PDA

View Full Version : Clan Battle...

a7x4lyf3
05-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Why is it so terrible? The most unresponsive gametype in a title that i have ever had the displeasure of trying, sure it's fun every now and then but my god it's as bad as you'd think versus would be for a hack and slash, I know this is a late post and all but I haven't had the time to get around to it. Every game is just bad for me, people can combo the shit out of me and I can barely get away, but when I'm comboing the person just breaks right out after the 3rd hit and non stop attack me afterwards, I always get ghost killed by enemies that I have in a combo already, and when an enemy is vulnerable to a steel on bone attack my character swings his weapon incredibly slow leaving me open for them to attack me at normal speed, I don't know if it's just me having these issues but they make clan battles unplayable for me...

MikeMannuh
05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
It is really susceptible to lag indeed. Ghost kills are horrible. There should have been some kind of rule where you had to have been in ghost form for 2-3 seconds before you could kill in it. This would have fixed it's exploitation through lag.

One other thing that bothers me is that the wait time to start the match is almost equal to the duration of the actual match itself. Why does there have to be a 2 minute countdown timer? I'm sure 1 minute would have been enough, or even 30 seconds.

a7x4lyf3
05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
It is really susceptible to lag indeed. One other thing that bothers me is that the wait time to start the match is almost equal to the duration of the actual match itself. Why does there have to be a 2 minute countdown timer? I'm sure 1 minute would have been enough, or even 30 seconds.That's another thing I don't understand, the match length is incredibly short, by the time it gets started it's already ending, and yes it does take forever to get the match started, I also don't understand why there is a countdown timer for ninja trials, what if someone is getting prepared for the toughest trial and needs more time? I don't understand why the timer needs to countdown with only 2 people if there is a ready option... Very dumb...

MikeMannuh
05-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah I've never understood these things. But then again, having been in alpha tests for a few games, I have to say I've seen some developers make ridiculously stupid arguments defending shitty ideas. Combine that with the fact that there are usually a great deal of friends and family in such tests and you can imagine the 'suck up' portion is quite high. The few people trying that actually play more than 1 or 2 games a year and are trying to bring the voice of reason are often overlooked.

Shadow MC
05-01-2012, 01:06 PM
I can identify with everything you stated about clan battles being terrible. You have no idea how often it has me cursing at the tv screen because of its ineptness and seemingly random combat situations. I always get ghost killed by people who I've already hit meaning they aren't in ghost mode anymore, people always combo the crap out of me without being able to retaliate and I've hit people with ninpo with them barely being hurt.

I would probably have to say it is one of the worst online aspects of a game I have ever experienced. I honestly don't think anyone can have fun playing clan battles unless they are up against people just starting out or people who are unfamiliar with the game.

a7x4lyf3
05-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Like for example in this match I just finished, I clearly izuna dropped the guy, I got the points, the kill, everything, the moment I slam him to the ground he friggin stood up and ghost killed me, I was like wait what?!??! I just izuna dropped you how the hell?!?!? Also happened to me after I falcon dived someone, I had the animation happen, his character was on my sword, I throw him to the ground what does he do? Gets up and ghost kills me, I just don't understand...

Shadow MC
05-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm with you on this, I just don't understand it either. Although, at least you didn't get an error message come up when you put the disc and then find all memory of your character, rank, weapon rank, trials and campaign progress has been completely wiped for no apparent reason :(

a7x4lyf3
05-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I've been hearing about that happening to a lot of people I know, I'm a little scared that i may be next so I'm really trying to get this game done, I don't have anyway to back up my save file incase something does happen, I am gonna be so angry if something does happen you have no idea... All I got left to do is masters 11-15 and ultimates 4 and 5 and I have 100% for this game. Well I still need to reach lvl 99 as well, not for an achievement just a personal accomplishment...

MikeMannuh
05-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Wow, I hadn't heard about that save game corruption. Better copy a save on to a USB.

GSTAR321
05-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Why is it so terrible? The most unresponsive gametype in a title that i have ever had the displeasure of trying, sure it's fun every now and then but my god it's as bad as you'd think versus would be for a hack and slash, I know this is a late post and all but I haven't had the time to get around to it. Every game is just bad for me, people can combo the shit out of me and I can barely get away, but when I'm comboing the person just breaks right out after the 3rd hit and non stop attack me afterwards, I always get ghost killed by enemies that I have in a combo already, and when an enemy is vulnerable to a steel on bone attack my character swings his weapon incredibly slow leaving me open for them to attack me at normal speed, I don't know if it's just me having these issues but they make clan battles unplayable for me...

Yep.

I remember once I did a falcon dive onto some guy below perfectly. I pressed 'Y' to initiate the kill, but for some reason I ended up being 'ghost killed' by him mid-air.

That did it for me.

Foxhound300
05-01-2012, 03:33 PM
My biggest complaint about the multiplayer is how overpowered the other weapons are (the claws have that freaking infinite combo) and how inconsistent all the moves are.

Do you know how hard it is to do an Izuna Drop consistently? How often the UT flops? It's absurd and quite frankly annoys the hell out of me. The only multiplayer this game should have had, if any, is the co-op. Not that it works particularly well either, what with your partners screwing over your combos, but at least it works on a functional level if not a practical one.

Metagion
05-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Personally I loved the inequality of the teams...I was in a match (and waiting for the 2 minute countdown to end) when I saw that it would be 4/8. I figure, OK, 2 v 2, not bad. (At least I'd have a partner). Uhhh, no. It turned out to be 3 on 1....the 1 being ME! :eek: So, I figure, may as well make the best of it, right? I KNOW most of you guys would've laughed....I was flailing around like I was having a fit, and thinking, "Welp, too bad, I'm going to get creamed," but I WON!:woop: And yeah, I think it sucks out loud that you could be just walking around when you get picked off out of nowhere, or worse, that you do a ninpo and you're NOWHERE IN THE AREA when you get hit! RRR! Cheap!:uzi: