PDA

View Full Version : Joystiq rates this game 1.5 out of 5 stars

Nusentinsaino
05-02-2012, 12:09 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/01/fable-heroes-review/

StolenPaper18
05-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Will be a shame if the review is true as it looked like the game had some potential.

iBuzz7S
05-02-2012, 12:27 AM
And for the unlucky few who can't resist and buy it anyway, I'd wager a nickel that you only ever play the game once.
I'll take 'IT' up on that.

Reviews are opinions and I couldn't care less about some writers views on what he/she/it thinks about the game or games in general.

Somebody obviously woke up expecting the most, which is what you should not do.

Nusentinsaino
05-02-2012, 12:29 AM
I'll take 'IT' up on that.

Reviews are opinions and I couldn't care less about some writers views on what he/she/it thinks about the game or games in general.

Somebody obviously woke up expecting the most, which is what you should not do.

Yes. I agree, reviews are entirely opinionated based on a sole person... I saw the videos of this game and it does look fun as hell... plus 800 msp isn't so bad!

Majinbro
05-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Thats a pretty crappy review. Its like he didnt play much of it.

And the bit about being hard to find your self there is an option to place a number above your head in the settings that can be turned on or off so it will always be displayed or you have to hold the button.

And talking about a special attack theres only 3 attacks in the game X light attack Y Flourish attack and RT an area attack that uses one of your hearts not that difficult to figure out when it tells you how on the first level.

And the no consequence of dying is true if your on normal difficulty,

When you go to challenging difficulty you have 3 hearts instead of 5 when you lose them you turn into a ghost and have 3 empty hearts the you lose when you get hit so you can die if you dont find a heart.

Krazeefrag
05-03-2012, 12:38 AM
I was looking at the review and what Jonathan Deesing has reviewed before, this was his first review for Joystiq. When I clicked his twitter account and read maybe a dozen of his tweets I came to the conclusion that he's a douche bag, a bloody asshole really. Very negative.

It's a shame Joystiq used this guys review

littlejay
05-03-2012, 12:50 AM
it seems people expected fable 4 and blasted the game because it wasn't :/

KamikazeZumbie
05-03-2012, 12:51 AM
This game is getting way too much hate in the review department. Not anywhere near a perfect masterpiece of an arcade game, but who was honestly expecting that? I am having fun with it, I think it is worth ten dollars.

Foxxy kyle
05-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Any review company have bad reviews because they hardly play any of the game. Beat the game first, then write a review. They rush right through it just to get to the next game they need to review.

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Any review company have bad reviews because they hardly play any of the game. Beat the game first, then write a review. They rush right through it just to get to the next game they need to review.Considering the facts that one review does not put food on the table for your family and that reviewers get paid by review (often even by word count), can you really blame them? If reviewers had salaries like most jobs, they could take their time and give each game the time and respect it deserves, but as it stands, they have to rush through games to make a living.

I mean, it's easy to talk shit about reviewers this or reviewers that, but let's not forget that it's just a job and those guys need to eat too.

darkarchon433
05-03-2012, 02:32 AM
My favorite thing about XBLA titles is that there is a trial. The best thing is to ignore the Joystiq people and just play it.

Dhyphoon
05-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Its a good game, the reviewers are just dumb.

Nusentinsaino
05-03-2012, 03:07 AM
My favorite thing about XBLA titles is that there is a trial. The best thing is to ignore the Joystiq people and just play it.

Exactly.

10 characters long.

Nusentinsaino
05-03-2012, 03:07 AM
Its a good game, the reviewers are just dumb.

So you are saying that it's worth to get this game?

yelkcubnwahs
05-03-2012, 03:12 AM
i love the fable series, this better be good

tripleb2k
05-03-2012, 04:51 AM
The game isn't that bad! I think it's 7/10. Camera is kind of annoying and the combat is pretty easy. Aside from that, it's a pretty fun game, especially with friends. Only way to tell is try the trial yourself and go from there.
Just don't go in thinking this is LBP or Castle Crashers. It's a simple game but fun.

Krazeefrag
05-03-2012, 05:16 AM
Considering the facts that one review does not put food on the table for your family and that reviewers get paid by review (often even by word count), can you really blame them? If reviewers had salaries like most jobs, they could take their time and give each game the time and respect it deserves, but as it stands, they have to rush through games to make a living.

I mean, it's easy to talk shit about reviewers this or reviewers that, but let's not forget that it's just a job and those guys need to eat too.

True enough but I truly don't think any retail/arcade game deserves a 1.5/5.That's just asking to get flamed.
I'm just surprised joystiq would publish that garbage review and will be more surprised if they don't put out a different review.

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 05:32 AM
True enough but I truly don't think any retail/arcade game deserves a 1.5/5.That's just asking to get flamed.
I'm just surprised joystiq would publish that garbage review and will be more surprised if they don't put out a different review.But, I mean... Do you want every game ever made to get 3/5?

I don't think the problem here is that reviewers are wrong or stupid or whatever. I think more people need to learn that it's OK to like a game that honestly isn't designed that well. Reviewers focus more on the design while gamers go more by their feelings. This game honestly isn't very great but I'm having fun with it too. We could all just be honest to ourselves and admit that we like a kinda crappy game because they managed to squeeze some fun in there despite the crappiness.

I mean, come on... It's a brawler that has 3 attacks. That's just crappy no matter how you slice it. It's like releasing an RPG that only has 3 pieces of loot, an FPS that only has 3 guns, etc.

Nusentinsaino
05-03-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm playing the full game now... and I have to say that Joystiq's review is a fucking stupid one.

I mean this game is great for fable fans.