PDA

View Full Version : Finding Consume Upgrades

goobermaster
04-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Hi all,

I only have 2 achievements left for this (All Growed Up/Finally Full). I am currently trying to find all the upgrades you earn through eating people/creatures.

I was wondering if there was an agreed strategy for finding these? I see some during missions, some during free roam. I have gotten all the upgrades for helicopter/rifle/launcher, but have not found any armor guys etc.

Can I get one in a lair and then keep reloading the checkpoint to farm them, etc?

Hoping someone knows more than me....

jackofblades
04-25-2012, 11:44 PM
If you see a hunter cage in a Gentek base open that more then often that hunter has a upgrade

goobermaster
04-25-2012, 11:48 PM
If you see a hunter cage in a Gentek base open that more then often that hunter has a upgrade

I see. I will try this. Anyone else have some tips? :D

BlackDragon
04-26-2012, 01:02 AM
I got all of mine just by keeping an eye out while thrawling through the Red Zone for collectibles and such... if you're still short and it's all you're missing, though, maybe you should just go on with New Game+ - you pretty much need another 0.3-0.5 run-through to finish leveling up, and you'll probably find whatever edibles you're missing before then.

Marriott
04-26-2012, 01:10 AM
I got all of mine just by keeping an eye out while thrawling through the Red Zone for collectibles and such... if you're still short and it's all you're missing, though, maybe you should just go on with New Game+ - you pretty much need another 0.3-0.5 run-through to finish leveling up, and you'll probably find whatever edibles you're missing before then.

Do consumables carry over to NG+? Let's say I got 35/46 on my first playthrough, can I get the remaining in NG+?

zell1982
04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
i have just been running thru each zone finding ones that I have missed

JuSt BLaZe
04-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Do consumables carry over to NG+? Let's say I got 35/46 on my first playthrough, can I get the remaining in NG+?

Yes they do carry over, so don't worry about it!

goobermaster
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Running around the city just looking doesnt help you find them all. Some of them are only found on missions, and some of them are only found in lairs and such. It pissed me off because I only need 2 more to finish it and during a mission one of the enemies had a consume and I died, when it reloaded, he didnt have it anymore. I just need 2 more bio-bomb upgrades and Im done and they are next to impossible to get.

I know what you mean - contrary to everyone else saying that you can get them just running around, I have not seen a single upgrade outside of missions and I wish there was knowledge of which missions spawned which guys and so on. It is supremely frustrating.

Bahroo3
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I know what you mean - contrary to everyone else saying that you can get them just running around, I have not seen a single upgrade outside of missions and I wish there was knowledge of which missions spawned which guys and so on. It is supremely frustrating.

I was also having this problem finding my last armor upgrade and just decided to do another NG+ and found him at a random base while the during the tutorial.

Lycan Nox
04-26-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't no if this will work for everyone, but before I went on to my NG+ i was missing 4 consumables 2 Pack leader, 1 blade and an armor upgrade. So after I finished the game, I just took a air bridge to yellow zone and bang, my last armor upgrade at one base and 1 pack leader upgrade (on a brawler in a box), so i kept looking around yellow zone but got a fat lot of nothing. So then i air bridge back to red, couldn't find anything then but back to yellow, same base with a brawler in a box. Consumed him and bang got my last blade upgrade. Repeat this one more time and got my last pack leader upgrade.

JuSt BLaZe
04-26-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't no if this will work for everyone, but before I went on to my NG+ i was missing 4 consumables 2 Pack leader, 1 blade and an armor upgrade. So after I finished the game, I just took a air bridge to yellow zone and bang, my last armor upgrade at one base and 1 pack leader upgrade (on a brawler in a box), so i kept looking around yellow zone but got a fat lot of nothing. So then i air bridge back to red, couldn't find anything then but back to yellow, same base with a brawler in a box. Consumed him and bang got my last blade upgrade. Repeat this one more time and got my last pack leader upgrade.

Huh interesting. Will try this out. Thanks. ;)

sjmleicester
04-27-2012, 12:29 AM
On New Game+ you seem to get an upgrade everything you release one of those brawlers from their containers. It is giving me upgrades with Whipfist straight away when I didn't get access to that until the end of the first playthrough.

MattMoses
04-27-2012, 04:03 AM
I finished the game on my first playthrough needing 3 more consumes, two Whipfists and a Bio-Bomb. After I did the first Blackwatch mission again on my second playthrough, there is a container next to the building you exit which contains a Brawler Hunter. I killed it and got a Whipfist upgrade. I did the next Blackwatch mission then I returned to this same place, and the icon for consume upgrade appeared again in the same place and got the Bio-Bomb. Did the third Blackwatch mission, returned and thankfully the same again, consumed it for my final Whipfist and got the 42 consumes achievement.

I have no idea if this location will work for anyone else, but might be worth a try.

Fatalfox
04-28-2012, 08:04 AM
thank god they carry over :)

Delta438
04-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Only on my first playthrough and all I have left are 2 final Whipfist upgrades. Hope I can get them by the end.

Taiyz
04-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Just noting that that icon shows through the cage; you don't have to open it to find out.

fuelstaind
04-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I was missing 1 Whipfist upgrade at the end of my first playthrough. I got it from a random brawler in the Red Zone just running around after the story. So it is possible to find them after you defeat Mercer.

waxc3
05-01-2012, 12:02 AM
There's often an upgrade in each lair as well.

waxc3
05-01-2012, 12:42 AM

Anyone know where this base is in yellow? I'm sick of hunting for arm guys (lol arm guys)

Suki
05-01-2012, 06:35 PM
ok this seems irrelevat because if u want the 1000 it will take u onto the green island zone on your second playthu on NG+ to get to lvl 23 and max out Heller, and while replaying all main missions there are plenty of arm upgrades all over the place so u will get this easily here, no point in grinding it out after u finish the game just go to NG+ and crack on with lvl 23.

AW Fubucious
05-02-2012, 10:43 PM
You dont have to play another playthrough to get the achievement the cage in the yellow zone the one next to the heli pad and its another red spot on the map next to it in the yellow zone respawns. The area in the red zone where the heli pad in the middle of the map. It's right in front of it on the left side they respawn down there also. Not a cage but the ememies respawn. In the green zone the top left red spot the cage there also respawn. i need 8 and havnt done all of the story and they kept respawning so i kept getting them and got the achievement. A few more places also respawn from flying from 1 zone til another. But they are harder to explain where. Hope this help others

LotusQ
10-16-2012, 12:21 PM
I think this is what you guys are looking for.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/723200/prototype-2-upgrade-locations-guide-finding-all-powers-abilities-and-skills-with-ease/