PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Black Ops II Official Trailer

StayonTarget
05-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Black Ops II Trailer

This looks amazing... IMO, this could blow the whole MW campaign storyline out of the water. I can't wait for the campaign. That's why I'll get this game. Anyone else?

fastNcurious
05-02-2012, 04:48 AM
From the trailer, it doesn't seem like a CoD game. In that video, if you strip out the title sequences and the parts showing that old guy (I guess he's an older version of someone from BO1), you wouldn't be able to tell it's a CoD game. Sure, it's just a reveal trailer, but it yells "Ghost Recon" to me.

That said, a lot of the stuff being revealed (outside of the trailer, that is) sounds really interesting. Jumping across time periods, the story, the non-linear gameplay sections.

WOLFkraut
05-02-2012, 06:20 AM
Wow? I was kinda hoping that CoD could make a come back and be on the level of 2, 3, 4 and WaW again... but no. And after all the cries for CoD to be more unique, what do they do? Copy every major shooter coming out this year, what a pathetic money grab. Ah, well, less frustration and wasted money on poor CoD games and overpriced DLC is always good.

Aiden95
05-02-2012, 06:22 AM
That looks Frickin' EPIC!! Cant wait for this to come out :D

domn8rdom
05-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Its Treyarch so a must buy!

judd90
05-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Seriously robots?

Add this to the OP:

Roll Call - Treyarch Announces Black Ops 2 - YouTube

Zombies confirmed

MopFlop
05-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Im guessing they are going on the theory of new console = new engine :/ think I'll finally skip a COD game as the last couple have just felt the same but with a different disguise.

fallout frank
05-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow? I was kinda hoping that CoD could make a come back and be on the level of 2, 3, 4 and WaW again... but no. And after all the cries for CoD to be more unique, what do they do? Copy every major shooter coming out this year, what a pathetic money grab. Ah, well, less frustration and wasted money on poor CoD games and overpriced DLC is always good.

Do you think that 18 or so months ago when they started on this game they did not have a direction for the series? I really doubt they copied anything, this was simply the direction they where taking their game in and its purely coincidence that ghost recon came out the same year. If any game does a realistic near future shooter of course there will be similarities, it is inevitable.

Im guessing they are going on the theory of new console = new engine :/ think I'll finally skip a COD game as the last couple have just felt the same but with a different disguise.

Im sure Infinity Ward and Treyarch have both spoke about the fact that on this generation of console, it isn't possible for them to greatly improve the graphics and keep the game running at 60fps. You either have a choice of dumbed down graphics with fast, smooth gameplay (COD) or greatly improved graphics with slow, clunky gameplay (Battlefield), unfortunately, until a more powerful console is released, they are our choices.

On topic - Everyone has been asking for change to the cod series for a long time, and here it is. Although the trailer definitely through me at first, I have complete faith in treyarch's ability to make a great game, they have yet to disappoint me and --->IMO<--- make a better balanced and more skilled game then IW.

SuperJoon
05-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Trailer looks amazing. Looks like a nice change! Looking forward to seeing what the Multi-player brings

fallout frank
05-02-2012, 10:28 AM
IG Extended: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Campaign Interview w/ Mark Lamia - YouTube

Some very cool new features added to the campaign.

IG Extended: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Interview w/ Mark Lamia - YouTube

New Zombies game modes! I just got alot more excited.

Smoochy
05-02-2012, 11:43 AM
I like that they're changing it up a bit.

Not really sure how I feel about the robots and shit though. I might still give it a shot since it's Treyarch.

bamozzy
05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
This looks EPIC and I am really looking forward to this more since the release of the trailer and details.

Douy75
05-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Some of the stuff in the trailer looks like some of the stuff used in Avatar :p

essentre
05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
I guess I'm in the majority as this trailer really didn't impress me at all. It honestly just looks like every other war type game that comes out nowadays. Even all the trailers are starting to look the same to me.

I'll still wait and see when the game comes out, but as of now I am a disappointed as I actually prefer playing BO over MW3 and was hoping for something more like the original.

beelzeboss
05-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Not sure how I feel about the future setting with it being Black ops2 I was expecting it to follow on from the first in some way in that sort of timeline.
But I expect we will get what I expect to see from any COD game they will tick the Michael Bay check box in the editor and we will get a single player with lots of over the top batshit crazy action set pieces explosions all over the place and a fun multiplayer.
Graphically I am not too bothered don't expect to see an engine upgrade until the next generation of consoles anyway it isn't practical at this point to do that when they will end up having to rework parts of it later on. But when you are in game moving around I think it looks fine while textures and things are not exactly high res the environments are always quite interesting and varied with a lot going on at times.

As with fifa when I get it I don't expect to be playing Tennis I know what is coming and it is a franchise I enjoy so the chances are I will get this.

Spade.
05-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Treyarch isn't usually the one to dissapoint, but I'll let my friends get this one and tell me how it is before it gets my purchase.

Denizens44
05-04-2012, 06:43 PM
The trailer impressed me greatly, I am very glad that they are trying something different. They are taking risks doing this, Treyarch has always been the one that changes things up.

StillTIPPIN187
05-04-2012, 06:52 PM
The only positive thing i have to say about it.. Its different.. For CoD anyway..

Ill still be buying Halo 4 over this.. But if i see it financially fit, i will buy Halo 4 and Blops 2 back to back.. but im not known for buying 2 games in the same month.. Much less 2 games in the same season..

I really thing they could have stretched "blops" out.. This looks like a blops 3 or 4.. while blops 2 should have been like more to the conspiracy. crazy wacked out numbers..

Better yet, Much like IW created CoD in 2003, then set a bar than no other FPS could touch in 2007 and have yet to be dethroned by anyone.. treyarch could topped that bar and set a new stone and deemed this game Call of Duty 5: Future Warfare.. because really, i think its beyond stupid that im gonna be jumping from the 80s and 2025 just to keep this game a blops sequel..

StayonTarget
05-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Better yet, Much like IW created CoD in 2003, then set a bar than no other FPS could touch in 2007 and have yet to be dethroned by anyone.. treyarch could topped that bar and set a new stone and deemed this game Call of Duty 5: Future Warfare.. because really, i think its beyond stupid that im gonna be jumping from the 80s and 2025 just to keep this game a blops sequel..

Two things. One. IW is yet to actually create another game up to par with cod4. Two. I wouldn't be so quick to judge the storyline, I have a feeling it could be really good. Come on, these are the guys who came up with the zombies storyline.

Ice Car
05-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Black Ops 2 - Single Player Trailer BREAKDOWN! (Parody) - YouTube

That is all.

fallout frank
05-05-2012, 09:19 AM
That is all.

:eek: wow that was great lol, I had a giant grin on my face all the way through it.

Burnout x360a
05-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Still worth a rent but there are other games I'm more interested in coming out around then, like Halo 4 and AC3.

hazza0999
05-05-2012, 10:58 AM
It's defiantly a change from what the normal cods are like.