PDA

View Full Version : Dark city run

Preedatore
04-22-2012, 01:30 AM
I know I'm not anywhere near the skill of many here, but this track drove me insane. Particularly the portion where you ramp up over the scoreboard looking thing. I ended ip switching to the scorpion and pulling this out of my ass. 423 faults, 26 minutes. I'm amazed watching replays of those that make these tracks look easy.

DarkCreations
04-22-2012, 04:32 PM
I can get over that scoreboard after a few tries now, it's the part after I cant do. The small ramp that you have to ride up (almost vertically) to get into the building, it has quite a big gap between the ramp and ledge.

LDHughes
04-22-2012, 06:31 PM
I had no trouble with that level apart from that damned scoreboard.
Tried switching to Scorpion but couldn't make the jump between buildings with it.

Preedatore
04-23-2012, 12:15 AM
The building jump wasn't too difficult. Did you try jumping from the lower pole that sticks out of the building? I found that to be easiest way with scorpion.

LaserPanther
04-23-2012, 01:31 AM
I can get over that scoreboard after a few tries now, it's the part after I cant do. The small ramp that you have to ride up (almost vertically) to get into the building, it has quite a big gap between the ramp and ledge.
It's quite easy! Don't try it straight from the checkpoint, drive a bit closer to the ramp, so that your fronttire almost touches it. Lean backwards and hit the gas at the same time and then immediately lean forward. I hope this helps.

My last run was 1:33 and 8 faults. Somehow I managed to do that scoreboard thingy first try! :)

Flugruger
04-23-2012, 08:50 AM
I've only done each Extreme track once so far, but I know exactly which part you mean. I must have done about 35 of my 45 faults on that fucking scoreboard bit. I'm sure I'll get the technique down eventually but until then it'll be a bitch every time.

morbid snails
04-24-2012, 12:01 AM
The only extreme track that gave me serious grief was Inferno III , those horrible 3 inclines grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , I had 250+ faults on those then once I got past them , the rest wasn't too bad

Nutmeg
04-24-2012, 12:40 AM
The only extreme track that gave me serious grief was Inferno III , those horrible 3 inclines grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , I had 250+ faults on those then once I got past them , the rest wasn't too bad
I didn't find them hard. But that scoreboard in Dark City Run took me over 600 tries in two runs.

morbid snails
04-24-2012, 12:55 AM
I didn't find them hard. But that scoreboard in Dark City Run took me over 600 tries in two runs.

It's wierd but I did'nt have a problem with the scoreboard , got past it in about 10 tries , yet those inclines on Inferno nearly made me snap my wife :uzi:

SonsOfDisaster
04-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Method I found that works best for the scoreboard, backup as far as you can, stay in the center position, give your bike full gas, do a front flip while your in the air, and you should land on the 2nd ramp followed with enough bounce to get you up and over the scoreboard.

Hope that helps :)

DropDeadArtemus
04-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Which bike would you suggest for this track. I can't get past the scoreboard section. I was using the Phoenix, but I either land too low, or land with my front tire in between the two inclines which bounces me straight down.

Preedatore
04-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Which bike would you suggest for this track. I can't get past the scoreboard section. I was using the Phoenix, but I either land too low, or land with my front tire in between the two inclines which bounces me straight down.

I would say the phoenix. With the phoenix the only hard portion is the scoreboard. With the scorpion there are 3 difficult portions: jump up to the curved vent, scoreboard, and the vertical ramp after the scoreboard.

MC Something
04-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Method I found that works best for the scoreboard, backup as far as you can, stay in the center position, give your bike full gas, do a front flip while your in the air, and you should land on the 2nd ramp followed with enough bounce to get you up and over the scoreboard.

Hope that helps :)

I've found this to be the most consistent way for ME too. I haven't tried the flip yet though...I just try to bunny hop as high and far as possible. I'll have to give the flip a try.

It seems like I either struggle with that and then blaze right past the next jump (onto the building) or I blaze right past the scoreboard and then struggle with the next jump. My best is 43 faults.