Congratz, now to finish up SH3 and get 1000G :D

demphra
04-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Congratz, now to finish up SH3 and get 1000G :D

thanks

:)

AlterEgo3561
04-27-2012, 04:15 AM
congrats :) those golden stars are beutiful arent they?

8BitSoul
04-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Congratulations! I managed to achieve the 10* ranking a few days ago myself, and let me tell you; the feeling is absolutely exhilarating! But since you got it yourself, you know all about that already;) Took a quick picture with my phone. My stats were very similar to yours in fact!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7050&stc=1&d=1335531882

demphra
04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
yep those gold stars really did arouse me for a job well done hehe

demphra
04-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Congratulations! I managed to achieve the 10* ranking a few days ago myself, and let me tell you; the feeling is absolutely exhilarating! But since you got it yourself, you know all about that already;) Took a quick picture with my phone. My stats were very similar to yours in fact!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7050&stc=1&d=1335531882

very similar indeed difference is

my riddle level was on hard as i never touched it until this run

your total time to complete this was 3 mins before me lol

you had more item pick ups

whoa you had 2 more gun kills and 2 more melee kills than me

you beat me way beyond the boat time as i moved both analog sticks to the left clockwise a lil to far past the light til i turned both sticks clockwise to the right a lil slowly to center to the light and i finally moved both sticks counterclockwise as fast as i can to get to the light lol

your total damage by that less is a miracle

ImaginaryRuins
04-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Hey guys, I'm doing my 10* playthrough now. Just wanna ask whether it's a must to get the +8 special items (all of them) for the 150 items requirement. I read somewhere else that it's not, but since you guys both got it with +8 so just to play safe.

I skipped the Hyper Spray Gun at the beginning, so is it possible to get it during Otherworld Silent Hill streets?

Also did you do the gun kills mostly on the street, or at the maze section by deliberately answering the riddle wrongly to spawn monsters?

8BitSoul
04-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Hey guys, I'm doing my 10* playthrough now. Just wanna ask whether it's a must to get the +8 special items (all of them) for the 150 items requirement. I read somewhere else that it's not, but since you guys both got it with +8 so just to play safe.

I skipped the Hyper Spray Gun at the beginning, so is it possible to get it during Otherworld Silent Hill streets?

Also did you do the gun kills mostly on the street, or at the maze section by deliberately answering the riddle wrongly to spawn monsters?

YES! You do need all of the special items. I got burned on that on my playthrough before I got the 10*. All I was missing was the special items, and that includes ALL of them. Just make sure you don't equip or use any of them (unless you're going for the UFO ending), as I read somewhere that it can mess up your score. Not sure if it's true though, but I wouldn't take any chances!

The Hyper Spray can be acquired after leaving the Otherworld Hospital. I recommend getting it then, rather than at the beginning of the game, as it will save you some time, and the Hyper Spray will still be there.

I mixed it up a bit as far as my kills go... Up until I left the Hospital, I had only melee kills. I used 3-5 bullets to down them, then kicked them to finish them off quickly and not waste time. In fact, the only kill I had until I got the gun, was the first enemy you meet. It's not worth trying to kill the Lying Figures with melee weapons, as they are extremely dangerous if they start crawling, not to mention their spray. I had around 25 melee kills by the time I reached the Hospital, and got somewhere between 10-15 more there. Once I got the Shotgun and retrieved all of the ammo from the Trick or Treat box, I was all set to go hunting. I counted roughly 58 kills by shooting between leaving the Hospital, and entering the Historical Society. After that, it was only a matter of sweeping up the last couple of kills for both melee and firearms. I noticed the game "lagged" a little when I hit what I counted as my 72nd shooting kill (like when you unlock the achievements), and assumed that I had reached the limit. Same thing for melee kills. But just to be sure the game didn't screw me over by just lagging for no reason, I killed a few more enemies just in case :P I didn't have to use the trick with the Hangman Puzzle, but it's a great way to get the last few kills if you are missing any by that point!

If you are unsure if you have met the required number of kills, it might be a good idea to save before Abstract Daddy, so that you can always go back and gather up the last number of kills you need. It's not awfully far from the end, and it is doable!

I also recommend having a pen and paper next to you when you play. Keep track of how many melee and firearm kills you get. Also, and this is important (unless your memory is really good), write down how many kills you have before each of the two saves! I forgot to write that down, and I lost track completely! Luckily though, it was on the playthrough where I didn't know I needed the special items, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway:P Just for fun, here's the results from the playthrough I did before I got the 10* rating. I almost loaded my save before Abstract Daddy to get the two remaining kills, but then I discovered by random chance that you needed the special items :P

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7051&stc=1&d=1335572468

demphra
04-28-2012, 12:52 AM
YES! You do need all of the special items. I got burned on that on my playthrough before I got the 10*. All I was missing was the special items, and that includes ALL of them. Just make sure you don't equip or use any of them (unless you're going for the UFO ending), as I read somewhere that it can mess up your score. Not sure if it's true though, but I wouldn't take any chances!

The Hyper Spray can be acquired after leaving the Otherworld Hospital. I recommend getting it then, rather than at the beginning of the game, as it will save you some time, and the Hyper Spray will still be there.

I mixed it up a bit as far as my kills go... Up until I left the Hospital, I had only melee kills. I used 3-5 bullets to down them, then kicked them to finish them off quickly and not waste time. In fact, the only kill I had until I got the gun, was the first enemy you meet. It's not worth trying to kill the Lying Figures with melee weapons, as they are extremely dangerous if they start crawling, not to mention their spray. I had around 25 melee kills by the time I reached the Hospital, and got somewhere between 10-15 more there. Once I got the Shotgun and retrieved all of the ammo from the Trick or Treat box, I was all set to go hunting. I counted roughly 58 kills by shooting between leaving the Hospital, and entering the Historical Society. After that, it was only a matter of sweeping up the last couple of kills for both melee and firearms. I noticed the game "lagged" a little when I hit what I counted as my 72nd shooting kill (like when you unlock the achievements), and assumed that I had reached the limit. Same thing for melee kills. But just to be sure the game didn't screw me over by just lagging for no reason, I killed a few more enemies just in case :P I didn't have to use the trick with the Hangman Puzzle, but it's a great way to get the last few kills if you are missing any by that point!

If you are unsure if you have met the required number of kills, it might be a good idea to save before Abstract Daddy, so that you can always go back and gather up the last number of kills you need. It's not awfully far from the end, and it is doable!

I also recommend having a pen and paper next to you when you play. Keep track of how many melee and firearm kills you get. Also, and this is important (unless your memory is really good), write down how many kills you have before each of the two saves! I forgot to write that down, and I lost track completely! Luckily though, it was on the playthrough where I didn't know I needed the special items, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway:P Just for fun, here's the results from the playthrough I did before I got the 10* rating. I almost loaded my save before Abstract Daddy to get the two remaining kills, but then I discovered by random chance that you needed the special items :P

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7051&stc=1&d=1335572468

that's where i had my 2nd save instead of the graveyard before eddie because of its narrow space where you always get caught off guard worse than eddie hehe

ImaginaryRuins
04-28-2012, 03:05 AM
Wow thx 8bitsoul, thanks for your detailed answers! Fortunately I'm currently just at my first save (before the Pyramid Head run), so that mean I can still get the Spray.

I did not get a hit until I reached Otherworld hospital as two nurses boxed me in a corridor. Got 3 hits from her pipe and was in danger red health zone (fortunately I didn't die, thank God there)

If my counting is correct I have 54 melee kills and 3 gun kills (the 3 Flesh Lips) before going back into the Otherworld streets, but to get that so many gun kills as yours, about how much time did you spend on wondering around? I don't want to find out I passed the time limit.

Rage66
04-28-2012, 09:46 AM
a few weeks ago you said this Achievement is a 5/10 and just Time Consuming nothing else.... so why is this even worth your own "I DID IT" Thread & Video?

8BitSoul
04-28-2012, 11:38 AM
I did not get a hit until I reached Otherworld hospital as two nurses boxed me in a corridor. Got 3 hits from her pipe and was in danger red health zone (fortunately I didn't die, thank God there)

If my counting is correct I have 54 melee kills and 3 gun kills (the 3 Flesh Lips) before going back into the Otherworld streets, but to get that so many gun kills as yours, about how much time did you spend on wondering around? I don't want to find out I passed the time limit.

Those nurses can get really nasty if they get too close! My biggest problem was the camera angles on the 2nd and 3rd floor, when exiting the stairway! Great job on not taking a single hit until the Hospital though! I believe I had 2 hits by the time I entered the Hospital, and took a couple more before getting to the Otherworld.

All of the kills I got between the Otherworld Hospital and Historical Society, were between the Hospital and the my destination, so I never had to stray too far away from my path in order to get kills (though I did take a couple of detours in order to rack up a few extra kills). In hindsight, I have a terrible sense of time when it comes to things like this, but I estimate anywhere between 10-20 minutes. All the targets were already in the path I was headed, so it wasn't like I had to look for enemies to kill. It doesn't take as much time as you'd think, and I view this part of the game the best place for racking up most of the kills with firearms. If you want to know your current time, you could always look at your last save (before the Pyramid Head run). I'd say you're over halfway through the game, and depending on how much time you have used up until this point, and how many kills you get in the streets, you should be able to finish within the time limit.

ImaginaryRuins
04-28-2012, 05:39 PM
I did it! I could feel my heart thumping very fast during the black loading result screen! When I saw lots of gold stars and no small stars I thought 'YEAH!'

I got 77 melee kills and 81 gun kills. Boat ride took 1min8s. Damage 367

8BitSoul
04-28-2012, 06:59 PM
I did it! I could feel my heart thumping very fast during the black loading result screen! When I saw lots of gold stars and no small stars I thought 'YEAH!'

I got 77 melee kills and 81 gun kills. Boat ride took 1min8s. Damage 367

Congratulations! I had the same feeling when I waited for the results to load! Even though I was pretty sure I had made it, my heart pounded like crazy!

Alan Fake
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Wow, this much harder than it looks