PDA

View Full Version : Is DLC possible?

tarheeltay
08-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone's heard anything about downloadable content, i think it would be cool, though i don't know what they could add. The games losing some of it's fun since it can be played through in a day, and it's pretty much the same every time, i think if they added anything it would at least get me to play the game more.

Night45Fox
08-27-2007, 07:52 AM
ive heard from gamespot.com that they are supposed to offer new plasmids and tonics, but other than that i havent heard when or what

twelve
08-27-2007, 07:59 AM
It hasn't even been out for a week. It's a bit soon for DLC.

But it does say "Content Download" on the box. They may well make some half-assed multiplayer DLC and add 250 achievements for multiplayer. Other than that there isn't really much they can do for DLC, new plasmids and tonics are hardly going to add replay value.

The Pants Party
08-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Pretty much every game says Content Download on the box, I don't think that means anything. I'd hate to see them force extra stuff in this game, since it's already perfect. If they added points to it, they'd have to add more storyline, which they really can't do. I honestly don't want to see any DLC, I'm very happy with the way it already is.

Graham31004
08-27-2007, 09:12 AM
I agree with Pants. The time they spent on this game is well reflected in the storyline/game. I want to play it again to better understand the story almost like watching a movie or reading a book for the second time. I am perfectly fine with it not having multiplayer and just being a solo campaign. Would it be better w/ multiplayer? Sure, but this game is a top notch game in every aspect, they could never add anything else and i'd be happy.

MadJax
08-27-2007, 11:48 AM
To be honest, downloading new plasmids and tonics is quite a good idea. That way if we want to play through it again (Which I inveriably will, already on my second playthrough) we can try out new ways of smacking splicers. ;)

ThrillKillBill
08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
On alot of games the "content download" simply means you can download themes and gamer pics. We will have to see if they make anything new for the game but having seen one of the 2 endings..... well it'll be a little hard for them to put in DLC that makes sense with the story ;)

robertfee
08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
On alot of games the "content download" simply means you can download themes and gamer pics. We will have to see if they make anything new for the game but having seen one of the 2 endings..... well it'll be a little hard for them to put in DLC that makes sense with the story ;)

agreed, you don't take the mona lisa and add a goatee on it.

I Rickz I
08-27-2007, 09:35 PM
New plasmids/tonice would certainly be cool

narcolepticshee
08-27-2007, 10:20 PM
I dunno. More plasmids/weapons wouldn't really give me an incentive to download it/play through again. I'd need more achievements or an extra small story or something worthwhile. (Unless the plasmids are REALLY cool)

Peace

ThrillKillBill
08-27-2007, 10:47 PM
it'd be interesting to play a character before the plane crash........ during the downfall and all but that seems more like a new game and not a DLC story chap

russell1190
08-28-2007, 05:58 AM
i think that the only thing they can do is add achievements

MrEastSide
08-28-2007, 06:50 AM
I don't know why people think they can't make some new areas, monsters and weapons. All they have to do is make the story continue off the end of the game and add some new areas. Certainly not hard to do. Will they? Probably not, but it's not hard at all.

M7.Ninja
08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I think they can throw in additional areas in Rapture as DLC. I doubt we've gone halfway across all of Rapture anyway. Go back to the descend at the beginning of the game and take a look at the city. Do you think the game takes you absolutely everywhere in it?

Me neither.

SadisticHam
08-28-2007, 05:01 PM
An expansion pack would be awesome, i'd buy it for sure.

But i really REALLY could never see it happening.

III SS III
08-28-2007, 05:07 PM
it'd be interesting to play a character before the plane crash........ during the downfall and all but that seems more like a new game and not a DLC story chap
totally agree...if anything a prequel would be great...but probably unlikely

III SS III
08-28-2007, 05:08 PM
agreed, you don't take the mona lisa and add a goatee on it.
lol priceless

WalkingFumble
08-28-2007, 05:34 PM
quote from an interview with Ken Levine, President and Creative Director at Irrational Games, in OXM: "Nothing's announced, but Livine sited the game's numerous tools, hinting, "I much prefer the notion of an add-in rather than an add-on"".

to me, that means no extra levels or online content (adding on), but extra weapons/enemies/plasmids/tonics (adding in)

ThrillKillBill
08-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Friend III SS III, next to the quote button is a multi button...... that button allows you to quote more then one person in the same thread so you don't double-post.........

Watch out for Mr. Fibble, he's a mean cuss when he sees double-posts. ;)

graf1k
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't expect anything major. Some interview I read with Ken Levine recently he said Irrational/2K Boston/Australia is already working on their next game, so I kind of doubt they are going to be releasing any massive expansion packs or anything like that.