PDA

View Full Version : Track Central / Rating system for customs

LaserPanther
04-26-2012, 10:08 AM
What do you think of the Track Central and it's rating system?

Actually I think it's good, that you have to finish a track to rate it, because that way you can prevent that newbies give hard tracks a bad rating. On the other hand it's pretty stupid, because you have to finish tracks, which are super boring and/or without checkpoints, or impossible to play for any kind of reason, too. I think that's why there are so many lame tracks out there with a 5 star rating. Plus these tracks are found in the "Highest rated this week" section, although they only have like one rating.

Also, does anyone know if you have to keep a track to make your rating count? Because when I delete tracks, the text saying "Your rating: xxx" is also gone. This would make no sense to me, because why the heck should I keep a bad track?

Another thing is that it seems like there can only be a particular number tracks in the download lists, meaning new tracks push out old ones.

Maka
04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
The only thing I dont like is when you sort by Rating, it will show you the tracks that have 1 5-star rating first instead of the track with 500 5-star ratings, and 1 4-star rating.

It counts 1 5-star rating as "100%" and it always comes first.