PDA

View Full Version : I accidentally broke some guy's 360.

Bluntman428
08-27-2007, 04:51 AM
Man, I feel like a real jerk off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Pa5sk3W7A

Read the comments from GTAis2cool.

I posted that video awhile back when my 360 died. The guy posted a comment asking "how I got that mod", I assumed he was kidding. So I told him he could get it by wrapping his 360 in towels and blowing a hairdryer into the vents. He actually did it, and now his 360's fucked.

Part of me says I should try to help him. Part of me wants to beat him over the head for being that damn stupid. I don't know how he could possibly have interpreted that video as a "mod", especially with me yelling "F*** MICROSOFT" quite clearly at the end. And then to actually wrap his 360 in towels and blow into it with a hairdryer, thinking it's not gonna damage it. This guy has to be as stupid as the kid who dipped his power brick into water while his 360 was running to cool it down.

Should I help him, or let Microsoft sort it out?

Either way, I reckon he learned a valuable lesson about doing shit you see on the internet. :rolleyes:

xl SuB Z3r0 lx
08-27-2007, 05:02 AM
man that sucks but nice video

Clipse 2
08-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Hmmm well Blunt the ethical thing to do is fess up and tell him he needs to let MS handle it. I can't believe he actually did it though, then again I remember while working at Radioshack another employee told a guy to use a q-tip with Windex on it to clean his camera phone lens. He actually did it and it totally screwed up the camera functions so we had to send it in. Just tell him you're not sure whats up, but if it doesn't seem to work itself out he needs to call MS.

Millertime2325
08-27-2007, 06:10 AM
LMFAO.... oh god thats great...

any kid that dumb deserves his 360 to get 3 red rings..... ahhhhhhahahahah rofl

drno
08-27-2007, 06:11 AM
I love your last response to his post.
Please god tell me you're kidding.
Made me chuckle. He was clearly unaware that it would damage his 360 but then again he is most likely just bs'ing you. No one is that stupid...right?

ThrillKillBill
08-27-2007, 06:41 AM
**note to self** never trust bluntman **end note**

LmAo! He deserved it for being stupid, I have no sympathy for him.

twelve
08-27-2007, 06:53 AM
I remember while working at Radioshack another employee told a guy to use a q-tip with Windex on it to clean his camera phone lens. He actually did it and it totally screwed up the camera functions so we had to send it in.
Why would windex and a q-tip break a camera phone?

Seeing as how camera phone's lenses are always behind at least one layer of plastic its impossible for it to have damaged it. My bet is it was already broken and he was looking for some way to get it fixed for free/cheap.

Anyway...people that are dumb enough to pump hot air into anything electrical (or mix water with it) deserve everything they get. Seems to be a severe lack of common sense around at the moment.

Clipse 2
08-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Why would windex and a q-tip break a camera phone?

Seeing as how camera phone's lenses are always behind at least one layer of plastic its impossible for it to have damaged it. My bet is it was already broken and he was looking for some way to get it fixed for free/cheap.

Anyway...people that are dumb enough to pump hot air into anything electrical (or mix water with it) deserve everything they get. Seems to be a severe lack of common sense around at the moment.

He pressed it into the lens and windex leaked in around the plastic outer lens cover. I saw the device before and after so I knew it was working before hand. Whenever you initiated the camera it would have a real bright glare and you couldn't make anything out. When the guy came in and tld me it was broke I asked what he did then was like "No, you didn't?" then kind of laughed. The best thing to use on lens for cameras I've always recommended were lint free cloths or tissues that don't have a lotion product in them like many Kleenex or Puffs products.

TheLazyWolf
08-27-2007, 07:07 AM
While i do feel a little bad for the guy, you should just think of it as doing a service for the rest of us. You know someone like this is the guy still shooting at his teammates in the 4th round in GoW or trying to kill his teammates with the katana for bleed outs in shadowrun.

Marx0r
08-27-2007, 08:19 AM
This is, bar none, the funniest Xbox-related thing I've ever seen. Either this guy is trying to scam you, or he's too stupid to own an Xbox and you've done a service to us all. Either way, I commend you and what you should do is just forget about the whole thing and let the douchebag call up Microsoft and tell him what he did. When you hear Indians laughing, you'll know he did it.

druminfected
08-27-2007, 08:41 AM
at least you fessed up to it and your honest but the only thing you should really do is just vouch for him when he calls up MS saying how dumb he was doing this and following your advice. if you have evidence of this, maybe he can get it repaired for free. That's as far as I would go with it.

cents
cents

Clipse 2
08-27-2007, 09:21 AM
at least you fessed up to it and your honest but the only thing you should really do is just vouch for him when he calls up MS saying how dumb he was doing this and following your advice. if you have evidence of this, maybe he can get it repaired for free. That's as far as I would go with it.

cents
cents

Blunt shouldn't vouch for anyone and no one should mention this to MS. If you call up saying "Yeah I wrapped my console up in a towel because someone told me it will flash pretty red lights." they're more than likely not going to cover it. The warranty will cover for normal usage hardware failure but not neglect I'm sure.

Bluntman428
08-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Either this guy is trying to scam you, or he's too stupid to own an Xbox and you've done a service to us all.

I don't think it's a scam. He sent a message to my YouTube account, and I don't think anyone would go that far with it.

I decided to let natural selection run its course. If he's too dumb to read the video's title "My Third DEAD Xbox 360 ft. The Ring of DEATH", then chances are I did him a favor. He should be reading books, not playing videogames.

Marx0r
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't think it's a scam. He sent a message to my YouTube account, and I don't think anyone would go that far with it.

I decided to let natural selection run its course. If he's too dumb to read the video's title "My Third DEAD Xbox 360 ft. The Ring of DEATH", then chances are I did him a favor. He should be reading books, not playing videogames.

I think this topic needs to be renamed to "Some Douchebag broke his 360, and I'm remotely involved" :woop:

Lunacy182
08-27-2007, 12:39 PM
After reading the comments I don't see how this is your fault. He just asked how you got that "mod". You never lied to him or told him false info. You told him exactly how to get it. I'm sure he has the "mod" working for himself by now.

Justicezero
08-27-2007, 01:00 PM
The guy posted a comment asking "how I got that mod", I assumed he was kidding.

This is like the video a long time ago for Counter-Strike, when the kid wanted to find CS hacks to pwn nubs and then he gets a virus and screams and cries..because he was stupid and the file he DL'ed was a .exe from a shady site. People who don't know what they are doing and try and mod/hack, deserve what they get.

|oneyedNewb|
08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
LOL!, nice stuff here bluntman i couldn't stop laughing.

codedigital
08-27-2007, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't be concerned. It's people like this kid who shouldn't BUY things.

He could be an idiot and is joking with you too. You never know.

Bluntman428
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
This is like the video a long time ago for Counter-Strike, when the kid wanted to find CS hacks to pwn nubs and then he gets a virus and screams and cries..because he was stupid and the file he DL'ed was a .exe from a shady site. People who don't know what they are doing and try and mod/hack, deserve what they get.

LOL, I remember that video. Classic.

That one was staged though.

This is just human stupidity at its finest. ;)

I felt pretty terrible at first, but with time I've come to realize that it ain't really my fault. He was dumb enough to do that, so it's his problem. Why in the hell would you ever purposely heat up an electrical product based on info someone gave you in a YouTube comment? Shit, if I was even going to think about it, I'd google it first to make sure it was real.

This one qualifies for a Darwin Award methinks.

And in response to some people saying I should vouch for him...not a chance. If I admit to purposely breaking his 360, I open myself up to a lawsuit, which is the dumbest members of society's first answer to anything. On top of that, I'm not calling Microsoft to tell them about it, since I have my own 360 in their repair center right now. Not taking any chances on them trying to screw me over. I may tell him to call MS and not mention why his console broke, but that's as far as I'll go.

Apocobring
08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
This reminds me of a video one of my friends showed me. It was a video chat room of a girl who was asking for computer help. The last thing we heard her say was "OK - magnets are on the CPU now, we're adding the water now to cool it off."

I couldn't decide whether to feel like an awful person or laugh really hard. When it comes to matters of human stupidity, I usually side towards laughter.

austin rules
08-27-2007, 11:21 PM
This reminds me of a video one of my friends showed me. It was a video chat room of a girl who was asking for computer help. The last thing we heard her say was "OK - magnets are on the CPU now, we're adding the water now to cool it off."

I couldn't decide whether to feel like an awful person or laugh really hard. When it comes to matters of human stupidity, I usually side towards laughter.
lol what a freaking dumb ass!!!

Marx0r
08-28-2007, 06:14 AM
And in response to some people saying I should vouch for him...not a chance. If I admit to purposely breaking his 360, I open myself up to a lawsuit, which is the dumbest members of society's first answer to anything. On top of that, I'm not calling Microsoft to tell them about it, since I have my own 360 in their repair center right now. Not taking any chances on them trying to screw me over. I may tell him to call MS and not mention why his console broke, but that's as far as I'll go.

Forgetting the fact that you're clearly not at fault, I really don't think you're at risk for a lawsuit, being that you probably live a significant distance apart and that it's only $400. I wouldn't take the chance anyway, though, as I've found stupid kids tend to have the type of asshole parents that would sue over something like this. But you talk about not admitting guilt, and in this thread, you've already admitted (in so many words) to breaking the 360. If you're concerned about getting sued, you should fix that.

In fact, the only thing so far I thought was unfortunate or messed up was the fact you actually felt bad for however little time.

yoyojovan
08-28-2007, 07:11 AM
wow that sucks alot

Clipse 2
08-29-2007, 03:11 AM
LOL, Lock this thread down.

I messaged the guy on Youtube who supposedly did this. He knew what was up and didn't actually do it, he was just messing around so Bluntman didn't contribute in breaking anyone's console.

Bluntman428
08-29-2007, 10:47 AM
LOL, Lock this thread down.

I messaged the guy on Youtube who supposedly did this. He knew what was up and didn't actually do it, he was just messing around so Bluntman didn't contribute in breaking anyone's console.

Ha, what a tool. Who goes through that much trouble for pretty much nothing?

Someone with a corny ass name like GTAis2Cool, that's who. I'll be having some words with him. ;)

Go ahead and lock this down, kinda pointless now. Was worth a few good laughs while it lasted though. :p

TimmayTheTurtle
08-29-2007, 01:51 PM
dude thats guys retarded why would he actually believe that. i mean its funny that you told him, but would actually go through with it believing it would be a mod!?!?!

thats not possible to get a mod like that!

i feel bad for the guy too
but...
his fault for being fuckin retarded:(

S1D1OUS
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Dude that guy is a serious fool for thinking that was a mod. Let the idiot sort it himself!

Bullet2theface
08-29-2007, 07:17 PM
LOL @ Comments!

Jdm
08-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Ha, what a tool. Who goes through that much trouble for pretty much nothing?

Someone with a corny ass name like GTAis2Cool, that's who. I'll be having some words with him. ;)

Go ahead and lock this down, kinda pointless now. Was worth a few good laughs while it lasted though. :p

It's all good, Blunt.

Forget about it and come back to us intelligent people at x360a.;)

Seriously, what a dumb@$$ he is.:p