PDA

View Full Version : Needs Lock On

v SnOwMaN v
04-25-2012, 07:02 PM
I hope they add some type of lock on system in this game. When I played the demo. I had to actually keep turning and turning just hit someone. I'm not saying just add something where you hold a button and it completely locks on, but something like The Witcher 2 fighting system minus the lock on.

bryson 06
04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
this is exactly what i was thinking, they should change LT from sheathe to lock on. That small change would make the combat much better.

but overall really had a lot of fun with the game, i was on the fence but might pick this up now.

BBowles
04-26-2012, 02:34 PM
This was my only complaint about the demo as well, but it won't stop me from picking it up.

Nuke2099
04-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Lock on really? get out, great games like MH didn't need it so just cope with it in this game, I can hit a target easily so should you unless you're blind.

Edit: Sorry if that comes across as angry but its true

Strid
04-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Monster Hunter would eat these people alive -.-' But I'm with you Nuke. The more skill involved the better, always.

GaussianMist
04-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Didn't have a problem with not having lock on. People said the same thing about not being able to strafe in Witcher 2. I think people are just babied this generation.

bryson 06
04-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Not quite sure how wanting lock-on = being a baby. No one said its a deal breaker, just it would be nice.

I think lock-on allows for better strategy as you can designate exactly what attack for which target.

Plus using a trigger to sheathe a sword feels like a wasted button. Just b/c ppl have a preference for controls does not somehow make them lesser gamers, we just see the room for improvement in how the game handles.

it is a legitimate criticism, no one said this game is bad for it or they now wont buy it and enjoy it. All we said is that it would be nice if it was an option.

Just so i am clear Im not talking about auto aim with the bow or magic or anything like that, i am talking about the melee combat. Also lock-on helps set a target to keep the camera centered.

Rob27
04-27-2012, 12:42 AM
I like the freedom of not locking on, but I also agree the camera shouldn't have to be constantly adjusted when trying to focus on enemies. It does seem to kinda lock when climbing the large enemies though.

Tenreth
04-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Sorry, but i like this. It's a good fighting system. Requires some effort to be effective. I'm always looking forward for those games.

Qonok
04-27-2012, 02:58 AM
I prefer lock-on, myself. I played through Risen and there is no lock-on and it can give you fits especially when there are multiple enemies.

I don't know how many times that I would be fighting one and the other would move close enough for the auto-lock of the game would change my target for me and get me out of position defensively. Opening me up for a nice back attack from the one I was originally fighting.

v SnOwMaN v
05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Not quite sure how wanting lock-on = being a baby. No one said its a deal breaker, just it would be nice.

I think lock-on allows for better strategy as you can designate exactly what attack for which target.

Plus using a trigger to sheathe a sword feels like a wasted button. Just b/c ppl have a preference for controls does not somehow make them lesser gamers, we just see the room for improvement in how the game handles.

it is a legitimate criticism, no one said this game is bad for it or they now wont buy it and enjoy it. All we said is that it would be nice if it was an option.

Just so i am clear Im not talking about auto aim with the bow or magic or anything like that, i am talking about the melee combat. Also lock-on helps set a target to keep the camera centered.

The bolded part is what I mean. Something for melee combat. If I am fighting 10 people I want to know who I'm aiming at to hit instead of it wildly swinging because of camera and targeting issues.

Great will still get but hoping something is done about targeting or camera system.

KeyOfDarkness
05-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I agree that melee combat should have some form of lock-on, but not for "boss" enemies, just for minions and the like.
As having 5+ enemies in the same area and not knowing which you're auto-locked onto is a bit weird
Dark Souls does it really well, and I'd like to see it implemented, but it's not a deal breaker.

And don't compare this to Monster Hunter's combat, it's just silly.
Monster Hunter has one big boss creature to fight with very few fodder creatures and has directional attacking, whereas this is more free-flowing.

ProdigyChildPwn
05-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Playing the demo well over 20 times, I never came across any problems with melee combat. I rarely miss and if I do it's because of me and not the camera.

I even tried playing the Prologue Quest without moving the camera during battle and I had no issues. When you strike an enemy, the camera automatically adjusts to the enemy you've engaged. The camera won't lock to the enemy but it does the same thing as pressing in the right stick, centers the camera.

And suppose you wanted to use a specific move on an enemy? Then just move the left stick towards the enemy and use the move. There shouldn't be any issues with this. I never had problems when fighting multiple enemies close to me.

I don't know if it's because I'm a Monster Hunter veteran but I do like the freedom of controlling the camera as I see fit. I want to control MY movements, actions and attacks to wherever I want and not to one singular enemy.