, it took me only two tries to do so. You just need fast fingers. No luck involved at all. It's comparable to All You Can Quaff from Castle Crashers.

Edit: Actually, one trick is to vibrate your hand. Rapidly tap the "Y" button with your right thumb, and you'll vibrate your left thumb enough to tap the "X" button without necessarily needing to even move your left hand at all. Just keep the hand still, and the right thumb will do all the work.

D4RTH G4TOR
05-29-2012, 01:35 PM
How do you know they are cheaters? I got the exact same distance as them, the maximum you can go (700 and something), and I did the exact same thing you described. I just mashed my buttons very very fast. The only thing I did extra to what you described is when I first take off, hold forward so my rider leans forward, then as I hit the jump at full speed I lean back then quickly forward/up as I leave the ramp.

I can assure you I do not own a turbo controller, I honestly do not see the point of cheating to get a high score. I understand some of those people probably did use turbo controllers, I am just wondering how you could possibly know? Or are you just accusing them of cheating because you can't get such a long distance?

Bear in mind it didn't just take me one or two tries to get that distance either. My first 30 or so tries were pathetic, then I was hitting 400-500, then tonight I got the max.

It is the same as anything in this game I guess, practice makes perfect.

I retract my statement then. I know for sure that some of the people do in fact use a turbo controller to reach the max distance. I would be annoyed if I were you and had reached the maxed distance only to have 2000 other people get there using a turbo controller. Congrats on getting it legitimate. Guess my fingers just are not fast enough, at least I got platinum though haha.

ChickinOnaChain
05-29-2012, 02:02 PM
I know my fingers aren't fast enough. I tried the "vibrating" trick and got as far as I did without it. Keep trying I guess.

One1 Man Clan
05-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Lay your controller flat on your knee. Then, like someone said put a t-shirt over your hand and rub like f##k with your thumb. I got 418th in the world on my second try