PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops 2 Discussion Thread

iBuzz7S
05-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Since there is no section for it, should just use here. Besides, BO2 has nothing to do with Black Ops or Modern Warfare 3, so posting there should be off-topic, right? :)

Reveal Trailer - Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - YouTube

Finally, the reveal trailer. Looks like Treyarch are raising the bar once again.

DEG23
05-02-2012, 12:23 AM
I get the impression that all this unmanned tech gets hijacked by the enemy. It sounds like an interesting concept, fighting against the tech that made you powerful but it looks like it will be another, fight through a decaying city and shoot the guys in the gas masks.

I am disappointed they aren't sticking with the cold war, black ops theme.

HugTheBear
05-02-2012, 12:41 AM
It's kind of lose/lose at this point for CoD. If they don't make changes like this then people will say "same crap, different year." When they do make changes like this then most CoD fans are disappointed because it's not the same. I haven't been let down by Treyarch yet, so I will definitely buy this and give it a chance. I just hope IW didn't have too much input into this game. IW is too noob friendly for my taste. I agree with DEG though, I would have liked to have seen this game stay in the same time as the original Black Ops.

The robots/machines make me a little nervous about what the MP killstreaks will be.

crazy W01f 816
05-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Not interested in the near future setting. I thought they had a good thing going with the cold war stuff. Now I eagerly await any zombie mode info. If they don't bring it back I'll pass again this year.

Dz06lt
05-02-2012, 12:58 AM
I cant wait for this, but i wonder why there is no CoD 2012 or CoD black ops 2 section on the forum.

Gackt
05-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Its nice to see something a little different, but Im sorry I cant get excited about a game that is still using that fucking outdated horrible looking engine. Activision is made of money for christ sake there is no excuse for the game still using that damn thing. Irritates me...lol

Dz06lt
05-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Its nice to see something a little different, but Im sorry I cant get excited about a game that is still using that fucking outdated horrible looking engine. Activision is made of money for christ sake there is no excuse for the game still using that damn thing. Irritates me...lol

yep the engine should have been changed but MW3 still looked fantastic. Who knows what this will look like when we get our hands on it.

Gackt
05-02-2012, 01:20 AM
yep the engine should have been changed but MW3 still looked fantastic. Who knows what this will look like when we get our hands on it.

MW3 Looked Fantastic? Compared to what? lol. Maybe I am spoiling myself because I play games on PC but the Call of Duty series on 360 looks like crap. It has virtually no textures and they downgrade the graphics on the MP instead of keeping it a higher quality like the SP has.

Wildmn34
05-02-2012, 01:26 AM
I have been excited about CoD every year since I played World at War. MW3 was almost a let down. I haven't played it nearly as much as I did MW2 or Black Ops.

After watching this trailer... I am very concerned about the direction they are taking CoD. I really don't like the "future tech" aspect of that trailer. I'm worried about kill streaks in MP.

I don't want to make any big leaps of judgement though as it's only a 2 minute trailer. But, I'm not jumping up and down right now.

Dz06lt
05-02-2012, 01:26 AM
MW3 Looked Fantastic? Compared to what? lol. Maybe I am spoiling myself because I play games on PC but the Call of Duty series on 360 looks like crap. It has virtually no textures and they downgrade the graphics on the MP instead of keeping it a higher quality like the SP has.

Yes the SP i dont give 2 shits about multiplayer. There is a reason why there is a quality drop off in multiplayer, with SP the developer as the story teller directs you to what you should be looking at so they can use all the tricks to make it look good, however with MP they cant controll what you are seeing so all those tricks are not availalbe. BF3 is exactly the same the multi is not even close to what we got in the SP.

Spade.
05-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Mixed feelings... So many mixed feelings!

Gackt
05-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Yes the SP i dont give 2 shits about multiplayer. There is a reason why there is a quality drop off in multiplayer. BF3 is exactly the same the multi is not even close to what we got in the SP.

What would that reason be? Developers who don't know how to do a good job? I could understand if the maps were huge and you had tons going on at once but Call of Duty maps are very small, and small scale fighting. I think it's just because they are using a very very old engine.

I like the single player campaigns Infinity Ward does with Call of Duty, they seem to do that way better than Treyarch in my opinion. Treyarch makes good changes to the series and all but the games never feel as good as IW. Not really excited about the MP anymore as the series has been getting worse MP wise since COD4. COD4 was fantastic, just went downhill after that though.

What would be fantastic though is if they would maybe try to get id tech 5 engine for the game.

Foxxy kyle
05-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Even though I probably wont like it to much, I will more than likely still end up buying it lol...Just something thats fun to play with friends...I didnt like Black Ops at all, even the campaign was kinda dull. But who knows. Personally I think IW does way better with CoD's

Dz06lt
05-02-2012, 01:41 AM
What would that reason be? Developers who don't know how to do a good job? I could understand if the maps were huge and you had tons going on at once but Call of Duty maps are very small, and small scale fighting. I think it's just because they are using a very very old engine.

I like the single player campaigns Infinity Ward does with Call of Duty, they seem to do that way better than Treyarch in my opinion. Treyarch makes good changes to the series and all but the games never feel as good as IW. Not really excited about the MP anymore as the series has been getting worse MP wise since COD4. COD4 was fantastic, just went downhill after that though.

What would be fantastic though is if they would maybe try to get id tech 5 engine for the game.

I was editing while you were posting. As for the decline that is your opinion a lot of things have been added some people love things others dont. Ive played them all they are fun but as i said i dont care either way. As for the SP i cant agree more it seems that IW does do a much better job, however Treyarch did show a ton of progress with Black Ops personally i think it was possibly the best CoD story yet.

Yes the SP i dont give 2 shits about multiplayer. There is a reason why there is a quality drop off in multiplayer, with SP the developer as the story teller directs you to what you should be looking at so they can use all the tricks to make it look good, however with MP they cant controll what you are seeing so all those tricks are not availalbe. BF3 is exactly the same the multi is not even close to what we got in the SP.

Beefdagreat
05-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Where's the zombies I've been waiting for?

Benny34
05-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Since there is no section for it, should just use here. Besides, BO2 has nothing to do with Black Ops or Modern Warfare 3, so posting there should be off-topic, right? :)

Reveal Trailer - Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY)

Finally, the reveal trailer. Looks like Treyarch are raising the bar once again.

ahahah looks stupid, this will be crap ahahahah.
Medal of honor warfighter!!
looks like there trying to copy crysis ahahah which is a way better game than cod.

heyimdalton
05-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Is it just me, or does this look NOTHING like Cod? There's horses, and weird jets. And the graphics look really different. Much worse in my opinion. I swear if it was for the "Black Ops II" at the end I wouldnt even believe this is a Call of duty trailer. Are we sure this is real??

Wildmn34
05-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Is it just me, or does this look NOTHING like Cod? There's horses, and weird jets. And the graphics look really different. Much worse in my opinion. I swear if it was for the "Black Ops II" at the end I wouldnt even believe this is a Call of duty trailer. Are we sure this is real??

Ah, it's right on the CallofDuty.com website, their official Youtube account, Activision released it on Twitter and Facebook... yup it's real.

But, I agree, it doesn't look like a CoD game at all.

Aiden 514
05-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Black Ops was crap for me, so giving this one a miss.

TheRedComet
05-02-2012, 04:22 AM
I'm actually surprised to see CoD finally taking another step. CoD4 (one of the best FPS ever) was a huge step for CoD back then but to me the series has be stagnate ever since. The game looks different, which is a good thing but unless there's some kind of sweeping change to the gameplay it'll still be the same game it's been post CoD4. I'm intrigued, but not enough to say I'd buy it, or even play it.

I didn't like BO's singleplayer at all. It was even more over the top and Hollywood than MW2's which is really saying something. I liked CoD better when you actually played through a believable story. That's what made 4 so amazing to me, the feeling that what I was playing could really happen. I have not had the feeling since.

Wildmn34
05-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Here's a video from Game Trailers. It features an interview.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-interview-call-of-duty/729751

After watching it I am still not excited. Which makes me some what disappointed. Ah well, it's only May. We'll see what else they reveal about it.

KFZ Scrubs
05-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Not impressed at all. I'm buying it used. Only thing that can get me to buy it new is Zombies coupled with me finding someone or somewhere that'll sell it used

otaking live
05-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Looks.........interesting. Kinda Halo like.

I dunno man. I'm so torn!

vI-Youneek-Iv
05-02-2012, 05:20 AM
If they can fix the MP to where no one camps 24/7 it would be better in my opinion, cause ever since Late MW2-MW3 (Including Black Ops) it seems like camping ruined it for me. That's the main reason I started playing them less and BF started to appeal to me more, not that I didn't play it but I favored it more than CoD. Right now I can say Mass Effect 3's MP is way better than MW3 or BO hell Assassins Creed Brotherhood is way more fun. As long as they can some how manage to fix that (or maybe it's the little kids and the whole community in its self which won't get fixed) I won't mind buying BO2 but if not I'll play MP for a little then probably go for the Zombie or w/e mode it will be achievements and be done with it.

eXoTiC Zebes0
05-02-2012, 05:51 AM
The only reason why I would buy it is because of the zombies, cod is total crap without it...

JDMBO1
05-02-2012, 06:08 AM
I've got to say, "meh" the cod series has started to become bland, and more stylized to the people that play Halo MP, where any skill comes down to who has the better gun first, so for the most part I'm probably going to have to pass on this one. I think that Activision's biggest selling point was zombies an apart from that BO one's story, which was "ok" campaign wise, that it's like a deflating balloon. To me I felt personally that MP wise in the CoD series that CoD 4, WaW, and BO were more so engaging then MW2 or MW3, with MW2 clearly having noobtubes being the most aggravating thing, and MW3 was just plain boring nothing wanted me to come back to it, I mean I've prestige once to get a feel for how it was, but even that system is getting boring too. I personally think that prestige is starting to be overused an abused for the most part, what with Gears 3, BF3, and CoD it's just getting ridiculous. I think that all the majority of the time I spent on MW2 was mainly because that's what everyone else was playing an out of that I went 8 prestige's, and with Black Ops I actually had fun with the MP where I didn't feel obligated to be with friends to play it an I went through 12 prestige's in that. So in conclusion I can't wholeheartedly say that CoD is fun anymore just a ghost of itself.

Genesis x360a
05-02-2012, 06:40 AM
If they can fix the MP to where no one camps 24/7 it would be better in my opinion, cause ever since Late MW2-MW3 (Including Black Ops) it seems like camping ruined it for me.

Impossible. Devolopers cannot control how the community plays. The community is the problem not the game. There is camping in everygame, everygame that has a PvP MP. That is a fact.

OT:

Loved the reveal. I love the new setting as it gives them a free license to do what ever they please. I like all the COD games but dislike the fact they're always held back by the setting/timeline. Atleast this time they have essentionally free reign over what they can do.

Yannie Boy
05-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Meh

10 char

Sarcasm
05-02-2012, 07:46 AM
:nanaZOMBIES:
Here is a thought...ANDROIDS! Instead of Zombies, to go along with their whole futuristic approach. That would be a clever twist. Lol at the horses! Must be Poland.

:uzi:MULTIPLAYER:
I hope the killstreaks do not get outrageous. I would also love for more weapons, lots more, and as much weapon customization as someone could possibly think of! My favourite attachment concept idea for example! An attachment that would allow you to change between: Single Shot, Burst Shot and Fully Automatic fire.

:chairCAMPAIGN:
I also hope that there is some correlation between Black Ops' campaign and Black Ops 2's campaign.

I cannot wait to see how many dislikes the Black Ops 2 reveal video gets from all of the Battlefield fan boys that go to watch the video with the mindset that they will hate it regardless of how the game actually looks. So petty.

judd90
05-02-2012, 07:47 AM
It looks like COD x MGS, I don't know what to think TBH. I guess wait for more videos to see what its like, can't wait for gameplay.

I cannot wait to see how many dislikes the Black Ops 2 reveal video gets from all of the Battlefield fan boys that go to watch the video with the mindset that they will hate it regardless of how the game actually looks. So petty.

I don't want to start anything love both series, but if you check Battlefield videos there a lot of COD fanboys that do the same to them. People need to just learn every person has different tastes and move on with their lives.

RenegadeFlanker
05-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Zombies, Zombies, Zombies!!!

Burnout x360a
05-02-2012, 09:50 AM
So many other games coming out this year but i'll admit it looks pretty cool.

Nice to see them be like FUCK IT LET'S GO NUTS.

SpectreSoldier
05-02-2012, 10:35 AM
:nanaZOMBIES:
Here is a thought...ANDROIDS! Instead of Zombies, to go along with their whole futuristic approach. That would be a clever twist. Lol at the horses! Must be Poland.

What about Terminator Zombies?! or Android Zombies?! :nana

OT: The trailer and the game looks good but I think that I will rent it.
I hope that they will be more videos anyway I'm pretty excited:woop:

Jeesp
05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I loved the black ops campaign and enjoyed the multi player, so I am looking forward to this. Nice to see that they are taking the game a different direction than the other games, even though it's not far into the future, just 2025.

I really hope they don't bring the x-ray / see through walls thing to multi player.

Hopefully they will confirm that zombies appear in the game.

judd90
05-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I loved the black ops campaign and enjoyed the multi player, so I am looking forward to this. Nice to see that they are taking the game a different direction than the other games, even though it's not far into the future, just 2025.

I really hope they don't bring the x-ray / see through walls thing to multi player.

Hopefully they will confirm that zombies appear in the game.
Roll Call - Treyarch Announces Black Ops 2 - YouTube

Jeesp
05-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Video

Thank you. Yay for zombies! :woop:

Burnout x360a
05-02-2012, 11:24 AM
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/5/2/2991601/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-detailed/in/2756745

Just had a read through this, lots of interesting little bits of information.

fallout frank
05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
IG Extended: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Campaign Interview w/ Mark Lamia - YouTube

Some very cool new features added to the campaign.

IG Extended: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Interview w/ Mark Lamia - YouTube

New Zombies game modes! I just got alot more excited.

Hagane
05-02-2012, 11:56 AM

Confirmed as a KillStreak reward, it's a Scope you attach to your primary. :Bounce:

OT:

I'm very excited for B Ops 2! MW3 I kinda knew wasn't to be that great, since it's pace was already pretty oversaturated by other games; but I know Treyarch will deliver. :)
One way or another they will always try to fix things if the community proves there's something wrong.

Also:
Zombies > Spec Ops :woop:

bamozzy
05-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I am really looking forward to this game. Before the reveal trailer I would have bought this game anyway but having seen it and heard a few interviews - this has gone on to my 'essential purchase' list.
It seems they are giving us so much more than was expected
Campaign - non-linear, multiple mission options and different aspects for completing (and also failing) these missions with different outcomes depending - this will lead to a lot more replayability
Zombies - Returning but now running on the Multi-player engine and offering more game modes than the standard Horde also a Zombie Campaign too
Multi-player - Set exclusively in 2025 but so far little information has been officially confirmed so I hope they offer a fun, balanced experience that has made the CoD franchise as big and popular as it is and a worthy successor to any/all previous titles - the best one yet!
Overall it seems this is not just 1 game but several all wrapped up in one package with a new approach to the SP campaign that has never been in a CoD title before.

Barad
05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't even like zombies, so probably get this for the campaign, hopefully the multiplayer is good this time too.

Gackt
05-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Unfortunately I believe there is a scope that lets you see through walls. That feature completely ruined the new ghost recon mp and have a feeling it will with this too.

bamozzy
05-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately I believe there is a scope that lets you see through walls. That feature completely ruined the new ghost recon mp and have a feeling it will with this too.

I understand that this is happening too - I also understand that it will be equipped on Sniper rifes and you can charge up your bullets to fire through different surfaces - This will be a great way to combat all those annoying campers!!!

Gackt
05-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I understand that this is happening too - I also understand that it will be equipped on Sniper rifes and you can charge up your bullets to fire through different surfaces - This will be a great way to combat all those annoying campers!!!

Campers are not an issue to deal with normally. This is just a way to wall hack in game now. I think it's a bad idea.

iBuzz7S
05-02-2012, 01:17 PM
This is just a way to wall hack in game now. I think it's a bad idea.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. ;)

It is going to cause the typical bashing from those who buy COD games even though they disliked the last one, but I think Treyarch are keeping modders/hackers in their mind also.

jules the great
05-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I was so dissapointed when I saw this trailer and realized they had moved away from the vietnam and cold war setting. Which in my opinion is the most intricate and fascinating war setting to date. They should have left this modern combat to IW imo. I loved Black Ops and I will be getting this game too, but I wont be attending any midnight releases or anything. I'll get it when I get it.

Onelastbreath
05-02-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm in two minds about this, it's either going to spell the end of Cod for me or re-ignite the series after the awful MW3. Hopefully they get it right, then again they will never please everybody lol

RBmaster9345
05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
How do the make the jump from Vietnam to Future? The hell? I dont know how I feel about it, but if it sucks then one less game for me to buy I guess. Id be surely getting Halo 4 over this anyways.

Kaiyo
05-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Theres too much camping in the series so its an improvement.
I wish they didn't use the same sh*tty graphics and engine.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
How do the make the jump from Vietnam to Future? The hell? I dont know how I feel about it, but if it sucks then one less game for me to buy I guess. Id be surely getting Halo 4 over this anyways.

there's gonna be some parts where you play in the 80's which might link the events together

Wildmn34
05-02-2012, 08:16 PM
It is going to cause the typical bashing from those who buy COD games even though they disliked the last one, but I think Treyarch are keeping modders/hackers in their mind also.

I'm not bashing it yet, but I'm sure as hell not going to pre order it right now. I didn't see anything in any video yet that has made me say "ZOMG! Must buy now!" Instead it had the opposite approach that made me say "WTF, I'm not sure I want this."

What do you mean Treyarch is keeping modders/hackers in their mind? Do you mean they are aware of people wall hacking so they decided to give everyone that ability? That's just... that's completely illogical.

iBuzz7S
05-02-2012, 09:22 PM
What do you mean Treyarch is keeping modders/hackers in their mind? Do you mean they are aware of people wall hacking so they decided to give everyone that ability? That's just... that's completely illogical.
Pretty much, yeah.

No one can stop modders/hackers from doing what they do, but you can make their money-making and e-fame ways harder to obtain by giving it everyone, free of charge.

I don't know, obviously I am looking at this a lot different to what you are, but it's just how I see it. :eek:

Onyok
05-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Just me alone as if it'd matter most... Never been a fan of Treyarch but i might get this just for the token (& 2 sided poster to cover my empty wall in my room) then sell my copy at craigslist. Currently, @Prestige 3 but I can't be bothered much playing MW3. :drunk Thus, with that said token i might get my tempo back playing MW3!

Jeesp
05-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Confirmed as a KillStreak reward, it's a Scope you attach to your primary. :Bounce:

Where have you read this? :(

Aiden95
05-03-2012, 01:12 AM
I find it hilarious how people say it looks crap, outdated etc etc yet it will still be the biggest game of the year :)

HugTheBear
05-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Campers are not an issue to deal with normally. This is just a way to wall hack in game now. I think it's a bad idea.

I agree. Terrible idea. I hope Treyarch scraps this killstreak. This had to have been the one thing IW added to the game. :mad:

Wildmn34
05-03-2012, 01:26 AM
I find it hilarious how people say it looks crap, outdated etc etc yet it will still be the biggest game of the year :)

Just because it's the best selling game of the year does not make it the best game of the year.

Aiden95
05-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Just because it's the best selling game of the year does not make it the best game of the year.

Thats what i said,i said biggest as in Sales. not the best in gameplay.

OT: This game kinda reminds me of battlefield 2142. Anyone remember that game?

Dz06lt
05-03-2012, 01:38 AM

It also doenst mean it "won't" be either. CoD4 won those honors so its not out of the question that it could. *******Again not saying it WILL only that it COULD********** Saying that there is no chance is pure bullshit and those who are saying that are just haters period.

TheRedComet
05-03-2012, 02:24 AM

So now CoD has the FarSight XR-20 from Perfect Dark?

Gackt
05-03-2012, 03:08 AM
It also doenst mean it "won't" be either. CoD4 won those honors so its not out of the question that it could. *******Again not saying it WILL only that it COULD********** Saying that there is no chance is pure bullshit and those who are saying that are just haters period.

COD4 was popular because it brought things to the FPS Genre that casual gamers never saw before. Even though COD 4 didn't do anything new or original. It looks decent, people liked the ranking up and unlocking feature and fell in love with it. There has not been a single COD sequel since 4 that was as close to being that good/fun.
Casual gamers make Call of Duty as popular as it is. There hasn't been a Call of Duty game near the Quality of 2 or 4 since Call of Duty 4.

AA x driv3r
05-03-2012, 03:21 AM
*sigh* Oh great, you can see through walls in MP. What's next, the return of the Tactical Nuke?

KFZ Scrubs
05-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Impossible. Devolopers cannot control how the community plays. The community is the problem not the game. There is camping in everygame, everygame that has a PvP MP. That is a fact.

OT:

Loved the reveal. I love the new setting as it gives them a free license to do what ever they please. I like all the COD games but dislike the fact they're always held back by the setting/timeline. Atleast this time they have essentionally free reign over what they can do.

Not a bad way to look at it sir... not a bad way at all. My first impression of the new timeline was... they just ran out of wars to do.

CORPSE THROWER
05-03-2012, 05:15 AM
I'm interested.

Animosityyyyyy
05-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Black Ops was my second favorite Call of Duty behind the original Modern Warfare. Pretty disappointed they went futuristic. Not really interested in the story, I'm just curious how online play will be.

josh263
05-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Would much rather have it set it modern day Instead of future I personally prefer realistic war games

Bulletman
05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Looks.........interesting. Kinda Halo like.

I dunno man. I'm so torn!

You WILL BUY Black Ops 2 or be punished!

Black Ops is my favourate Call Of Duty, I still play Zombie mode and after seeing the awesome trailer for Black Ops 2 I'm gonna play the Campain again. Black Ops 2 is a day 1(midnight) pick up for me.

Hagane
05-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Where have you read this? :(

I think there was an article on the COD Wikia (I follow various games.) They seem legitimate since all they do is dog the COD developers' Twitters all day.

Anyway, I don't see the Scope being much of a problem; it has limited range, and cannot be equipped to shotguns. And remember that scopes usually have longer ADS times than regular sights. (And of course, the "Ghost/Camo" perk of the game may make you invisible to it... don't quote me on that though.)

Personally, I'd use it for SnD. :p

EDIT:

For those of you interested in leaked MP information, this is about a month old...

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:N7/Massive_Black_Ops_2_leak!

SniperShark6
05-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm so excited for BO2

Opiate42
05-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm torn too but only because it's Treyarch. If it was another IW/Sledgehammer game I would 100% pass on it. The one thing I'm not seeing that would make it a definite buy for me, I may have just missed it, CO-OP campaign. WaW had it, Blops didn't. Sad Panda. I want the co-op campaign back.

Been with COD since the beginning with the original game playing it back when I had a PC that was worth gaming on. Every game up to WaW was fun as hell. Since then it's been 50/50.

True, the developer cannot control everything the community does. The MW2 hack fest proved this through and through.

MW3 though was a developer problem. Campaign and MP, it was just not fun to play. At all.

It was terrible design from top to bottom. From start to finish it was lazy, for such a huge AAA title it felt like IW and Sledgehammer didn't bother showing up to their own offices while it was being made.

At least Black Ops was a bit of fun and didn't feel like a waste of my time.

iBuzz7S
05-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Black Ops II pre-order numbers have outdone Black Ops by threefold.

Get ready for another record breaking Call of Duty. I wonder if it can surpass Modern Warfare 3 and its 1 billion dollars in 16 days?

Smoochy
05-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Not sure if I'll get this. I've always like Treyarch, but I've been let down by CoD recently. Probably just rent it and decide from that.

TheRedComet
05-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Black Ops II pre-order numbers have outdone Black Ops by threefold.

Get ready for another record breaking Call of Duty. I wonder if it can surpass Modern Warfare 3 and its 1 billion dollars in 16 days?

I don't understand it. Each game is worse than the last but MORE people keep buying. You'd think everyone who has EVER wanted to play a CoD game would have by now. I don't understand where all these new players keep coming from.

Samigi
05-03-2012, 06:28 PM
The Black Ops II trailer looked like some OTT sci-fi... it's not even cod anymore.

GrimSovereignty
05-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I looked at it once before and I was like...ughhhh, yet when I watched it again today I was like well darn that looks like it is going to be pretty nice. I really liked the first Black Ops so hopefully this one will be great as well.

ADAMS No2
05-03-2012, 07:36 PM
The trailer left me a little cold to be honest, it was only really the return of the awesome Frank Woods that got my attention. I loved the first BLOPS and sunk some serious time into multiplayer to get my first highest prestige in a COD game but after the (imo) travesty that is MW3 multiplyer I have serious concerns over future COD titles online! OTT lag comp and I'm gone instantly. As for the campaign I wish it had followed directly from BLOPS but I'm sure Tryarch will do a good job anyway.

fallout frank
05-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't understand it. Each game is worse than the last but MORE people keep buying. You'd think everyone who has EVER wanted to play a CoD game would have by now. I don't understand where all these new players keep coming from.

4 million children born per year in the us alone, lets say half are boys (bulk of gamers) that's 2 million, then half take to gaming, that's 1 million extra gamers each year give or take and don't forget that is only the us. If you factor in the rest of the westernised world, those numbers outweigh any amount of people that decide to not buy it.

TheRedComet
05-03-2012, 08:22 PM
4 million children born per year in the us alone, lets say half are boys (bulk of gamers) that's 2 million, then half take to gaming, that's 1 million extra gamers each year give or take and don't forget that is only the us. If you factor in the rest of the westernised world, those numbers outweigh any amount of people that decide to not buy it.

But that's like saying 2 million new gamers a year out of the womb. It's not like kids are given a 360 and CoD right out of their mom's who-who.

The Eddmeister
05-03-2012, 08:33 PM
The Black Ops II trailer looked like some OTT sci-fi... it's not even cod anymore.

I second this!
Won't be buying it. Wasn't impressed with BLOPS, don't see it changing with this.
The CoD franchise has been stagnant for a while & I have finally woken up & won't be putting any more money into it.

Rep
05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/31-600x331.jpg

There's a lot more screens that I found on this website.
http://mp1st.com/2012/05/02/more-leaks-reveal-black-ops-2-menu-zombies-story-mode-and-first-person-multiplayer-screen/

koopakiller64
05-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Found more leaked info related to Perks, Guns, Game Modes and a Melee Slot. SOURCE (http://mp1st.com/2012/04/22/new-black-ops-2-poster-and-full-multiplayer-information-allegedly-leaked-reveals-perks-weapons-and-release-date/)

All the info from the site is found in this spoiler:

-Game Modes-
Escort ~ A game mode in which you escort a player across three flags to achieve victory. The enemy team killing the player will result in a win for their side.
Split Spawn ~ A game mode in which you spawn from a hellicopter, and climb down to get to the ground. The player starts with 3 lives. One player can control the chopper to let you climb down in different areas, as well as shoot from the chopper. If the chopper is destroyed, players can no longer spawn. Players compete for a central flag that takes 2x as long to capture than a regular domination flag. Either the death of all opposing players or the capturing of the flag will grant you a win. This game has 2 rounds.
Equalizer ~ A game mode in which players are switched to the enemy team upon death. Players will compete for a flag, which when owned, open up a power plant to allow the player to customize their class in game, get new weapons, and put on a juggernaut suit for their team only.When there are 2 players left on a team, they are granted with the power plant automatically, and pointstreaks up to a 5 point requirement can also be obtained. If either of the two players die, they will remain on their own team. The team with the most converts (kills) at the end will win. If tied, whoever is currently owning the power plant will win.

-Perks- (Only new and modified!) (Perk slot not yet defined!)
To clarify what elite is, it is a side-pro perk you can choose when leveling up the base perk. These elite perks ONLY work if paired with another BASE perk.
1. Spy – Appear as a friend on the map. (Disadvantage is, you’re always spotted even without a UAV, and when shooting, you turn red on the map)
b. Pro – Detect enemy spies. They will still always be spotted on the radar.
c. Elite – If Pilot is active, your airship will be marked as an ally.
2. Escape Artist – When going prone, you feign death (You cannot shoot during)
b. Pro – When approaching death, the enemies crosshairs will turn to white, and your name will dissapear.
c. Elite – if Diver is active – You realistically fall into your feign death instead of diving.
3. Audiophile – Players with silenced weapons will show on your radar if they are shooting at you or close around you.
b. Pro – Footsteps are louder
c. Elite – If bladesman is active – kniving will show up on the radar
4. Defuser – Throw all equipment but cookable grenades up to 2x farther – a hollow circle will show up around your crosshairs, and the circle will fill in 3 seconds. When the circle is full, it will throw 2x farther, when it is empty, it will throw 1x as far.
b. Pro – Be able to take semtex off of players and throw them elsewhere, and be able to pick up any enemy equipment and use it as your own.
c. Elite – if quickdraw is active – the circle will fill in 1.5 seconds.
5. Juggernaut – Regenerate health faster while moving
b. Pro – Regenerate health faster while crouched
c. Elite – If scavenger is active – you are able to drop ammo packs for your team.
Side note: Earlier, Treyarch Developer David Vonderhaar did mention that the next Call of Duty would not include regenerative health perks (http://mp1st.com/2012/03/30/black-ops-2-mp-leak-heat-vision-eluded-to-map-voting-system-likely-to-carry-over-health-regenerating-perk-cut-from-black-ops/).
6. Diver – You can dive into cover (A.K.A. Dolphin Dive) – and while diving you can still shoot, however when you land it takes awhile to regain focus.
b. Pro – You crawl 2x faster
c. Elite – With Extreme conditioning active – You can sprint while crawling to crawl faster (3x) instead of getting up.
7. Pilot – Your flying killstreak’s kills will count towards your next killstreak.
b. Pro – Your controllable flying killstreaks will last until they are shot down.
c. Elite – With blind eye active – Your uncontrollable flying killstreaks will not show on the map.
8. Technician – Any land killstreak’s kills will count towards your next killstreak.
b. Pro – Your Advnaced UAVS will disable the enemies UAV
c. Elite – If defuser is active, your sentries cannot be taken down instantly.
9. Bladesman – You have 2 knives in each hand instead of just one in one hand. (This essentially makes knives kill twice as fast.)
b. Pro – You have a chance of dodging the incoming players knife.
c. Elite – If assasin is active – kniving will be completely silent and not show on the killfeed, unless countered by audiophile elite.
10. Conciousness – While standing, you are just as accurate as when you are prone
b. Pro – Your bullets cause more flinching.
c. Elite – If marksman is active – shooting your enemy will mark him on the mini map.
11. Focus – Be able to shoot while sprinting, even at the deduction of accuracy.
b. Pro – Be able to shoot while jumping, even at the deduction of accuracy.
c. Elite – If stalker is active – when jumping, equipment does less damage to you.
12. Deep Impact – Your bullets shoot through hard surfaces.
b. Pro – Your bullets gain 50% damage with each person they go through.
c. Elite – if steady aim is active – when hip-firing, your bullets have 10% more damage with each person they go through.

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/8.jpg
(http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/8.jpg)

-NEW!!-
–Knife Melee Slot–
1. Default Knife – Takes 2 swipes to kill, you need to put it away, and take it back out like usual.
2. Tactical knife – Takes 4 swipes to kill, as long as you are pushing the melee button however, it will keep knifing
3. Tactical hammer – Takes longer to get out, takes 4 swipes to kill, you need to put it away and take it back out like usual, but against riot shields and machines it takes only 1 swipe to destroy.
4. Throwing knifes – Start with 4, fast to get out, fairly accurate, but takes 2 to kill and is ranged
5. Tomahawks – Start with 2, slow to get out, fairly innacurate, and takes 1 to kill and is ranged
6. Ballistic knife – [Disallows use of equipment] – A tactical knife in one hand, while a ballistic knife is in the other. You start with 2 ballistic knives, and they kill in 1 shot. These knives take a moderate time to get out. (With Bladesman on, you start with 3 ballistic knives and one ballistic knife in each hand.)

-Guns- (More than EVER!!) (These are the ones announced or finished so far)
Assault Rifles: AK74, Ruger Mini-14, Type 65, Valmet M76, M70, R1 Rifle, Commando, AR-18, Valmet M60, AKM-63, AMD-65
Submachine Guns: Mp5SD, PA3(DM), SW M76, Type 64, UZI, Mini-Uzi, AKS-74U, Mac 10, MPL, Ares FMG
Shotguns: Model 590, Model 1300, Model 1100, Spas-12, CAWS, Stakeout, Saiga-12, Striker, Featherlight
Sniper Rifles: Psg-1, PSL, SVD, Model 700, M76
Light Machine Guns: Type 67, Enfield L7, M240, AS70
Pistols: M973, Steyr GB, Skorpion, MEU, Python
Explosives: SA-7 Grail / 9k32 Strela-2, Stinger, FIM-43 Redeye, Arwen 37, M26Grenades, HG 84 Grenade, M67 Grenade, Sticky Grenade

-Attachments-
Attached Weapon Rack (Weapons attached to primary for quick weapon switching) (Only works when paired with pistols)
Attached Pistol (For snipers only)
Attached Shotgun (For Assault Rifles only)
Attached Bayonette (For Assault Rifles and Snipers only)
Laser
Red dot sight
Reflex scope
Thermal Scope
Acog Scope
Extended Mags
Dual Mags
Rapid Fire
Grenade Launcher (Grenades drop significantly more)
Grip
Perfected Ironsights (Ironsights that make it easier to see your bearings)

AA x driv3r
05-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Well, after seeing all of the above info, I think I'll just rent it and see how good it is. Sounds like a hack-free game to me, online wise.

Wildmn34
05-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Anything related to the game is pure speculation. Anyone can make up perks, kill streaks, game modes etc. Hell some could be right. But, it's may. That doesn't mean any of those make it into the final product that is shipped.

I base my opinion on what I have seen from official sources.

But, if you want to jump into the rumor/speculation mill have fun. But, I can already see people bitching in November. "They said (insert x) was going to be in the game... fucking liars!"

You know it will happen.

Dz06lt
05-04-2012, 12:52 AM
COD4 was popular because it brought things to the FPS Genre that casual gamers never saw before. Even though COD 4 didn't do anything new or original. It looks decent, people liked the ranking up and unlocking feature and fell in love with it. There has not been a single COD sequel since 4 that was as close to being that good/fun.
Casual gamers make Call of Duty as popular as it is. There hasn't been a Call of Duty game near the Quality of 2 or 4 since Call of Duty 4.

Again your opinion, ALL of the recent CoD games(besides W@W)are in the XBL top 20 played charts every week. If the games were not fun/good they wouldnt get played

http://majornelson.com/?s=Activity

April 17th 2012, 4:53 pm PT
LIVE Activity for week of April 9th (http://majornelson.com/2012/04/17/live-activity-for-week-of-april-9th/)

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_user))
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00503E8S2/?tag=34a6-20)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003JVKHEQ/amazon0b53-20/)
FIFA 12 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Z4ZJZS/?tag=34a6-20)
Battlefield 3 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6G5TW/?tag=34a6-20)
Halo: Reach (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002BSA20M/amazon0b53-20/)
Modern Warfare 2 (http://mjr.mn/eBuWH2)
Skyrim (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HYK956/?tag=34a6-20)
Gears of War 3 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0H79C/?tag=amazon0b53-20)
NBA 2K12 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0JK38/?tag=amazon0b53-20)
Mass Effect 3 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FYEZMQ/?tag=34a6-20)
GTA IV (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/GTA-IV/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545407f2?cid=SLink&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone&cid=majornelson)
Forza Motorsport 4 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6E986/?tag=34a6-20)
NHL12 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WL4LWQ/?tag=amazon0b53-20)
Madden NFL 12 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6EAM6/?tag=amazon0b53-20)
Halo 3 (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Halo-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307e6?cid=SLink&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone&cid=majornelson)
Saints Row: The Third (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QEV0MI/?tag=34a6-20)
Red Dead Redemption (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005N4HBE6/?tag=34a6-20)
Call of Duty 4 (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Call-of-Duty-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415607e6?cid=SLink&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone&cid=majornelson&partner=majornelson)
Call of Duty: World at War (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AWIP68/?tag=34a6-20)
Sniper Elite V2 DEMO (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Sniper-Elite-V2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802464f07e8?DownloadType=GameDemo#LiveZone&cid=majornelson)

LIVE Activity for week of March 26th
Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_user))
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00503E8S2/?tag=34a6-20)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003JVKHEQ/amazon0b53-20/)
FIFA 12 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Z4ZJZS/?tag=34a6-20)
Battlefield 3 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6G5TW/?tag=34a6-20)
Halo: Reach (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002BSA20M/amazon0b53-20/)
Modern Warfare 2 (http://mjr.mn/eBuWH2)
Gears of War 3 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0H79C/?tag=amazon0b53-20)
NBA 2K12 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0JK38/?tag=amazon0b53-20)
Skyrim (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HYK956/?tag=34a6-20)
Mass Effect 3 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FYEZMQ/?tag=34a6-20)
GTA IV (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/GTA-IV/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545407f2?cid=SLink&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone&cid=majornelson)
Forza Motorsport 4 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6E986/?tag=34a6-20)
Madden NFL 12 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6EAM6/?tag=amazon0b53-20)
NHL12 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WL4LWQ/?tag=amazon0b53-20)
Halo 3 (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Halo-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307e6?cid=SLink&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone&cid=majornelson)
Saints Row: The Third (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QEV0MI/?tag=34a6-20)
Red Dead Redemption (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005N4HBE6/?tag=34a6-20)
Call of Duty 4 (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Call-of-Duty-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415607e6?cid=SLink&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone&cid=majornelson&partner=majornelson)
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0061YG0O4/?tag=34a6-20)
NBA 2K11 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IMGC2C/?tag=34a6-20)

Gackt
05-04-2012, 03:14 AM
Again your opinion, ALL of the recent CoD games(besides W@W)are in the XBL top 20 played charts every week. If the games were not fun/good they wouldnt get played

http://majornelson.com/?s=Activity

Casual players play these games. Of course they are going to be the most played games there are way more of those people playing them. Doesn't mean it's a good game. Just means a majority of the people on XBL are easily entertained and or have bad taste :p

TheRedComet
05-04-2012, 04:25 AM
Casual players play these games. Of course they are going to be the most played games there are way more of those people playing them. Doesn't mean it's a good game. Just means a majority of the people on XBL are easily entertained and or have bad taste :p

This. The fact that CoD4 is still up there is a testament to how good it was while all the recent ones have been shit. Even with hackers CoD4 > every CoD since.

Akuza
05-04-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm going to say the same I do every year.

People will bitch, moan, scream, about cod.

But it'll still sell more copies than any other game.

Surely there's a reason why the sales rise each year and don't fall?

You realise this is an opinion?

The facts are the game stays in the top 10 most played games, it stays as the most sold and breaks that record every year.

Surely if the game was horrible or shit, then this wouldn't happen.

It's like saying "coca cola is a load of crap, but ill still buy it and then moan about it later" you just wouldn't

Hagane
05-04-2012, 12:47 PM

You can't just generalize that. (Many people actually prefer to regularly play COD as more than "a form of entertainment". ex: Twitch) Neither does it imply that they are "easily entertained" or have "bad taste", that's something you believe.

I myself use MW3 as my "stress-free" game, since I can freely run around in something like Team Defender and actually have fun. If I'm feeling campy, I'll try Infection. If I feel like playing defensively, I'll go into SnD.

The point is that COD just offers many more choices than most other MPs these days, to many groups of people. That's why it's popular.

THE DEADLY DOG
05-04-2012, 02:27 PM
This'll be interesting. Usually when a series takes a game to the high tech, or future tech level it finds itself running out of options after that.

Smoochy
05-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Honestly, after watching the trailer a few more times, my interest has actually decreased. Will I still play it? Most likely, but I know I won't be buying it at release (if at all).

I'm just not big on the whole "future warfare" aspect. That's why I never got into the Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (thought Future Soldier seems like it might be decent).

Plus, if the info that was leaked is real, this game already sounds awful.

Papa Demand xx
05-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Oh come on not again a new CoD with the same old Graphic Engine....
Now they put it into the Future wow.... wait ... wasnt dice doing the same thing with battlefield ???

I wont buy this game because since Black Ops 1 (Worst Multiplayer ever) and MW 3 ( even worse) im done with CoD.

Rep
05-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Now they put it into the Future wow.... wait ... wasnt dice doing the same thing with battlefield ???

I wont buy this game because since Black Ops 1 (Worst Multiplayer ever) and MW 3 ( even worse) im done with CoD.

$60 bucks says you will end up buying it.

Wildmn34
05-05-2012, 08:32 PM

So.... Blacks Ops is the "worst ever" but then MW3 is worse than Black Ops. Make up your mind.

It's "cool" to hate on CoD or whatever game. Bottom line is you said Black Ops was the worst, but yet you went ahead and played MW3 anyway.

Bluedonut1
05-06-2012, 01:07 AM

Treyarch is adding High Dynamic Range and radiosity, but I think those were already in the engine. DICE only did it once.

Game Trailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/16375) has a few interviews on the game (http://i46.tinypic.com/n5r2h0.jpg) up already.

KuShNsTieN
05-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Not getting this game, last one i purchased was MW2 (played borrowed blops& mw3 from friends) and there is nothing different. This game will be the same as the others lol

Warren17
05-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Once you get all the kills with a gun you can't use it again until you prestige or finish all kills with other guns. Make it happen. I'm tired of seeing the same 5 guns every time.