PDA

View Full Version : Talons? ...

GSTAR321
04-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Is it just me or is the targeting system with the talons off?

Example: Crawling guy lying 1 metre from you ... press X ... Ryu attempts to hit rocket soldier 50 metres away instead ...

It renders the talons virtually unplayable on the higher difficulties.

Foxhound300
04-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Well there's your problem. If there is an enemy that you can OT, you should press Y instead because it has almost 100% success rate, which I imagine is a homage to Ninja Gaiden 2.

But yeah, I hate the Talons. They are so horribly weak, they have terrible range, and the stupid game doesn't have boss health bars so I have no way to tell how much damage I'm doing to them, and if it's meaningful at all.

Shigurui
04-30-2012, 02:12 AM
Hmmm .. I wouldn't say they're weak, quite the opposite in fact. Using them a lot in my MN run as they can Insta-Kill very efficiently. Wind Run >YY IK's orange dagger and beret dudes 99% of the time and Wind Run >Slide Stun Y >YXXXY destroys Alchemists.

Also they have Heavenly Justice properties, much like NG2's Tonfa. XX>LT (or A) gives tons of i-frames and sweeps enemies off their feet, great for making breathing space in a crowd, didn't think much of them at first but I've grown to like them a lot. :)

OmegaFlip
04-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Hmmm .. I wouldn't say they're weak, quite the opposite in fact. Using them a lot in my MN run as they can Insta-Kill very efficiently. Wind Run >YY IK's orange dagger and beret dudes 99% of the time and Wind Run >Slide Stun Y >YXXXY destroys Alchemists.

Also they have Heavenly Justice properties, much like NG2's Tonfa. XX>LT (or A) gives tons of i-frames and sweeps enemies off their feet, great for making breathing space in a crowd, didn't think much of them at first but I've grown to like them a lot. :)

x2

very effective in UN2 and fighting the regent mask.

i may add if you see an alchemist crouch down/charging run Y(flying kick), Y(drill claw to launch him in the air), XY for the drop.

but i agree with the OP, even pressing Y to OT is not 100% accurate for me

Shadow MC
05-01-2012, 10:46 AM
I have had the targeting problem as well, though like the others have said there are some trials where the talons do come into their own.

One other I do have against the talons though is when I'm using them in clan battles and try to do a UT, about 80% of the time I miss and for some reason go into a slow-motion swipe. Is there something I'm missing or is the UT for the talons in clan battles just completely useless?

Foxhound300
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
It happens to me all the time with all of the weapons except the Scythe, in both clan battle and trials. I'd say the problem is just that we aren't holding the button long enough? Idk.