PDA

View Full Version : Fucking gold medals.

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Honestly. What were they thinking with this crap? I just spent like 20 minutes playing the Sled Race over and over so I could get the right buffs from the Inner Board. Finally have my 6x multiplier that won't drop if I get hit and I load up the first level. I kill everything and get the 6x going very fast, and I pick up as much gold as the greedy, bastard AI will let me pick up without them hogging it or standing in the way.

I ended up with LESS of a score than when I just did a 5x multiplier run with no Inner Board upgrades! What the fuck? What the fuck!

My point is, can someone who's further along post some tangible tips on this crap before I fly to wherever Lionhead is and slap somebody?

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Is this game kidding me? I finally met the requirement for gold throughout the level and all I needed was the push from killing the boss...which of course meant that the boss did not drop a single coin whatsoever and I was like 1000 short. God damn it!

XxStuartxX 1990
05-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Honestly I'm pretty sure the medals are glitched or something, since I got 39k on Dark Bowerstone (37K required for gold), and I still only have a silver medal floating above level select:confused:.

And I recently checked the leaderboards, and non of the top ten players have the achievement for all gold medals, I know its only been out a day but there is usually atleast a few people who blitz it and complete it crazy quick.

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 12:33 PM
That's weird about your Bowerstone medal but the reason no one has the achievement is because The Cloud level is still locked. But, yeah, I think you're right in that there's some weird glitching going on here. The rest of the game is joke-easy and obviously meant to be playable by the whole family, so why are the gold medals so ruthlessly harsh and furiously competetive? It doesn't gel with the rest of the game.

Anyway, I found ways to make getting the gold likelier, but it still all boils down to stupid luck.

- Play on Challenging for a few extra coins. Doesn't seem to be much but it's something.
- Make all your AI characters gun/magic users to keep them away from the loot.
- I feel like either getting permanent invisibility (meaning enemies don't attack you when you run ahead of your gun users) or 6X doesn't matter, but you need one of the two. Both probably guarantees the gold.

Even with that, I just failed a gold by 70 coins. 70 fucking coins, because an AI player randomly got those coins from the boss and I didn't. This is such a stupid achievement.

erico360
05-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Honestly I'm pretty sure the medals are glitched or something, since I got 39k on Dark Bowerstone (37K required for gold), and I still only have a silver medal floating above level select:confused:.

And I recently checked the leaderboards, and non of the top ten players have the achievement for all gold medals, I know its only been out a day but there is usually atleast a few people who blitz it and complete it crazy quick.
all levels mean the cloud to which is not available yet.

Anyone tried with 4 controllers?

erico360
05-03-2012, 01:30 PM
ok sorry for double post but i found a great tip I have 3 characters with no abilites and i don't roll for abilities for them this gives you more kill coins and bosses take longer so more hit coins.

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 04:54 PM
ok sorry for double post but i found a great tip I have 3 characters with no abilites and i don't roll for abilities for them this gives you more kill coins and bosses take longer so more hit coins.That's a good idea but it kinda requires you to know it before you start the game... The best setup is to have 3 unleveled gun/magic guys. The problem with your AI buddies isn't that they kill the enemies, but the fact that their melee weapons means they're right on the money when it drops and they end up stealing it.

I'm just going to drop this and wait for someone to come up with a good method or for Lionhead to notice that something's just wrong with the gold medals.

erico360
05-03-2012, 04:55 PM
That's a good idea but it kinda requires you to know it before you start the game... The best setup is to have 3 unleveled gun/magic guys. The problem with your AI buddies isn't that they kill the enemies, but the fact that their melee weapons means they're right on the money when it drops and they end up stealing it.

I'm just going to drop this and wait for someone to come up with a good method or for Lionhead to notice that something's just wrong with the gold medals.
it works really well with me and now im in a gold streak with 5 tosses everytime I get the good abilities every time.

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 05:05 PM
it works really well with me and now im in a gold streak with 5 tosses everytime I get the good abilities every time.That's nice but you know that's just luck though. Fuck luck achievements.

erico360
05-03-2012, 05:32 PM
That's nice but you know that's just luck though. Fuck luck achievements.
last fable arcade was all about luck

Mr Yac
05-03-2012, 05:45 PM
last fable arcade was all about luck

but that one was a gambling game, not quite the same comparrison

xhunterrrr
05-03-2012, 05:46 PM
That's a good idea but it kinda requires you to know it before you start the game... The best setup is to have 3 unleveled gun/magic guys. The problem with your AI buddies isn't that they kill the enemies, but the fact that their melee weapons means they're right on the money when it drops and they end up stealing it.

You can always reset your characters if you aren't that far with them.

Also, which character would you recommend when going for gold?

IC3 L3G3ND
05-03-2012, 06:31 PM
You can always reset your characters if you aren't that far with them.

Also, which character would you recommend when going for gold?

I recommend garth, high fire rate when maxxed out, plent of damage and easy to avoid being hit, i racked up 3 times the gold requirement on a few levels now

x Jameooooooooo
05-03-2012, 07:13 PM
i cant get the hobbs caves gold :/

IC3 L3G3ND
05-03-2012, 07:19 PM
i cant get the hobbs caves gold :/

Im sure you get like 15k gold for that level if you go the mine cart way

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I recommend garth, high fire rate when maxxed out, plent of damage and easy to avoid being hit, i racked up 3 times the gold requirement on a few levels nowCan you post your exact method and help us out, though? I can't even get gold on level 1! Three times I've been 500-70 coins off now and I'm getting sick of trying...but people are posting they're getting DOUBLE the requirement and I'm like WTF :confused:

tripleb2k
05-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Can you post your exact method and help us out, though? I can't even get gold on level 1! Three times I've been 500-70 coins off now and I'm getting sick of trying...but people are posting they're getting DOUBLE the requirement and I'm like WTF :confused:

1) are you using a fully leveled character and using the inter tiles (gold magnet, etc)?
2) are you allies lower levels than you?
3) are you rolling away and keeping your multiplier up?

you've probably considered those 3 options but that's the key. I'm having difficulty too getting some of the later levels but if you can use a maxed character, it will go along way! smash boxes, hit enemies than pick up their coins. no real tricks, just patience and a little luck at first.

xhunterrrr
05-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I recommend garth, high fire rate when maxxed out, plent of damage and easy to avoid being hit, i racked up 3 times the gold requirement on a few levels now

Garth it is! Thanks!

What do you make your AI characters to help keep them from picking up a lot of coins?

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Yes to all except 2; my allies are not lower level but they're all gun/magic users. My idea is that they can help me kill, as I don't need to kill everything to keep the multiplier up, and them being ranged means they're not close enough to steal the money from me.

Can I reset specific characters? I like my maxed Hero.

IC3 L3G3ND
05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Can you post your exact method and help us out, though? I can't even get gold on level 1! Three times I've been 500-70 coins off now and I'm getting sick of trying...but people are posting they're getting DOUBLE the requirement and I'm like WTF :confused:

Easy way is play the first level and go for as much gold as possible, after this you should have 3-4 Dice Roll.

You should also have a maxxed out character
You should roll and get some inner board perks
Mainly your looking to not lose you Multiplier if hit and +1 to the multiplier max
Others that will help is the gold automatically coming to you and also being invisible if you miss out on not losing multiplies

I use Garth as main so i rarely get hit anyway.

I use 3 AI characters who do not have any upgrades or at least not many

I recommend going with the boss route on every level except Hobbe Cave as im sure you get more if you finish first which is very easy to do

Also make sure to open all chest and shoot all barrels/presents that provide more gold coins

You should have4-5 dice after every level once you have done your first gold so getting the right stuff on the inner board should be relatively guaranteed

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys, but I just don't get it. This isn't my first rodeo in a multiplier/score-based game so, of course, I'm keeping my multiplier up and picking up everything I possibly can, but my best score is still 70 coins short of gold. What piece am I missing to get something insane like double the required score?

I think one of my gun guys is basically maxed out so I could make a run with my gun guy and my 3 least-leveled characters to see if that helps, but I'm thinking something's still missing for me.

IC3 L3G3ND
05-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Just for reassurance at least 2 people have maxxed the game now over on TA

IC3 L3G3ND
05-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Also you might wanna look at editing your first post and changing the name of the thread, this is a family game and some people might not like to see profanity, although i don't mind it but it's just a thought

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 07:47 PM
How about difficulty, guys? I'm using challenging but neither of you mentioned it, are you doing normal to make maintaining the multiplier easier?

Also you might wanna look at editing your first post and changing the name of the thread, this is a family game and some people might not like to see profanity, although i don't mind it but it's just a thoughtI see where you're coming from but this is pretty much an adult forum. I'd edit if we were on Xbox.com or something where it's more likely that there are kids.

IC3 L3G3ND
05-03-2012, 07:53 PM
I have been doing it on normal, some levels don't leave much room for error but others are just busting gold out.

Does challenging even make a difference to the amount of gold?

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I feel like it makes a very minor difference. Like maybe you'll get 1000 more per level. I might be wrong though.

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Yes! Your tips of using a ranged character is what was missing! I have no idea why, but I'm just making several thousand less per stage using Hero even though I'm all up in the enemies face and grabbing every single coin that drops. This time, I used Reaver and three other ranged characters and I got 5000 over the gold limit without even trying.

It's so weird... Getting the 6X going with Reaver took almost twice as long as getting it with Hero, but I'm still finishing level 1 with much more money than I got with Hero. That doesn't make any sense! I'd have 6X by the first bunch of hobbes with Hero, with Reaver it took several mobs longer before I had it, but yeah, I still got the gold with ease. I could even tell from just the coins on the level; it was visibly much more than what would drop when I used Hero. Oh well, I guess I'll just use Reaver now!

tripleb2k
05-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Going for kills rather than the coins they drop also helps! You'll earn more by getting kills rather than run into the middle of a fight and pick up coins. I did that for a bit and quickly realized it wasn't paying off.

DROGTURIST
05-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Yep, standing back with Garth and killing everything, then going for the gold and not caring if half of it fades away, seems to be the method. I figured out why that doesn't work with a melee character; they can't really instakill! Your AI guys get a few hits in and that confuses the game as to which character's money buff should be active for the kill. Wrecking everything with Garth means more money drops and it means less if you miss a few.

Also, know what's incredibly annoying? Having a guaranteed gold but losing it because one of your AI buddies refused to enter that little circle thing that takes you to the minigame or the boss. I even tried physically pushing his stupid ass into the circle but he just would not go there until my multiplier had dropped to 2x. It's easier to pull the golds off now, but this is still an annoying and stupid achievement!

erico360
05-03-2012, 09:19 PM
need the last 3 still. going to to them tommorow this is an easy achievement.

IC3 L3G3ND
05-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I have now done all gold medals in albion and have not done any dark yet except the credits.

I found personally that having +1 multiplier and the gold coming to me automatically is by fast the best combination, anything else is just a bonus and is not necessary. Having invis or not losing multiplier will help if you do get hit but if you use garth you prob wont get touched.

Also def go for the boss route every time as your not guaranteed to win the races and only get 5000 gold max not sure if thats more on dark albion

DROGTURIST
05-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Minigames are 10,000 in Dark Albion and on some levels, the boss doesn't give shit for gold. I can't get gold on Hobbe Caves right now because the boss yields like 1000 coins.

But there's a new problem. I just scored 150,000 on the dark The Cloud, which is 60,000 above the requirement, and I'm looking at a shiny, stupid, shitty silver medal. Fuck this game.

tripleb2k
05-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Minigames are 10,000 in Dark Albion and on some levels, the boss doesn't give shit for gold. I can't get gold on Hobbe Caves right now because the boss yields like 1000 coins.

But there's a new problem. I just scored 150,000 on the dark The Cloud, which is 60,000 above the requirement, and I'm looking at a shiny, stupid, shitty silver medal. Fuck this game.

I've come across the same problem. I'm not impressed.

DROGTURIST
05-04-2012, 01:11 AM
I have it on every dark level I've completed.

It better be because the gold texture they used is pretty faint and the darkness is obscuring it. Otherwise I'm going to burn this game onto a disc just so I can snap it in half.

Hexahedronaut
05-04-2012, 01:11 AM
yep im done with this game just finished the cloud gold requirement- my last gold needed - and nothing no jeev for me :(

edit. nevermind figured it out

xhunterrrr
05-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Either they completely messed up the coloring in Dark Albion or the medals are botched. I just got 178k on The Credits in Dark Albion. The medal looks silver, but my score was over 100k more than needed for gold.

tripleb2k
05-04-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm pretty sure the colours are botched because I have 175889 on the dark credits and its showing 'silver.'
Browse through the leaderboards (RT and LT) to see your scores on levels and go from that. I haven't unlocked Gold so I'm not confirming anything. Just an assumption and a way to tell which level is complete.

xhunterrrr
05-04-2012, 03:45 AM
All I have left for all gold medals are The Cloud, Dark Mistpeak, The Dark Cloud, Dark Hobbe Caves, and Dark Aurora. I haven't gotten around to the three that are available, but they should be just as simple as the rest. Can't wait for The Cloud/The Dark Cloud to unlock again.

EDIT: Just The Cloud and The Dark Cloud remain!

erico360
05-04-2012, 08:09 AM
all my dark albion medals look silver to me but still i've got the achievement

DROGTURIST
05-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I found a very sweet little tip for this achievement... Not sure if it's obvious and everyone already knows about it, but what I found out was that if you restart or quit level, you keep your Inner Board perks. They only go away when you finish a level and see your characters standing on the prize podium thing.

This means you can do some nice little things:
- Start over on the same level if you were just a few hundred coins short of the gold.
- Leave and play another level if you find that the level you're playing is too easy with the perks you have (so you can use the perks on a level tha tactually needs them).
- "Scout" levels to see how hard they are with various perks from Inner Board, without wasting the time. If you don't gold the level you're "scouting," just quit and do one you think you can do with the perks you have.

all my dark albion medals look silver to me but still i've got the achievementGood to know that they just fucked up the colors!

tripleb2k
05-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Did it! God gold on all levels and all 400G! Thank christ.
Cheers to everyone for their input and tips on how to get Gold! It works!

Vampire Amaya
05-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I think maybe that the game might have like hidden platinum medals or something. I got 98k on one of the Dark Albion levels (not sure which, but the requirement for gold was 70k), and the medal is silver in colour, but when I look at a level I got silver in, the actual silver medal looks tattered whereas the other looks in pristine condition.

Just a thought..

xhunterrrr
05-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I think maybe that the game might have like hidden platinum medals or something. I got 98k on one of the Dark Albion levels (not sure which, but the requirement for gold was 70k), and the medal is silver in colour, but when I look at a level I got silver in, the actual silver medal looks tattered whereas the other looks in pristine condition.

Just a thought..

I highly doubt it. I only have gold on all the non-dark levels despite being waaaaaaay over the gold requirement.

pasnake
05-05-2012, 10:25 PM
for the medals in gold, is the cloud in gold necessary? I do not LIVE

Thank you

bren7se
05-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Is there anyway to reset individual characters? Most of mine are upgraded and too powerful to do co op with, they just destroy stuff too fast :/

Nozza XBA
05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
I've working on the best route to take on the Cloud Light level for maximum points and I feel this is it below. It'll take you down the routes which will either have loads of tiny enemies for quick kills or normal sized but strong, so you can keep that multiplier up and get the bonus more as they take more hits.

Also make sure you have the necessary perks. I'll work on the Dark version soon.

Start > Left > Left > Right > Right > Right > Right > Centre

Here's what you'll encounter and what else you can do;

Start: 3 Gold Flowers
Left: Fences, 2 Gold Flowers, Chest, 2x Tiny Balverines Waves and Barrels
Left: 2x Hollow Hobbes Waves, Barrels and Chest
Right: 2x Hobbes Waves, Presents and Chest
Right: Chest, 2x Tiny Guardians Waves and Barrels
Right: Gold Flower., Chest, 2x Tiny Mechs Waves, 1x Mech Wave, 1x Large Mech Wave and Crates
Right: 1x Guardians Wave, Vases Chest and Gold Flower
Centre: Gold Flower, Infinite Chests and Final Fight.

xhunterrrr
05-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Is there anyway to reset individual characters? Most of mine are upgraded and too powerful to do co op with, they just destroy stuff too fast :/

You can only reset all characters. Word of warning, resetting characters causes unlocked characters to lock again.

I've working on the best route to take on the Cloud Light level for maximum points and I feel this is it below. It'll take you down the routes which will either have loads of tiny enemies for quick kills or normal sized but strong, so you can keep that multiplier up and get the bonus more as they take more hits.

Also make sure you have the necessary perks. I'll work on the Dark version soon.

Right: Gold Flower., Chest, 2x Tiny Mechs Waves, 1x Mech Wave, 1x Large Mech Wave and Crates

Honestly, the gold flowers aren't worth it.

Also, I went right the entire way and made it with plenty of gold.

Nozza XBA
05-07-2012, 03:32 PM
You can only reset all characters. Word of warning, resetting characters causes unlocked characters to lock again.

Honestly, the gold flowers aren't worth it.

Also, I went the entire way and made it with plenty of gold.

It's definitely worth it if your AI partners are powered up a bit and you don't have the x6 perk. I was just getting 5K over without it and that was with me grabbing all the little things along the ways.

So it's well worth taking those routes to gain maximum bonus and coins and not having to start over again. Some people maybe luck with another route but the one I feel I've put up above is pretty solid.

WoodsMonk
05-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Finally all gold medals!

DROGTURIST
05-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Honestly, the gold flowers aren't worth it.I feel like anything besides enemies is worth ignoring. I rarely smashed barrells and never opened chests (in case they gave me a Hobbe disguise or some shit) when I got my golds.

Nozza XBA
05-08-2012, 08:24 AM
The only reason I mentioned them was because they keep your multiplier up. The problem I faced on the Cloud when not smashing the barrels was that when I went to the teleporter, my AI partners would hold back to destroy them and do it at a very slow pace.

So with them doing that, I was just waiting there for them while my x5/6 multiplier was doing down by the second while they took their time breaking the barrels.

So grabbing the gold flowers or destroying the fences, barrels or presents etc is really helpful in keeping you multiplier up while you make your way to the next section of enemies.

Mobster
05-13-2012, 06:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-w233olNhw

ShazamFTW
05-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I really thought I read the method on this board somewhere, but I couldn't find it to come praise it, so I'll just state it here, but this is an ironclad way to hit all gold medals on single player.

*Reset your characters. Not your levels, just your characters.
*Suffer through the Dark Credits once to unlock Jack of Spades.
*Do not unlock any abilities for anyone on the game board that isn't Jack of Spades. Have Hammer unlock her secret character when possible. (Can't remember his name), then run with that guy, Garth, and Reaver.

Once you have all the outer tiles done for Jack, you can just crush the gold numbers for each level, and since the other people aren't leveled, they don't get in the way too much, and they're all ranged, so they don't get mired in your coins.

I had no problem whatsoever with any of the levels, and 2/3 of them I didn't have the magnet nor extra multiplier. Of course, when I did, super easy.

mrj3d
05-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Hmm that's interesting. I really haven't tried getting the golds yet but that sounds like a great strategy.

sxylou123
05-17-2012, 03:24 PM

Got me my final gold...thanks! Good strategy :)

Whispin627
07-18-2012, 01:52 AM
It's hard to tell the diff between gold, silver, etc medals in dark Albion. I've seen some people say to write down what levels you got gold on but you could just check your leaderboard to see your highest gold score on each level. I'm sure most of you already knew that, but I thought it might be worth mentioning. :)

Also, I think the Cloud level is a pain in the arse. Has anyone confirmed if always taking the right hand cullisgate is the best method (seen a lot of other posts on that too)?

Bahaumaut
07-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Biggest things I found that really help for gold:

Obviously, maxing out your character to raise the max multiplier and the gold bonus. The extra damage you do is also important, as is speed. You not only get gold from picking up what enemies drop, but attacking and harming enemies also gives you gold, multiplied by the multiplier. The quicker you can kill and prevent your AI 'buddies' from harming enemies, the more gold you're given. I think this is one thing people may be missing; they may boost all the puppets to max, which then do more damage, which then take away from the gold you could be earning yourself.

On the above note, running into a group of enemies and using your area attack will generally give you a lot of gold, especially if you kill several. The more you kill, the bigger the boost to your multiplier, as well.

Keep up the multiplier. Multiplier bar only rises when you kill an enemy. This is why the Area Attack is quite useful. If you don't land the killing blow, you don't get the benefit. Also, I *think* that the bar stabilizes only when you do something that gives gold. Shooting a fence that gives a heart doesn't seem to reset the timer, but other things like the Coin Cloud or running over a Gold Flower, which both drop coins, seems to stop it. The Cloud also works for all players, as well.

Perks. The best two are +1x and the coin magnet. However, +speed and +damage are also great, as well as the larger Area Attack effect. They allow you to fight faster and do more damage, thus claiming a larger share of the enemy harm/kill bounty even before gold drops from the corpses.

Others may have some other ideas, but you've got to keep your multiplier up, keep it steady, grab gold where you can, and do your darndest to kill off enemies faster than your partners.