PDA

View Full Version : In Water path ends with Maria ending?

ImaginaryRuins
04-23-2012, 11:06 AM
I examined Angela's blade, tried keeping health low, read diary on hospital rooftop and listened to hotel recording and entire hallway dialog. Although I only tried entering Maria's room in the lyberyth once, the game gave me the Maria ending.

How come?

8BitSoul
04-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I examined Angela's blade, tried keeping health low, read diary on hospital rooftop and listened to hotel recording and entire hallway dialog. Although I only tried entering Maria's room in the lyberyth once, the game gave me the Maria ending.

How come?

Did you read the second message that appears at Neely's Bar after leaving the Otherworld Hospital?

ImaginaryRuins
04-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Did you read the second message that appears at Neely's Bar after leaving the Otherworld Hospital?

Well no, but the proportion of requirements I fulfilled should be more inclined to In Water rather than Maria, so I simply found it unbelievable, because I know that I need not do everything that a particular ending requires.

Perhaps I'll examine Angela's knife more times.

8BitSoul
04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Well no, but the proportion of requirements I fulfilled should be more inclined to In Water rather than Maria, so I simply found it unbelievable, because I know that I need not do everything that a particular ending requires.

Perhaps I'll examine Angela's knife more times.

I don't think it matters how many times you look at Angela's knife... I only examined it once or twice, and still got the ending.

Reading this message IS an important part of receiving the "In Water" ending, and increases your chances greatly of achieving it (along with checking Angela's knife, and reading the diary on the Hospital roof). All of these elements hint towards suicide, and the message at Neely's Bar is most likely the deciding factor, as it directly tells James that he should do it too. "If you really want to SEE Mary, you should just DIE. But you might be heading to a different place than MARY, James".

SPOILER ALERT!

It plays a big part in James' decision to commit suicide at the end of the game, and therefore, reading it seems to be of utmost importance when going for the "In Water" ending. The message helps James realize what he has actually done, and he begins to understand that the only way he can ever be with Mary again, is for him to kill himself.

ImaginaryRuins
04-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Thanks 8BitSoul, I got the ending.

Ceris
04-24-2012, 04:14 AM
Was it really that difficult to get it? I accidentally got In Water once when going for Leave. I felt like I didn't do anything significant other than keep my health low for the entire game (used first healing item after hospital roof incident) I wasn't too happy with my result lol

8BitSoul
04-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks 8BitSoul, I got the ending.

No problem! Happy to help :3

ImaginaryRuins
04-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Was it really that difficult to get it? I accidentally got In Water once when going for Leave. I felt like I didn't do anything significant other than keep my health low for the entire game (used first healing item after hospital roof incident) I wasn't too happy with my result lol

Perhaps one or more requirements weigh much heavier than others

victimroyalty
05-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I find some of the requirements for the endings strange. I never thought I'd get the In Water ending on my first play through. I know I missed some of the notes, and I never even looked at Angela's knife once.