PDA

View Full Version : I made a Let's Play video for Inferno 3

LordBling
04-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Took me over 200 faults, but I got it! (http://youtu.be/OGthNALBEdw?hd=1)

The live commentary is rated PG-13, which means one F-bomb....

EDIT: The first sentence above is a clickable link to the video.

madmankevin
04-21-2012, 06:20 PM
A 17 minute video of you doing bad on a track? No thanks.

LordBling
04-21-2012, 06:35 PM
If you're into Schadenfreude, then you might enjoy it. If not, then don't.

lord verh
04-22-2012, 09:36 AM
You should add a link or better key words, if I don't add let's play that vid is nowhere to be found LOL

LaserPanther
04-22-2012, 11:02 AM
You should add a link or better key words, if I don't add let's play that vid is nowhere to be found LOL
Erm, yeah? Well if you're looking for ANY "Let's play..." video, you SHOULD add "lets play" to find it...
:rolleyes:

lord verh
04-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Erm, yeah? Well if you're looking for ANY "Let's play..." video, you SHOULD add "lets play" to find it...
:rolleyes:

Obiously but if you want to get more views then folks looking for an imperfect (with faults) run of Inferno 3 should also find your vid without adding 'let's play'. That's what I meant.

ChickinOnaChain
04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
200? Wow. I had 20 in the first part of demo before I quit. It was in the rock section with the hand. Could not get passed that.

Maka
04-22-2012, 03:34 PM
200? Wow. I had 20 in the first part of demo before I quit. It was in the rock section with the hand. Could not get passed that.

That's a medium track, this is an extreme track.

LordBling
04-22-2012, 10:46 PM

The first sentence in my post is a clickable link.

seerk
04-24-2012, 09:59 AM
I enjoyed the video, I was laughing all through it because it made me imagine how frustrated id be and I could really hear it in your voice.

morbid snails
04-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Enjoyed watching that , I was worse though with 384 faults in 25 minutes lol

LDHughes
04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
You actually really helped me. Watching a 36 second faultless run does no good. But seeing trial and error, and seeing what finally works did.
I raged more than you BTW lol, you seemed very calm considering.

Preedatore
04-25-2012, 03:28 AM
You actually really helped me. Watching a 36 second faultless run does no good. But seeing trial and error, and seeing what finally works did.
I raged more than you BTW lol, you seemed very calm considering.

This is my thinking too. Everyone says, "just look at the top of leaderboard and watch his replay." F that. I'm not that good, so I can't string a run like that to perform the checkpoints in the same way. I like to scroll down to the guys with a bunch of faults and longer times to see how the managed certain things.

bjh_27
04-25-2012, 08:05 AM
This is my thinking too. Everyone says, "just look at the top of leaderboard and watch his replay." F that. I'm not that good, so I can't string a run like that to perform the checkpoints in the same way. I like to scroll down to the guys with a bunch of faults and longer times to see how the managed certain things.

agree, its fabulous to see the best runs in the world for trying to improve your time but really helpful to see weaker players runs whenyou are simply trying to finish an extreme track. thanks for the vid.

LordBling
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
agree, its fabulous to see the best runs in the world for trying to improve your time but really helpful to see weaker players runs whenyou are simply trying to finish an extreme track. thanks for the vid.

Glad to see most of you are enjoying it for what it is. I also believe that you learn more from watching a full video with faults than just watching a fast leaderboard run. Those are awe-inspiring, but you don't get to see what works and what doesn't (and usually, they're not starting from checkpoints so it doesn't feel like "apples-to-apples" comparisons).

I took lord verh's advice though, and added some description to the title of the video. "Let's Play" seems like it might be a beginning video, so hopefully it comes up in more searches now. Thanks.

DFizzle720
04-25-2012, 11:52 PM
I enjoyed this, looks very much like my run.

flOOfgOOfer360
04-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Thanks for posting the vid dude. Appreciate it! I struggled hard on this one but got it today (423 in 24:00 lol not so got) thank gawd I dont have to go back there again. :D

The tires at the end were quite tricky. I probably burned 70-80 attempts right there, was getting nervous... lol

Xerofox
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Thank for the video, I enjoyed it. It's kinda my skill level so it's more fun watching a video like this than someone who does this in 30 seconds. And that PG-13 commentary is why I'm not in a party when I am playing the game, your commentary could have been much worse. I like the relieve in your voice when you've passed a section :p

LDHughes
04-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Thank for the video, I enjoyed it. It's kinda my skill level so it's more fun watching a video like this than someone who does this in 30 seconds. And that PG-13 commentary is why I'm not in a party when I am playing the game, your commentary could have been much worse. I like the relieve in your voice when you've passed a section :p

I was in a party the other day, all of us playing evolution in one way or another. One person in particular was obviously struggling with something (turned out to be Inferno 3 lol).
His speech would go like this:
'general chat'
*silence*
"FUUUUUUUCCKKKK"
and repeat lol

LordBling
04-26-2012, 01:12 PM

Thanks. I like being in a party chat when friends are playing MP with me, or when we're all trying to beat top times on one of the skill games (Icarus FTW!). But when someone is doing an Extreme track? Not so much.