PDA

View Full Version : Dont Trust Reviews!

Natz
05-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Its one thing I really hate is reviews! ...Even though this is pretty much a review when I read over it :P

This game has got bad reviews and its just to tell people play it and see what you think for yourself.

I downloaded the demo and bought it before even playing the game just due to it having a Behind the scenes option that lets you see there ideas and drawings etc.

As we all know the Fable series normally brings out a mini game for players to collect gold before there main game comes out and thats exactly what fable heroes is. Take a look at other gold/item mini games companys have had Fable coin game required a smart phone, Project Legacy and Dragon Age Legends required facebook. This is for xbox thus doesnt require anything that you might not have.

I think its fun from what ive played so far. Its 4 player co-op (yes it has online!) each character is plays different due to their weapons it is basically a fun simple hack and slash game that is about maxing out your characters and 1.39 GB for an arcade there must be loads in this game!

erico360
05-02-2012, 05:01 PM
me 2 love this game

Andreas_loel
05-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I think its quite shitty, dumbed down castle crashers without any feeling whatsoever. Music sucks big time and the controls could be more responsive. Oh well its a step forward from fable 2 pub games

DN Deathrow
05-04-2012, 03:54 AM
It has couch co-op. That right there sold me on it. Me, wife, and a friend just spent the past 5-6 hours playing, and loved every minute. Haven't read a single review. I usually just choose for myself. Eh.

catbhoy
05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
was it IGN's review 1.5/5 what nonsense, great value 800MS Points 400GS, 2 avatar items oh yes and a wee cracker of a fun game.

erico360
05-04-2012, 12:28 PM
I didn't trust them before this game was reviewed i mean fable 2 & 3 has higher scores than fable 1 on metacritic.

Nusentinsaino
05-06-2012, 07:41 PM
This game is totally fun for me, it's very enjoyable... as a fan of fable I suggest this to all fable fans.

Today's gaming review industry is kaput.

XBM Yosho
05-06-2012, 08:46 PM
The bottom line when refering to review companies is, They are controlled by popularity and or the games company paying the reviewer's company to put out a good review.

Such as the example of Gamespot and Eidos for the game Kane & Lynch: Dead Men.

The reviewer of that game gave it a 6 because honestly, and many agree it completely sucked, But it was front page material on Gamespots website because Eidos had paid them to promote it. Since the reviewer gave it a bad review and refused to change it, he was fired; Thus proving the review company industy is and can be bought and or altered to suit needs for money.

I remember when Bomberman 64: The second attack was rated horribly, But I 100% enjoyed the hell out of that game, Ever since then, I do my own reviewing and trust no one.

xKRAIZEEMANx
05-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Although I have never played this game, I do agree 100% on not trusting reviews. I tend to formulate my opinions on an amalgamation of resources i.e. this web site's forums.....

KP SysRestart
05-07-2012, 03:24 PM
It seems to me that reviewers will only give a game a high review if it ws a big budget game. The bigger the budget the higher the score. Fable Hereos is a great little game. Perfect for a family. Its not going to win any awards or be a MASSIVE seller (like Trials: Evolution), but its fun. And a nice way to get a gold boost in the newest Fable.

ebin
05-08-2012, 08:22 PM
So why should I trust what anyone in this post says? I only trust three people: me, our savior Jesus Christ, and my master. Master always lets me out of the hole if I'm good.

pandaliamcod6
05-08-2012, 08:29 PM
So why should I trust what anyone in this post says? I only trust three people: me, our savior Jesus Christ, and my master. Master always lets me out of the hole if I'm good.
Is your master Microsoft??

mrj3d
05-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah no doubt. I was upset when I saw the reviews but after trying out the demo I loved it. Snagged this game today. :)

MANDY
05-16-2012, 02:18 PM
I love Fable and I love this game also! :woop:

Judicar
06-28-2012, 01:11 PM
It's not bad but nothing great either. Then again, it IS a game geared towards families and little kids, so there you go. It's hard to be harsh on it when it fall under that genre since they obviously weren't trying to do anything huge as the levels are super short, the difficulty is laughable, and it's not complicated in the slightest. My only complaints are the AI is BS since those ****** take all your gold, there aren't enough characters to play as (where's Sparrow, Fable 1 hero, Whisper, Guild Master, etc), and I'm pretty sure Dark Albion worlds are exactly the same as their light counterparts except with some 'dark' looks, so I think that was a bit lazy of them. Still a cute little game good for some quick entertainment but it's not worth $10, more like half of that.

ChickinOnaChain
06-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I never trust or read reviews. I look at videos, demos and decide for myself.

Whispin627
07-18-2012, 01:39 AM
It's a cute simple game. Was a good "distraction game" when I got bored w my other games. As others have stated, the AI do suck at stealing gold and command response could be better, but it's worth the ms points/$10.

riazor
07-23-2012, 08:28 AM
I played it through with my 7 yr old son and we both enjoyed it. Perhaps one for Mums/Dads to consider...