PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide & Roadmap (Complete Edition, Confirmed Working)

BoomerCE
04-23-2012, 03:42 PM
CROSS CHANNEL ~In memory of all people~

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Offline: 40 (1000:gsicon:)
-Online: 0 (0:gsicon:)
-Approximate amount of time to 1000:gsicon:: 12 hours with original controller (5 hours with turbo controller) if follow the guide precisely
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 plus some mop-up
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No difficulty settings
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed?: None but a turbo controller is highly recommended

Introduction:
CROSS CHANNEL, first released in 2003 on Windows PC, is one of the most well-known and outstanding Japanese text adventure game for its excellent plot and unique gameflow. The original release is an adult game with sex contents, however these are removed to meet the requirements of console manufacturers.

Set-up:
The achievement 誠実なプレイ (30:gsicon:) demands 10,000 hits of :abut:, a turbo controller is highly recommended. Do not use :start: or :rbbut: to fast forward unless this achievement unlocks.

Move your profile and savegame to HDD to avoid slowdown.

WARNING
Never press :back: during the whole process, as it directly jumps to next selection without counting the percentage of collection. In case you hit it by accident, immediately load the most recent savegame if you do not want to start over after completion of whole storyline.

100% collection:
Precisely follow the excellent guide of @sanger, http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=322879. Check both percentage when you reach a save point to make sure you missed none, if anything goes wrong immediately load the last savegame. Any negligence will end up with starting over the whole storyline.

For achievement 真実の言葉 (30:gsicon:):
You will see some scrambled text after starting Another Story for a while. Press :ybut: to find the scrambled text and real text (both with a volume icon), and press :ybut: while highlighting the line to play the voice. The achievement will unlock after both voice played.

For achievement 終わらない一週間 (40:gsicon:):
Use the special savegame no.5 created following the guide and loop 100 times by selecting in this order: 一年教室 -> 接近する -> 学校に行く. After 18 loops you are forced to a bad ending, just load the savegame again and repeat until the achievement unlocks.

Conclusion:
Comparing to other Japanese text adventure games, this one has a difficulty of 2/10 because smallest misses will end up with doing a complete playthrough again. However, provided the outstanding guide and hard work of @sanger, it is possible to gain 1000:gsicon: in one go. The story is also moving, if you are interested, download the PC version (full version with a lot of sex contents) and enjoy:p

HowManyBullets
06-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Are you sure about the completion time as Sanger says 12h and yours is 5h or less? That's quite a difference.

PK!
07-19-2012, 05:26 AM
CROSS CHANNEL ~In memory of all people~

-Approximate amount of time to 1000:gsicon:: 5 hours or less if follow the guide precisely

Totally wrong... Minimum 12 hours like sanger says in 100% text/selection topic...

Please, correct this.
Thanks for do a guide, and help us to unlock the other 2 achievements.

BoomerCE
08-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello buddy~Starting with 0:gsicon:, I finished whole 1000:gsicon: in no more than 5 hours thanks to my Madcatz turbo controller which costs $20 with 1-year warranty (in China). Will correct the guide:)

Suthef
08-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Wrong dude

HowManyBullets
09-03-2012, 05:09 PM
The op is right. This is truly 5h or under. I just completed this and it took me about 4.5-5h to 1k.

The game didn't slow down or atleast I didn't notice it. I used turbo controller to get 10k A button achievement (which didn't take long) and as soon as I got that, I changed to auto skip mode + rubber band. That is alot faster way than pushing A, even with the turbo controller.

sanger
10-08-2012, 07:12 AM
The slowdown seems to vary for people. For me, the game slowed down to at least 50% speed at around 50% text read and it becamse slower and slower. It seems to have something to do with your cache, where your profile is stored (usb/hdd/memory), whether the game is installed, and how big your profile is.

You should put your profile on the hdd, have the game installed to the hdd, clear system cache to minimize the slowdown. I had same problem with 11 Eyes Crossover and Root Double. Many people said they didn't experience the problem with 11 Eyes. Not too many people seem to have played Root Double for the full 1000G, so I'm not sure if that game is also just me having issues.

a_correa4
11-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Im passed the 5hr mark and only 64% of the way done. My game REALLY slowed down when i hit 34% of the texts. To get to the next text takes a while! Anybody know if clearing cashe or something will help speed things up?