PDA

View Full Version : The Hardest Achievement?

Flugruger
04-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Okay, so I'm just about done all the achievements - all I have to do now is take it online to win the five public matches. I'm sure people will have differing opinions on this as they always do but which one did you find the hardest?

Personally for me it would have to be Unyielding II which was quite frankly a pain in the arse. It's the only one repeated from the last game that was actually really any harder than its predecessor IMO. Maybe took me 50 goes to get it, as usual with this kind of thing I kept fucking up at different places every time. Squirrels achievement would have been literally completely impossible without the assistance of online guides, but I wouldn't say that one really counts.

To be honest I was expecting much harder achievements all round really. The Flawless Victory one should have been a lot worse than it was and was actually something of a disappointment as a result, absolute child's play if you did Marathon from Trials HD (I got it, but post-patch, no way was I good or calm enough to get it pre-patch!).

Nutmeg
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Unyielding seemed easy to me. I haven't tried Flawless Victory yet but Hard the Hard Way was the hardest so far. Every section is quite easy after some training but putting it all together in one flawless run was a disaster.

Bar Of Clay
04-23-2012, 12:38 PM
hard the hard way for me, its doing my nut in. agreed tho the scenic route is alot easier than either of the marathons from HD

SonsOfDisaster
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
I can do hard the hard way everytime, the only hard part in that track is the long log gap, and for that all i do is lean forward, backup as far as you can go and just gun it, and pull back near the last second.. works everytime.

I do agree that the scenic route is alot easier than marathon, but I still think that it is the hardest achievement for THIS game

Corrupt.
04-23-2012, 02:51 PM
My hardest was unyielding 2 but that only took about 30 or so tries :)

Maka
04-23-2012, 02:58 PM
The hardest in my opinion was completing all the Extreme tracks.

All the other ones took me like an hour max.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-23-2012, 04:36 PM
I only have two achievements left. One which I've attempted a few times and the other I haven't. I'd have to say Hard the Hard Way, for me at least, is the hardest achievement. I keep wiping out.

Nutmeg
04-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Just completed Flawless Victory on my third run. Failed twice in Falling Down. Very easy.

So yeah, Hard the Hard Way was the most difficult. Took me 2-3 hours of non-stop playing.

LDHughes
04-23-2012, 06:01 PM
For me its completing all the extreme tracks. Did flawless victory rather easily and the others were just trial and error til you got that one good run.

For some reason, for me the difficulty on extreme spikes really harshly from hard, Anything up to and including Hard I really enjoy and get good times, can do them flawless etc. Only need The Wreck and Inferno 3 but I'm just not skilled enough for some of the obstacles yet.

Xer0 Ph0kus
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I think the hardest so far would be Flawless Victory. I can get good runs and gold medals but I'm so inconsistent in my play that all my runs take a few restarts.

VladimirK
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
I thought Fast Five was the hardest due how much trouble I had actually finding a game, then I was getting hideous lag in every game and then other little bugs on top of that, for example having to do a race with the beige/brown results screen turning semi-transparent and stuck over the screen whilst I was playing.

(Plus of course the fact that I have no interest in the multiplayer made it feel like even more of a chore. :p)

LDHughes
04-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Just finished Inferno 3, really starting to get the hang of the more technical manouvures, once I nailed the technique for the ramps I could do it first time afterwards, definately improving at this game, time to get more medals and possibly revisit Trials HD.

Now all cheevs are done, for me it was still Demon on Wheels even though I ended up doing it without TOO much hassle. I actually really enjoyed getting Hard the Hard Way, it was a good challenge.

IRA GUNNER AFC
04-24-2012, 09:16 AM
For me the hardest achievement would be just doing all the extreme tracks.

dalton32389
04-24-2012, 09:18 AM
no question
demon on wheels 2
in terms of difficulty and time consumption.
the last one i have to earn.

stevie vip 99
04-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Unyielding 2 and burnt to a crisp, kept messing that up!!!
Demon was ok as so much practice on the first game.

Still have a few to mop up

DarkSephiroth
04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Definitely Flawless victory, took me most tries. Expert tracks were so easy O_O and don't get me wrong I'm a noob but it took me only one try to get these done. Only one of them took me over 300 fails and I remember in HD inferno 2 took me about 5-7hours and thousands of fails :D

Morbido
04-24-2012, 04:37 PM
For some reason, for me the difficulty on extreme spikes really harshly from hard, Anything up to and including Hard I really enjoy and get good times, can do them flawless etc.

Your dead right. Hard is fun, Extreme is annoying. I really hope they put in a MP filter that allows you to play hard tracks only.

I think the hardest so far would be Flawless Victory. I can get good runs and gold medals but I'm so inconsistent in my play that all my runs take a few restarts.

I was like this on Marathon. It boiled down to me rushing. Take your time and you will get there.

I can do hard the hard way everytime, the only hard part in that track is the long log gap, and for that all i do is lean forward, backup as far as you can go and just gun it, and pull back near the last second.. works everytime.

I also found this one no problem. Did it 3rd go.

OT. Im not looking forward to getting Unyielding II. Seems more luck than skill.

WVUBird87
04-24-2012, 05:42 PM
The hardest achievement for me was flawless victory. The hardest track in that tournament is Around the Ranch.

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Im not very good at this but i got unyielding was very easy tbh.

LDHughes
04-24-2012, 06:30 PM
The hardest achievement for me was flawless victory. The hardest track in that tournament is Around the Ranch.

I could allways do the first 4 and The Ascent flawlessly, around the ranch allways caught me out, there were 3 obstacles in particular that could catch me out and one of them allways did.

Im not very good at this but i got unyielding was very easy tbh.

I never bothered with unyielding in Trials HD and found unyielding 2 relatively easy aswell, went back to HD today and realised how easy the first unyielding cheev is, second one is definately more difficult.

CKK Salvation
04-24-2012, 07:41 PM

Just take your time. You don't need world record speed, just no faults. Falling Down is the easiest to mess up on imo.

Unyielding was the hardest for me, in that I spent the most time on it. None of the achievements were very difficult though, tbh.

MC Something
04-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Don't know if it's necessarily the "hardest" achievement but, easily the most FRUSTRATING one is Loonie Lander. I know I'll get it eventually but....holy shit.

Even when I was still learning in Trials HD, I never got this annoyed playing extreme tracks or anything because...although I ran out of time or hit 500 faults...I still enjoyed what I was doing and didn't mind having to do one or two tracks a few times.

This piece of shit UFO is like trying to fly a ceiling fan with floppy dildos for blades.

This will DEFINITELY only be worked on when I'm home alone. Nothing more pathetic than a 34 year old man yelling at his TV and punching the couch cushions.

Time for a drink...

IVIR BLOBBY
04-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Extreme tracks were easy enough besides for The Wreck & Inferno 3, they were just annoying.

My extreme tracks on trials hd are all bronze with 350+ faults, the first three tracks i got silver first time & gold on the first one with one retry.

I'd say they were maybe a little easier than HD but still just as fun, if clawing away at your eyeballs is your thing

LDHughes
04-24-2012, 10:52 PM
I like this thread because nobody is wrong.
Some people are very good at the technical parts of the game (read insane tracks) which I am not. However some people are consistent (like me), and find anything below insane not too hard, including the cheevs related to the levels. There are other catagories but these are the main 2 I have seen so far.

Ap3 Juice
04-25-2012, 12:34 AM
the UFO one is the last one i need, besides the editor ones

it is so annoying

ManBearPig_06
04-25-2012, 01:19 AM
What part of the ufo one are people having trouble with? Once I figured out you had to get to the place under a certain amount of time or it wouldn't let you in, it seemed pretty straight forward and simple, only took one try once I got inside the building.

Hardest one for me was Unyielding II, but that's probably because my controller is screwed up and the slightest jiggle of it would make the joystick count as off-center and leaning. I'd say the squirrels one would be the hardest if you didn't have spoilers.

Red Testament
04-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Hardest achievement... actually finishing a damn Extreme track, lol. I'm not particularly good at the technical part of Trials. On each Extreme track I can make it a certain distance, but never close to finishing.

ShaDoWL1nK
04-25-2012, 04:23 AM
Don't know if it's necessarily the "hardest" achievement but, easily the most FRUSTRATING one is Loonie Lander. I know I'll get it eventually but....holy shit.

Even when I was still learning in Trials HD, I never got this annoyed playing extreme tracks or anything because...although I ran out of time or hit 500 faults...I still enjoyed what I was doing and didn't mind having to do one or two tracks a few times.

This piece of shit UFO is like trying to fly a ceiling fan with floppy dildos for blades.

This will DEFINITELY only be worked on when I'm home alone. Nothing more pathetic than a 34 year old man yelling at his TV and punching the couch cushions.

Time for a drink...

LOL....yea I hear ya. That UFO is one touchy SOB!! Since I suk at all tracks that are past the medium difficulty I believe the extreme track achievement will take the cake. There are just some things I can handle and most things I can't. But for some odd reason I really do enjoy playing these trials games including trials hd. But I'm 36 and I'm just fine and dandy UNTIL I turn this game on. Then I start cursing like a sailor. I feel so childish afterwards. I just don't understand why I luv to hate this flippin game!! lol

bjh_27
04-25-2012, 07:47 AM

Time for a drink...

agree! made me chuckle, thanks! definitely a trials purist me, and this mini game is rubbish imo...

hardest for me was extreme tracks (even though they seem easier than on trials hd, even if i am now better). scoreboard in the dark city level is hard for me!

finally got my 300 on hd and 400 on evolution, but only about 4000 on leaderboards overall, a bit mediocre i guess, but i love these 2 games soooooo much -- but then i grew up on manic miner :)

Xer0 Ph0kus
04-25-2012, 10:43 AM
I was like this on Marathon. It boiled down to me rushing. Take your time and you will get there.

Yeah I'm caught between rushing because thats how I know the tracks and going really slow because that seems safer. It seems like everytime I go slow, especially on Falling Down I do it at a point where I should have gone faster to make a jump.:mad: I've made it to The Rancher so far with 0 faults, thats my record.

SonsOfDisaster
04-25-2012, 12:41 PM
finally got my 300 on hd and 400 on evolution, but only about 4000 on leaderboards overall, a bit mediocre i guess, but i love these 2 games soooooo much -- but then i grew up on manic miner :)

Im ranked 4278 on the global leaderboards with a minimum of gold on every track, if your in the 4,000's id say your alright :)

Toams07
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
I think ''Hard the Hard Way''
I rarely make the jump between the two long logs, so it's gonna take a while to beat the whole track

thoseAREmySHOES
04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Flawless Victory, with Unyielding II being a close second.

tugboatman
04-25-2012, 04:29 PM

Omg i actually laughed so hard i nearly pissed my pants an now my stomach hurts from laughing

i got squeezed
04-25-2012, 04:45 PM
For me it has to be Loonie Lander. I can' drive that UFO worth crap, and Hard the Hard Way. I spent at least 3 days off and on trying to make it pass that jump and then I saw a video online and after that I pretty much passed it.

MC Something
04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Omg i actually laughed so hard i nearly pissed my pants an now my stomach hurts from laughing

Haha. It's the visual that gets you. Hopefully somebody, somewhere will actually make a ceiling fan with floppy dildos.

MC Something
04-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Went back to try the Loonie Lander achievement again last night. I told myself I would try it only 5 times and then move on to something else to avoid waking up my kids. I'm happy to say...I got it on the second try.

While I was "familiar" with the controls I figured I'd go ahead and get the gold medal in the event as well because...guess what I'm NEVER doing again. That's right....flying that stupid thing.

Ever!

Philip1979
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Can't get this bloody UFO one!

DFizzle720
04-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Flawless Victory, with Unyielding II being a close second.
Pretty much this for me. I don't know that any of the achievements are really that hard, more annoying than anything, but Flawless Victory is definitely frustrating. I manage to mess up in a different place every time it seems. At least it feels doable, I remember Marathon feeling impossible the first few times I ran the tourney.

Finally got Unyielding II last night. I would mess up on the same two or three parts every time. I actually faulted just before the finish line and just about smashed my controler but then managed a clean run on my next try.

i got squeezed
04-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Pretty much this for me. I don't know that any of the achievements are really that hard, more annoying than anything, but Flawless Victory is definitely frustrating. I manage to mess up in a different place every time it seems. At least it feels doable, I remember Marathon feeling impossible the first few times I ran the tourney.

Finally got Unyielding II last night. I would mess up on the same two or three parts every time. I actually faulted just before the finish line and just about smashed my controler but then managed a clean run on my next try.

Flawless Victory.... yeah I always mess up on either Falling Down, or Around the Ranch in different spots too. As for Unyielding II I thought that was pretty easy. Got it on my 2nd try.

Mike-H
04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Flawless Victory for me. I must have put about 8 hours into this over the last few days. It's stupid because I can load up any of those tracks individually and do them perfectly every time but when it comes to doing them for this achievement something goes wrong every time. I'm now getting to the point where I'm gonna have to give up on this because it's just not worth the stress and frustration its causing me :mad:

Toams07
04-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Flawless Victory for me. I must have put about 8 hours into this over the last few days. It's stupid because I can load up any of those tracks individually and do them perfectly every time but when it comes to doing them for this achievement something goes wrong every time. I'm now getting to the point where I'm gonna have to give up on this because it's just not worth the stress and frustration its causing me :mad:

Yeah, Flawless Victory is hard as well. I know I can do it since I got Marathon on HD as well, but for some reason I always screw up the lamest way possible.
I won't stop till I get it though

GR4V1G0R3
04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
probably unyielding II for me

i can do technical, not well, and it may not look pretty, but i can get there eventually - but this not leaning crap, i didnt manage to do it myself on the original - passed the pad to my mate before i threw it at the tv

3 attempts for flawless victory, 8 - 10 attempts for hard the hard way, 3 for the UFO... but as others say - without the guides, the squirrels would've been a bitch

Nutmeg
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
but as others say - without the guides, the squirrels would've been a bitch

Without the guides, pretty much any collectible achievement in any game would've been a bitch.

Mike-H
04-26-2012, 08:27 PM
I won't stop till I get it though

I wish I could say the same.

I've now given up on flawless victory, I'm gonna do my last few extreme tracks and get the squirrels and make do with 380/400 on this game.

I felt I was close to doing it yesterday but now I'm back to making stupid mistakes again. It's probably due to the fact that I've been grinding at it going through an endless cycle of fault, restart, fault, restart.

Anyway, good luck to anybody trying for it and respect to anybody who has already done it.

Scrubber
04-27-2012, 05:03 PM
I'd say flawless victory seeing as its the only one i've yet to get.

IC3 L3G3ND
04-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Im no pro at this game but none of these achievements are hard, only challenge would be extreme tracks if you are nw to the series but even then its far too easy compared to HD

flOOfgOOfer360
05-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Flawless victory felt the hardest, but doing the extreme track in reality took the most time.

the suckediest one? Loonie f-n Lander. The first 30 seconds were fun.... thats about it.

judd90
05-02-2012, 04:37 AM
I can't get the one on the reptile 125 on the hard track, also the marathon kind of one is hard to they are the only two I have left.

Toams07
05-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Edit:

Just finished all I had left (Flawless Victory, Hard the Hard Way, Fast Five and Loonie Lander) in less than an hour. 400/400

Euler13
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I've still got Fast Five to get (I'm crap at racing!) and Flawless Victory so it has to be those two. The only achievement I never got in Trial HD was Marathon and although Flawless is easier I can see this being the one that got away.

Seppälä
05-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I think Unyielding II was the hardest one for me and it was not that hard.
Good achievements in this game, the only crappy one was the squirrels.

thenutman69321
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
I found Flawless Victory extremely easy as I had played every level in it over a dozen times before to beat friends times so I got it easily the first try. My hardest was probably burnt to a crisp. I had a lot of trouble keeping up my speed as to not blow up.

Toams07
05-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I found Flawless Victory extremely easy as I had played every level in it over a dozen times before to beat friends times so I got it easily the first try. My hardest was probably burnt to a crisp. I had a lot of trouble keeping up my speed as to not blow up.

Burnt to a Crisp took me quite some tries as well.
The good thing was, after unlocking it, I had enough practise to get the Platinum for Lab Rat couple days later

NnuttHowze T9X
05-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Flawless Victory with Hard the Hard Way being second.

like everyone else i can do any of the maps in that tourny no problem. but all in a row was a pain in the A**.

with hard the hard way that damn log jump was the only difficult part of the achiv.

finally got my 400/400 tho.

HiradC
05-09-2012, 09:49 PM
I just have scenic route left to do, no guarantees tho. I'm alright at it just the patience required and consistency I tend to mess up hehe, still need marathon too!

i fist brown i
05-10-2012, 03:37 AM
I think ''Hard the Hard Way''
I rarely make the jump between the two long logs, so it's gonna take a while to beat the whole track

i struggled earlier with this too. just make sure your leaning forward, and then bunny hop. it worked alot better than just a bunny hop.

Thee Elf
05-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Hard the hard way and flawless victory were tops for me.

FreeFool
05-11-2012, 11:38 AM
I like this thread because nobody is wrong.
Some people are very good at the technical parts of the game (read insane tracks) which I am not. However some people are consistent (like me), and find anything below insane not too hard, including the cheevs related to the levels. There are other catagories but these are the main 2 I have seen so far.

Yeah, i just can not do the extreme/insane tracks but can do all others no problem with few to no faults.

I wish the game had some longer tracks of the non insane variety to keep me interested, as i will not be able to complete the very hardest tracks no matter how long they'd give me.

I wish they could some how create very hard tracks that are less technical, they could require more speed control instead or perfect landings from huge jumps etc to make them harder rather than extremely technical parts.