PDA

View Full Version : Missing info in the guide.

Barrowland
04-23-2012, 03:13 AM
Just thought i would make a thread that people could add to if they discover something that is not included in the guide book that comes with the game.
For instance in the side quest "melitele's heart" page 69 it states that the girl will ask to buy it from us which is choice A and we can agree but it then warns that this will end the quest and that this is only a good thing if we have already finished the troll quest or if we don't intend to kill it. (the troll trouble). it says this because of the ingredients needed for the ritual. (this is when after reading that and after already killing the troll i sold it ending the quest)
The book however does not include the information that the items for the ritual can actually be bought off of Cedric. The item in question is the troll's tongue. i'm assuming that if the troll's quest had not been completed it would then add that quest item to drop on the troll. Now i had everything in storage so i can't be sure that i didn't get it regardless but obviously after reading that in the guide that came with the game i thought i was screwed and possibly ended the quest prematurely.
Also on another side note i sold the talisman to her for 200. is the item after the quest worth more and obviously because of this i probably missed out on quite a bit of xp (i assume).
If there is anything else that anyone has noticed i know i for one would like to be aware of it and i'm sure more people would too. And i know what i'm asking people to contribute to will contain some spoilers but can people please try and keep these to as little as possible. i know i might need to take a ring to a volcano but i don't need to know i'll go in with it. If u catch my drift.

Magician NG
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Both the manual and the handbook must've been straight prints of the original PC release, before all the patches, because there are numerous errors in both.

QuiCkz Ninja
04-24-2012, 08:55 AM
There are numerous errors on the handbook

rapture23
04-25-2012, 01:46 AM
Yes you can buy the ingredients but the handbook says that it is only worth it to sell it (melitele's heart) if you plan to let the troll live or have already completed the guest because if you buy the ingredients from cedric they are way too expensive to make it worth your while to complete the quest sense you don't get any extra XP for not selling it. So it's not missing information and it's not wrong.

Barrowland
04-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Because it doesn't tell me that I can buy them means it is wrong regardless of how much they cost. And because it doesn't tell me I can buy them It doesn't tell me I can actually continue the quest till its propere end. So I can say from my point that you are wrong.

And this thread isn't about that. It's meant to be about pointing out stuff that is wrong or misinformed to get the most from the game. I know I missed about 75% of that quest and it's only one quest but if that happens say 5 or 6 times over the entire game I would be pissed about that.