PDA

View Full Version : Fast Five

Crash Geom
04-24-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm actually A License and maybe I skipped over the License test kind of quickly, but what's the strategy to racing? I'm ok at landing the bike, but don't have a clue how some people are speeding right past me. General hints to advanced hints would be great. Thanks. :woop:

CKK Salvation
04-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Not faulting is the best advice I can give. The way you land from a jump makes a big difference. Driving on just your back tire, if you don't lose control, can gain you some decent speed. And choosing the right path, imo, is the biggest thing to getting a better speed in Trials.

BThumme
04-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Use the scorpion.

LaserPanther
04-24-2012, 10:58 PM
1. Use your brake! Most people I've seen online always full throttle through the tracks, which make them often land in uphill ramps. Get used to the tracks and slow down to land in the downwards transitions. This will give you great advantage.

2. Use the Scorpion bike.

3. Don't fault, because you'll get a minus 1 for every crash.

LDHughes
04-24-2012, 11:02 PM
As mentioned above, scorpion is the best all rounder and easier to handle (so less faults).
Do not full throttle, ride the course.
Make sure you finish, a DNF is an instant 0 and a guaranteed loss.

Ap3 Juice
04-25-2012, 12:30 AM
i used the phoenix and went 5/6 against people using scorpions...

Crash Geom
04-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks the Scorpion really helped! You just have to hope the Phoenix users suck! :)

Xer0 Ph0kus
04-25-2012, 10:46 AM
I actually found it easiest to do the mode where everyone is a ghost and you play a single player track. Those are the courses you've done before so you don't have to relearn new course and if you are good at single player it'll be a breeze to beat some of these guys.

LDHughes
04-25-2012, 02:49 PM
i used the phoenix and went 5/6 against people using scorpions...

I also use the phoenix and win more rounds with it, but I also sometimes fail terribly with it in one of the rounds and wind up losing the match due to it.
The scorpion I find I get all decent runs all the time but dont necessarily allways win the round. However due to no massive fails or faults I often come top of the match or close.

Crash Geom
04-26-2012, 12:18 AM
I also use the phoenix and win more rounds with it, but I also sometimes fail terribly with it in one of the rounds and wind up losing the match due to it.
The scorpion I find I get all decent runs all the time but dont necessarily allways win the round. However due to no massive fails or faults I often come top of the match or close.

Yea that's pretty much it.

Faults are more important in Supercross than Trials since there's no penalty in trials other than slowing you down.

In General, if you can't use Phoenix and do Beginner Track with 0 faults, Easy with 0-1 or Medium with 0-2. Then you're better off with Scorpion. There's 2 Medium tracks that Scorpion really suck at. Limbo and another.

Got my achievement. No more public multiplayer ever! :uzi:

tugboatman
04-26-2012, 12:23 AM
its all about the flow of the track try your best to work with it, dont hit hills and ramps on the up slopes and dont be afraid to use your breaks, sometimes hitting a ramp before a big jump slower will cause you to take the big ramp faster and gain a massive amount of air time/distance