PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Games to Teach Kids Learning English?>

Kiraaso
04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Does anyone have any ideas of Kinect games I can use to teach kids learning English? My Korean elementary students are learning English as a foreign language, so nothing too tough!

Kinect Adventures, obstacle course mini-game was the only game I've tried so far. Two students went head to head, while their teammates would shout commands such as Duck, jump, p,sh it, pull it, dodge left, and dodge right. The team who spoke the best won. Korean kids love technology, so it was a hit!

I've only played Kinect Adventures, Dance Central 2, and Kinectimals, so I'd love to hear everyone's ideas!

HugTheBear
04-26-2012, 12:47 PM
How old are they? Here's a few that could range through early to late elementary- Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, Carnival Games, Game Party In Motion, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, Adventure Camp, and maybe Twister Mania..... Not sure about any of those really, you might have to look into the exact interactions. Just trying to give you some ideas.

Kiraaso
04-27-2012, 12:30 AM
How old are they? Here's a few that could range through early to late elementary- Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, Carnival Games, Game Party In Motion, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, Adventure Camp, and maybe Twister Mania..... Not sure about any of those really, you might have to look into the exact interactions. Just trying to give you some ideas.

Thanks for the game ideas! I'll have to do some research on them. Gotta start downloading some demos!

The students are 3rd to 6th grade, about 10 to 13 years old.

AmbaLaBamba
04-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster is a good suggestion thanks to the other user, I've played that and the characters speak rather slowly and precisely :) I haven't played many other Kinect games aside from the usuals and I mainly play fitness games.

Kiraaso
04-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster is a good suggestion thanks to the other user, I've played that and the characters speak rather slowly and precisely :) I haven't played many other Kinect games aside from the usuals and I mainly play fitness games.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll try out the Once Upon a Monster demo this weekend. Korean kids, although they've never seen the show, love the Sesame Street characters and will probably like their voices.

Foxxy kyle
04-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked

Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do

Cabela's Adventure Camp

Fantastic Pets

Just Dance Kids 2

Kinect Disneyland Adventures (This one will be fantastic for them)

Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure

Kinectimals

Let's Cheer! (For the Girls)

Nickelodeon Dance (May be to young for 10-13)

Nicktoons MLB

Puss in Boots

Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking

Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster

SpongeBob Surf & Skate Roadtrip

The Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole Returns Again

Victorious: Time to Shine

Wipeout

AmbaLaBamba
04-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll try out the Once Upon a Monster demo this weekend. Korean kids, although they've never seen the show, love the Sesame Street characters and will probably like their voices.

I'm pretty sure that it will be easy to pick up most of the words and it's a rather enjoyable game if I say so myself, made me giggle in parts and I'm almost 20! :p