PDA

View Full Version : Platinum run Gigatrack

LaserPanther
04-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Requirements: 0 faults, 7 minutes

This is driving me nuts!! That track is actually quite easy, but I always fail on a different obstacle, mostly after being halfway through already! This is pure torture. Evil evil torture! Well, I hope I don't end up like those poor guys on the leaderboards, with 0 faults and 7:00,321 minutes...

This is totally BONKERS!!! Niaaahahahhahhahaha!!! :Bounce:

Dr4gOnsFuRy
04-28-2012, 09:09 PM
I think 7 minutes is doable, I have finished it in around 7m30s before going at a slowish pace. This is probably the only track I need to 0 fault (not counting extremes), I always seem to make one really stupid mistake that I wouldn't normally make, I've only attempted it 4 or 5 times but I'm sure I'll manage it, will give it a go now actually.

Ho5tiLe D
04-29-2012, 12:06 AM
I got gold. 3 faults. I'm happy with that at the moment. I would like a 0 fault run though. My run was 7min 54 sec. I would like to improve that by quite a bit but its good enough for gold!

A ZombieTwinkie
04-29-2012, 04:30 AM
I think 7 minutes is doable, I have finished it in around 7m30s before going at a slowish pace. This is probably the only track I need to 0 fault (not counting extremes), I always seem to make one really stupid mistake that I wouldn't normally make, I've only attempted it 4 or 5 times but I'm sure I'll manage it, will give it a go now actually.

Yea, it is possible. My best run is 7 minutes and 4 seconds with two faults. Every time I play, I end up faulting in completely different spots.

CKK Salvation
04-29-2012, 07:44 AM
There aren't any difficult obstacles, it's just SO long it's easy to lose for me to lose focus and mess up on a part I should have no business faulting on.

Flugruger
04-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Yeah, Gigatrack gets me every time in different places as others say. I find it impossible to maintain my concentration levels for the full track which is probably pretty pathetic in fairness, and end up faulting in some retarded bit that I never normally make a mistake on. Not sure what my time was but best I've done is with one fault.

Regimitz
04-29-2012, 09:39 PM
I still haven't beaten the Giga Track, after I accidentally hit the back button near the end, I think. Had my younger cousin play the game with me and I didn't want to bore him and he didn't want to try himself, so I went on to do something else with him. But I will definitely try it, since the whole premise of the track and the pleasingly low difficulty makes it one of my favorites. Will post my record, once I try again :)

LaserPanther
04-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Woohoo! Just got platinum! 6:50 and 0 faults! Finally!! :D

VladimirK
04-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Nice job, for me the best I've done so far is about 7m25s and 0 faults.

The biggest trouble I always have is the camera when it's deceptively or awkwardly angled, for example near to the start once you get past the police cars and there's the big dirt humps, the camera always makes me think they're smaller than they really are or later once you jump the river a lot of that makes me feel like I can't quite see where I'm going.

LaserPanther
04-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Nice job, for me the best I've done so far is about 7m25s and 0 faults.

The biggest trouble I always have is the camera when it's deceptively or awkwardly angled, for example near to the start once you get past the police cars and there's the big dirt humps, the camera always makes me think they're smaller than they really are or later once you jump the river a lot of that makes me feel like I can't quite see where I'm going.
That's true. The camera makes things unnecessarily difficult. Mostly when it's too high during a jump, so you can't see when you excactly hit the ground. And when you drive through a curve and you're not able to see the upcoming obstacles.

Vimes X
05-01-2012, 08:20 AM
So far my best time is 7mins 19 sec's with 1 fault (and it's still in the top 10k :woop:)

I know I can beat my time, I have done a few runs and at some points in the track I am a full 20 secs ahead of myself!! then, like others have mentioned, I make a damn stupid mistake on easy obstacle's (usually the high jump bars or around 5 mins into the track) and because the checkpoints are so far apart, by the time I've got past wherever I faulted, my other self has already passed me, so I either restart, or quit in disgust at myself and punish the driver on one of the skill games! lol!