PDA

View Full Version : VERY easy compared to Trials HD

gmurda33
04-26-2012, 12:27 AM
This game was a cake walk for me pretty much. I only have the scenic route achievement left, and it seems easy enough, as I already have all the tracks done with no faults, I just have to do them in one run now. I thought maybe I had gotten better at trials somehow, so I went back and played trials HD, as I only have one extreme track done. I tried every other one and couldnt pass them. FML.

II KaotiK
04-26-2012, 12:42 AM
This is something a lot of reviews have addressed. The game is easier in general, and much more twitchier, too.

gmurda33
04-26-2012, 12:48 AM
This is something a lot of reviews have addressed. The game is easier in general, and much more twitchier, too.

well hopefully they dont decide to make the DLC a bitch

DFizzle720
04-26-2012, 03:18 AM
well hopefully they dont decide to make the DLC a bitch
With as much as I've seen about how much easier Evo is I wouldn't be at all surprised if RL brings the pain in the DLC.

Red Testament
04-26-2012, 04:43 AM
Well, I'm glad it's easy for you guys, lol.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-26-2012, 05:54 AM
Well, of course it seems easier since Trials HD has been out for roughly 3 years, and I'm sure the majority of us have played the hell out of it. Having the general idea on what to really helps out.

But, then again, you could be right and it is easier.

Evo Kazz
04-26-2012, 08:16 AM
RL already patched HD to make it easier, and even then it was damn hard, I think they are now appearing towards a broader audience which is a good thing, there are still hard tracks there for the elites, but achievement wise they have it locked down nicely I think.

Genesis x360a
04-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Of course its going to be easier for those who have played and completed HD. The games engine, gameplay & controls havn't changed. Its the same game with slightly better environments and different tracks. For players who havn't played HD there is still going be a huge learning curve.

TransonicPower
04-26-2012, 09:09 AM
I would say that all the beginner-hard track were pretty easy, I don't have all gold on hard but they won't be too hard when I start to practise them more. Extreme tracks on the other hand... I have passed em all expect Inferno 3 and that is just ridiculous. I can't get past the second checkpoint lol

IVIR BLOBBY
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Difficulty doesn't really matter, its beati8ng your friends times & trying to beat your own time that has you coming back again & again

Xer0 Ph0kus
04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Difficulty doesn't really matter, its beati8ng your friends times & trying to beat your own time that has you coming back again & again

This right here.

On top of that I really like what RL did with this game. Sure it's pretty easy to complete every track and probably get most of the achievements, but now go platinum "Wrecked" and tell me how easy it is. They made it easy enough that almost everyone will get to see almost all the courses, but hard enough that mastering those skills will take a long time.

ChickinOnaChain
04-27-2012, 02:02 PM
I STILL can't get passed the stone hand in the demo. The other day I tried 20+ times and quit. Other than that, I think the game is a lot of fun...like the jumps in the coaster course!

i got squeezed
04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I didn't buy HD, but I did buy his game and I love it. Extreme Tracks are easy for me after I went through them a couple times and I do agree that they might go hardcore on us in the DLC.

eXoTiC Zebes0
04-27-2012, 07:28 PM
i still can't get passed the stone hand in the demo. The other day i tried 20+ times and quit. Other than that, i think the game is a lot of fun...like the jumps in the coaster course!

hahahahaha :)

SonsOfDisaster
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
I STILL can't get passed the stone hand in the demo. The other day I tried 20+ times and quit. Other than that, I think the game is a lot of fun...like the jumps in the coaster course!
Just lean forward while your going up the ramp leading to the hand, you should land right in the center of it, then you can keep going, it beats the hand everytime haha.

JAYSTAMX
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Achievements wise it is, because Inferno 3 kicked my ass for a good 20 minutes before i completed it! As stated above though its the competitive side of Trials that is very addictive, which is why multiplayer was such a brilliant addition to the game.

ElektroDragon
04-29-2012, 12:26 AM
RL already patched HD to make it easier, and even then it was damn hard, I think they are now appearing towards a broader audience which is a good thing, there are still hard tracks there for the elites, but achievement wise they have it locked down nicely I think.

Thank god for that... I got stuck on HD and never finished it. Wouldn't have bought this if they didn't make it easier.

HDresden
04-29-2012, 03:31 AM
I think it may be a bit easier for some tracks, but at the same time some of the environment destruction and interaction can really throw you off on a perfect run.

one reason why I think it may be easier is the license tests, which give you a handle of what to expect in the next tracks. I haven't played HD in a while, but if I remember correctly by the time the extreme tracks had come along, there game gave you no help at all on how to pull off some of the tricky parts or different methods like feathering and more in depth balance shifting. I remember having to look on youtube and study some videos a few times on how to pull of some parts for the extreme tracks.

Flugruger
04-29-2012, 08:51 AM
OP it's interesting that you still can't do the extreme tracks on HD because I think discounting all the experience I got on HD some of them are probably just as difficult. Inferno 3 is every bit as hard as 2 IMO and The Wreck has that box of death that gets a good few faults out of me every time. First three Extreme ones on Evolution were easy as hell though, wouldn't have been out of place in the Hard section tbh.

The achievements are a hell of a lot easier for sure though. Unyielding II is the only one that is harder than its similar Trials HD counterpart, Scenic Route is totally laughable compared to Marathon. Had some minor bother with Burned to a Crisp but that only took me about 20 tries, nothing I couldn't handle after playing HD.

judd90
04-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Yeah I agree its easier, still a fun game tho. Hopefully DLC is a bit more challenging.

One Winged Joker
04-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I find it easier too, but I still have some despair moments playing it. Very funny, though. :)

WalterWhite
04-29-2012, 01:13 PM

That's so funny because I played the demo twice and the first time I breezed through that map. I didn't even notice it was a hand when I played it again last night, my girlfriend pointed it out and I died on it about ten times. I loved the first game and really want this. I've stopped buying most arcade games new because they're always half off within a few months but man I think I'm gonna give in and get this today. This is precisely what arcade games should be. The addictive fun of the Trials series give me fuzzy feelings like the Pro Skater series once did.

SethDedun
04-30-2012, 07:04 PM
This game was a cake walk for me pretty much. I only have the scenic route achievement left, and it seems easy enough, as I already have all the tracks done with no faults, I just have to do them in one run now. I thought maybe I had gotten better at trials somehow, so I went back and played trials HD, as I only have one extreme track done. I tried every other one and couldnt pass them. FML.
Agreed, though I haven't gone back and tried HD to compare and see yet. I think they had to tone it down a bit from the first one b/c some of the were just ridiculous!! Though I completed all my tracks it became frustrating to see some players breeze through the Extreme ones in HD!!!! I'm currently working the platinum Medals (bought the game Saturday and have 6 now)

Toams07
04-30-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm currently working the platinum Medals (bought the game Saturday and have 6 now)

Nice going, I'm after the platinums as well. Finished all Beginner tracks platinum and now have 10 of them. Gonna start on the Easy tracks soon

ChickinOnaChain
05-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I said I wasn't going to get it until it went on sale but I caved last night and got it. While I know I won't get to far into it, it is fun. And a lot better than Trials HD.

andami
05-02-2012, 10:40 PM
This game was much too easy. I already have everything Gold (Tracks, Tourneys, and Skill Games included), and I also have a Plat on every difficulty except Extreme. Maybe 20+ Plats total. I was nowhere near that on Trials HD.

@Guy above me, you made the right decision ;)

EliteShadowMan
05-02-2012, 10:50 PM
I said I wasn't going to get it until it went on sale but I caved last night and got it. While I know I won't get to far into it, it is fun. And a lot better than Trials HD.

Thats an understatement! This game makes it seem like HD was never around. I think evolution is better in every way.

I can vouch that its easier, since i only had a problem on Dark City Run.

ShaDoWL1nK
05-03-2012, 06:30 AM

EXACTLY!! This is (IMO) one of those games that you luv to hate.......or is it hate to luv?? idk but when I get frustrated and turn it off, by the end of the day I'm right back on it. best 1200 points I've ever spent!!http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Toams07
05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Woohoo
I got the Gold medal on every track in the game, exhept for Dark City Run and Inferno 3 .. which i have Bronze ..
Have to go through both of them multiple times again if I want 100% completion in Career

ChickinOnaChain
05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
After playing the demo a half a dozen times, I felt like I'd get it before it went on sale.

As for it being "easy"...if bronze medals were gold...if "faults" were badges of honor...if the slowest times among your friends were really 1st place...then yes.

Iam918
05-03-2012, 03:19 PM
As for it being "easy"...if bronze medals were gold...if "faults" were badges of honor...if the slowest times among your friends were really 1st place...then yes.

:whs

LoL. I've got full gold on the beginner & easy tracks, mix of gold & silver w/ 1 bronze on the medium tracks and bronze/silver w/ just a few gold on the hards. I've made it past 2 of the extreme tracks, #1 and #3, with a bronze and hundreds of faults and it's going to be a long while before I get past the rest.

I never played Trials HD though.

Toams07
05-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Woohoo
I got the Gold medal on every track in the game, exhept for Dark City Run and Inferno 3 .. which i have Bronze ..
Have to go through both of them multiple times again if I want 100% completion in Career

Just got Silver on Inferno 3 and Gold on Dark City Run
I am now 1 Gold medal away from having all Events 100%, and I strongly doubt I'm capable of getting Gold on Inferno 3

ll X ll
05-04-2012, 08:40 PM
I never played trails HD, but bought this because of how much diverse is so, i jumped in. Needless to say, i found it enjoyable and anything that happens is because of you not getting used to the physics and controls of the game, in my opinion.

I 100% all beginner, easy and medium tracks. I don't know if that's good enough to make me as an experienced player. However, i am enjoying it alot. I also think they hit a good note with the level not being too long or too short, just right (Especially if you're going for no faults in the level)

BosmaniaK
05-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I had hoped Evolution was easier than the 1st.
the Extreme tracks were just undoable for me, and that just frustrates the hell out of me
I don't care how many times I have to restart and/or swear but I have to be able to get it eventually, and that just wasn't the case

thenutman69321
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm surprised so many people think Evolution is much easier than HD. I just finished getting gold on every level and platinum on over 20 levels in Evolution and am now playing Trials HD for the first time ever. Almost done with the hard levels and I think HD is so much easier than Evolution.

My theory is that whatever game you play second you are gonna find much much easier because you got so much better playing the first game.

Took me over 50 hours of play time to gold everything in Evolution. I've been playing HD for maybe 4 hours and have gotten gold on the first or second try every time all the way through the hard levels.

Edit: Just finished the extreme as well. Did every single one first try (obviously not gold first try). Felt like childs play compared to my experience with Evolution, failed 5 out the 7 at least once while playing through that one.

i fist brown i
05-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Of course its going to be easier for those who have played and completed HD. The games engine, gameplay & controls havn't changed. Its the same game with slightly better environments and different tracks. For players who havn't played HD there is still going be a huge learning curve.

I was absolutely thinking the same thing! I have NEVER played trials HD and bought evolution after bloodforge turned out to be a failure. This game was extremely hard, i would get stuck on medium tracks for about 20 minutes and some even longer (i play to gold them, only way to be). I'll admit that some of them even took me hours (especially the one with the water jets that shoot u up in the air) But now that i am up to the Harder tracks i am getting so much better at the game, the tracks are only taking a few tries to get down without faults (i know u can get gold with like 2 faults, but i still go for 0).

anyways, i bet after i finish this game (if i decide to get trials HD) i would be able to go through their tracks and claim them to be easy also.

The achievements for this game though... way too hard for me right now, lol.

bigskinner
05-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I had hoped Evolution was easier than the 1st.
the Extreme tracks were just undoable for me, and that just frustrates the hell out of me
I don't care how many times I have to restart and/or swear but I have to be able to get it eventually, and that just wasn't the case

i have to admit that i loved trials HD it is a game were you either love it or hate it, i havent fully completed as of yet but i still had to get trials evo. just finishing off the hard tracks now.

it is easier and there are still plenty of hours left to bang out the golds, and of course the cheevos!!

when is the dlc being released ??

HugTheBear
06-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Gotta agree with Trials HD being much harder. I just bought the Limbo/Trials HD/Splosion Man bundle at Gamestop. Got to the Hard Tracks. My God, Trials HD is effffing HARDDD compared to Evolution. Still fun/awesome though.

Nevander
06-20-2012, 07:43 AM
This game is kicking my ass.

I've only done 2 extreme tracks and most of my medium/hard tracks are bronze/silver. I could barely do those extreme tracks, ending up with 100+ faults.

I don't understand how some people can do this shit with no trouble at all. My god...

EliteShadowMan
06-23-2012, 09:04 PM
This game is kicking my ass.

I've only done 2 extreme tracks and most of my medium/hard tracks are bronze/silver. I could barely do those extreme tracks, ending up with 100+ faults.

I don't understand how some people can do this shit with no trouble at all. My god...

Practice makes perfect. You'll get better the more you play.

Miccro
06-24-2012, 03:14 PM
yeah I definitly found this game easier (passing all the extreme tracks on the first try was a big give away) but like a few people have said it could be down to the fact that we have practised on HD for so long, one thing I think makes the game harder is that they seem to have made the riders body more sensitive to the surroundings, even the slightest scrape on the helmet can cause you to fault, on HD you could almost completely lie on you back before faulting

Nevander
07-04-2012, 02:45 AM
I just got my 400:gsicon: in this game, after hours and playing and practice. Flawless Victory wasn't as bad as I thought but the Extreme tracks take the cake. Completing Inferno 3 was the last thing for my 400. I've never played Trials HD, so this was exceedingly difficult for me to finish, but I've done it! :p

The Produca
07-19-2012, 07:24 PM
I've never played a trial game so this is hard enough for me.

Skilled
07-21-2012, 07:43 AM
The first time I played the hard tracks on Evo, I found them really easy and smashed them, but I still find the game overall hard. I have gone back to Trails HD to check it out and I have learned new skills which helped me.

EagleRico
08-05-2012, 03:51 AM
If you have a friend that's better than you use private multiplayer so they can help you it won't count on leaderboards but it may help you get better at the game

l Zleek l
08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
I agree. I played Evo after HD and Evo was much easier for me to learn and play. Honestly if I hadn't honed my skills in Evo first I might not even be very good at HD. but to put in perspective, I have 73 Platinums in Evo and only like 4 or 5 in HD. Achievement wise this game is a bit easier as well in some areas like the tracks and such.

Nevander
08-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Not too long ago I purchased HD and gave it a go. I got ALL the achievements except for DLC and Marathon in less than a day, all thanks to my practice in Evo.

I'll probably get the DLC at some point and leave all but the Donkey Challenge and Marathon, since those two are quite hard. I've tried Marathon but failed at the 8th or so track I think, from something stupid though.

thisispreston
09-21-2012, 02:34 AM
the Extreme tracks take the cake. Completing Inferno 3 was the last thing for my 400.

deffo the hardest cheev.
Inferno 3 is the only extreme one i can't do. it's absolutely ridiculous, it's driving me fucking insane!