PDA

View Full Version : How am i doing for my 10* run? stats inside.

bulmu
04-29-2012, 04:05 PM
hey guys, I'm at the first save at the hospital right after opening the trick or treat box and am wondering if my stats are good enough to carry on with to get 10 stars.

here's my stats:

time:
55 mins 29 secs

kills:
melee 65
shooting 4

damage:
red nurse pipe thrust-1
red nurse pipe swing-2
white nurse pipe swing-6
spitters-2
cockroaches-3
crawler-1

I'm mainly worried about my damage and time to rack up the shooting kills. So how am i doing? thanks in advance for any input :)

8BitSoul
04-29-2012, 07:06 PM
hey guys, I'm at the first save at the hospital right after opening the trick or treat box and am wondering if my stats are good enough to carry on with to get 10 stars.

here's my stats:

time:
55 mins 29 secs

kills:
melee 65
shooting 4

damage:
red nurse pipe thrust-1
red nurse pipe swing-2
white nurse pipe swing-6
spitters-2
cockroaches-3
crawler-1

I'm mainly worried about my damage and time to rack up the shooting kills. So how am i doing? thanks in advance for any input :)

As far as time goes, you're doing great! You seem to have taken some damage though (not too much, but a decent amount). Since you have done so great in the time department, I suggest taking things a bit slow from thereon to avoid more unnecessary damage, as you might take a few hits from the two remaining bosses (especially Eddie, unless you can glitch him into the corner in the meat locker).

It looks like you've been busy racking up a massive amount of melee kills by this point :P I only had 4 kills by shooting at that point myself, and got most of the rest on my way to the Historical society. Like I said, you have plenty of time, so you should make a few detours up different streets to look for Nurses to shoot. You might also want to save a few of the melee kills for the Prison and Labyrinth, as the Lying Figures can be really tough to fight in those narrow hallways with the terrible camera angles. Its sometimes easier to just fire a couple of handgun bullets at them, then stomp them before they have a chance to get up or start crawling. On the other hand, the Shotgun knocks them on their back, so that they can't crawl. It might be a little late to experiment between the two tactics, but use the one you feel most comfortable with.

Bottom line: you should have no problem getting the remaining number of kills! Your only concern should be to take as little damage as possible between the Hospital and the Abstract Daddy boss fight. You might also want to save before Abstract Daddy (or Eddie, if you are confident in your skills against Abstract Daddy). Just make sure you don't save over the save you have from the Hospital, so that you can always go back and play from there if you take too much damage.

You can compare your damage to my stats. I felt like I took a pretty high amount of damage, but only ended up with 241...

Lying Figure (spray) - 3
Lying Figure (crawling attack) - 1
Hits by Nurse (swipe) - 2
Pyramid Head hit through hospital roof (not sure if this one counts towards your total damage)
Strangled by Flesh Lips - 2
Hit from Mannequin - 2
Cockroaches - 3 (got really unlucky with the door code in the room that goes dark)
Eddie (bullet) - 1
Eddie (punch) - 4
Doorman (grappled / facesuck) - 1

On my playthrough before this, I took roughly twice as many hits, and ended up with 422 damage.

bulmu
04-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the reply! I was doing pretty well until the hospital, then I got gangbanged by a group of 3 nurses >_< luckily I managed to do the boss fight without getting hit.

I think I'll continue from my save now that I know I've got plenty of time :-D I plan on grinding the shooting kills on the streets before going to the prison, I'm gonna save before the abstract daddy fight simply because of the damage he's able to do.

How many hits do you think I can take, if any, between where I am now and the save before abstract daddy? Thanks again for the help :-)

8BitSoul
04-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the reply! I was doing pretty well until the hospital, then I got gangbanged by a group of 3 nurses >_< luckily I managed to do the boss fight without getting hit.

No problem:) I had the same problem with the Nurses in the Hospital. They can be really agressive, and those tight corridors and messed up camera angles makes it even harder to see what's coming around the corner! The most annoying hits I took, were from Nurses that came back from the dead. Upon exiting a room, I could hear the radio static, and before the screen had time to "fade" in from black, I took a hit. It happened twice or so.

How many hits do you think I can take, if any, between where I am now and the save before abstract daddy? Thanks again for the help :-)

Judging from a quick calculation using the stats from the Hard Enemy Point Damage Experiment (for 10 star) thread, your current amount of damage taken is around 192.70, give or take a few points. In other words, you shouldn't have any trouble getting through the rest of the game without exceeding the 500 limit! It should be noted that these numbers might not be 100% accurate though! It's based on another members experiment, and he judged the damage ratio on how many hits it took him to die when having full health (assuming that full health is 100 points that is).

bulmu
04-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Thanks man, thats made me feel a lot better about continuing :woop:

. Now to go and kill loads of nurses on The streets of silent hill! Revenge shall be mine! :uzi:

bulmu
04-30-2012, 11:16 AM
ok i've made it to the second save point just before abstract daddy, i've taken care of both the shooting and melee requirements and took the following damage between the first and second save:

1 mannequin kick
1 spitter...spit?
5 bug bites (>_<)

so all together i've taken:

3 spitter spits
i red nurse pipe thrust
2 red nurse pipe swings
6 white nurse pipe swings
1 crawler hit
8 bug bites

do i stand a good chance of succeeding with a good run against abstract daddy and eddie?

thanks for the help dude! :drunk

bulmu
04-30-2012, 04:02 PM
well i did it! thanks for all the help dude! below is my end results: :woop:

Action level: hard
riddle level: extra
ending: dog
ending clear: 4/4 (+3)
saves: 2
total time: 2h 09m 34s
walking distance: 1.03km
running distance: 11.11km
items: 169 (+8)
defeated enemies by shooting: 75
defeated enemies by fighting: 86
boat stage time: 1m 04s 09
boat max speed: 3.71 m/s
total damage: 423 pts
your rank: 10*

8BitSoul
04-30-2012, 11:01 PM
well i did it! thanks for all the help dude! below is my end results: :woop:

Action level: hard
riddle level: extra
ending: dog
ending clear: 4/4 (+3)
saves: 2
total time: 2h 09m 34s
walking distance: 1.03km
running distance: 11.11km
items: 169 (+8)
defeated enemies by shooting: 75
defeated enemies by fighting: 86
boat stage time: 1m 04s 09
boat max speed: 3.71 m/s
total damage: 423 pts
your rank: 10*

Nice one, man! It seems that everyone is worried about their time when going through the game on hard, but most people end up with 50+ minutes to spare :)