PDA

View Full Version : make sure you max out REGENERATION first!!!

eiVaL
04-27-2012, 07:40 AM
i wasted 2 upgrades on Shapeshifting thinking that since im playing on Easy, more health wouldnt be nessisary....

well horrible controls and a slow camera during the big fights make it a pain in the ass to try to focus on blocking and evading when 3-4 guys are all locking on and even lock on when ur in the middle of holding X or Y to do another move and their rockets still hurt you and disable the move you were charging up to do:mad:

oh and speaking of controls, good luck trying to focus on grabbing and pressing Y(whatever its called in the game that fills ur life) when all thats going on, plus you're being yelled at to hurry up before X-does this/that/happens, also they greatly developed the game so you can try not to kill something too fast and press B to do some animated death move for extra XP or whatever or just accidentially kill them with normal X bashing and lose out...and actually fail missions if you're suppose to press Y to take their shape...yup so much fun

so do yourself a favor and use the first 4 Evolution upgrades on Regen, then do whatever u want with the others...

THANKFULLY they actually have a mutator in the Predator section that fills up your Mass bar for doing the supermove by just doing normal melee which takes away ever needing to worry about grabbing guys during big ass battles, since now your health will auto regen during battles AND you can fill up the Mass bar by just button mashing, so make sure you purchase that one once it unlocks too

/rant

\saving time and frustration:drunk

sjmleicester
04-27-2012, 06:44 PM
I played through on hard first time and did Health First, plus some Movement and Regeneration. Seems to work out ok in the end.

I would be careful upgrading the Stealth too early as you need the Strike Team to come in for that achievement. The Strike, You're Out. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/prototype-2/achievement/64931-Strike--You-re-Out-.html) achievement is also much easier to do once you've upgraded your helicopter skills fully.

Vindicator51
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Filling up your Mass Bar is much faster by grabbing still. Regeneration is pretty useless unless you're out of combat, because It's barely noticeable when fighting someone important.

Spending your points in Movement and Health is better to start off with. I honestly didn't have any trouble with the controls.

waxc3
04-27-2012, 08:45 PM
No thanks.

Bahroo3
04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Regeneration is more to just reduce the downtime between fights as even with maxed out regen it won't even come close to making a difference against anything that can deal significant damage.

Edit: You should max out Mass as soon as you can as Level 3 Devastator can nearly 1-shot anything and 4 Brawlers will make short work of even the largest of armies.