PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Xbox Swag we deserve

druminfected
08-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Hello all, I'm fairly new to the forums partly because of recent addiction to adding more and more points to my GS. The main reason that got me all interested in obtaining more points was a kewl little swag jacket I seen someone get from MS. (pretty sure it was MS) The jacket had the persons gamertag on the front and a xbox 360 logo on the back. If I had my gamertag on any kind of clothing, I would not be hesitant to wear it in public.

So my 1 achievement point question is; how many gamerscore points to do you have to acquire, before MS starts to give you any swag. I'm sure they start off giving you something simple, like a postcard that says keep it up!, or a xbox pin and pencil, but I was just curious as to what score you need to have before they start being generous.

I think if they started giving swag out for points you would get a lot more people ( people like me) that would like to get in on the GS competition on collecting as much points as you can for your gamertag.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this and any feedback is welcome! Bring it!

twelve
08-27-2007, 08:54 AM
MS don't give out "swag" for GS.

The only purpose of GS is to compare against your friends.

The guy with the T-Shirt most likely got it printed himself.

JJBDude
08-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah like what has already been said, the person probably printed that out himself.

There was a small competition a few months ago where gamers in America got the chance to win Fusion Frenzy 2 (Xbox 360 game) if they got a 1000 gamerscore really quickly (I think), that was cool but Microsoft haven't done anything like that since. :(

twelve
08-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah like what has already been said, the person probably printed that out himself.

There was a small competition a few months ago where gamers in America got the chance to win Fusion Frenzy 2 (Xbox 360 game) if they got a 1000 gamerscore really quickly (I think), that was cool but Microsoft haven't done anything like that since. :(
Yep that's about all they've done.

Of course it was only America tho because people outside America obviously don't play games. /sarcasm

Justicezero
08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Of course it was only America tho because people outside America obviously don't play games. /sarcasm

Haven't you heard? "IF you ain't RED WHITE & BLUE, you must never play halo-2" :woop:

teh x3nomorph
08-27-2007, 03:05 PM
I know that the Diamond card is kind of a reward esque program that allows you to get discounts and stuff at places for being a member of xbox live.

But chances are that guy just had it printed himself. When I used to be on a tourney team for Halo 2, I had a T-shirt with my gamertag on it, and people thought it was hella cool. But, if you get something printed yourself be careful about using the xbox logo and stuff, cause its copywrited.

Shaaady Souljah
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
if you get something printed yourself be careful about using the xbox logo and stuff, cause its copywrited.

also, be careful about using the word "hella". it may ruin the effects your shirt may have on others. :p

Justicezero
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
also, be careful about using the word "hella". it may ruin the effects your shirt may have on others. :p

"awww man that's hella cool, Stop saying HELLA CARTMAN!"

teh x3nomorph
08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
also, be careful about using the word "hella". it may ruin the effects your shirt may have on others. :p Its whats on the inside of my shirt that keeps people interested.

.... Zing!

Glyndinn
08-27-2007, 03:34 PM
It appears the Microsoft did indeed give out a jacket with someone's GT printed on it. I knew I remembered reading about this before, but I had to do a little searching to find it. Here's the link.

http://thexboxdomain.net/2007/03/31/check-out-deacons-gamertag-jacket/

Looks like they only gave one jacket out, and to an Xbox MVP (whatever that is).

http://i10.tinypic.com/4l5cv9e.jpghttp://i13.tinypic.com/673rodl.jpg

Scotian Bred
08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
This should not be allowed since it would only bring out more Gamesavers and people doing the wrong thing to boost thier score .. ..nuff said !!

Justicezero
08-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Just go to the store and get a LED Belt like all the thugs/gangsta's do...and have your gamer name on their or your current GS...like "GS 32133". Personalized gear looks/feels kind of lame unless it's done right imo.

twelve
08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
I know that the Diamond card is kind of a reward esque program that allows you to get discounts and stuff at places for being a member of xbox live.

But chances are that guy just had it printed himself. When I used to be on a tourney team for Halo 2, I had a T-shirt with my gamertag on it, and people thought it was hella cool. But, if you get something printed yourself be careful about using the xbox logo and stuff, cause its copywrited.
Diamond card was once again US only.

And I highly doubt MS are gonna come after you for using their logo on a t-shirt. Maybe if you go mass market and sell a shitload of them then they might get pissed off and slap a C&D your way.

Haven't you heard? "IF you ain't RED WHITE & BLUE, you must never play halo-2" :woop:
Fine by me. I've never been a Halo fan :p

VaRIABLE SoUL
08-27-2007, 07:24 PM
"awww man that's hella cool, Stop saying HELLA CARTMAN!"

"you're just hella jealous" :p

that shirt looks cool, i wish MS would hurry up and find a new sponsor for the Rewards Challenge

DaKing240
08-27-2007, 09:53 PM
They don't exist... your crazy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Devinadam/DSC00802.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Devinadam/DSC00803.jpg

Marx0r
08-27-2007, 10:18 PM
But, if you get something printed yourself be careful about using the xbox logo and stuff, cause its copywrited.

That's not a problem. I can only speak for U.S. laws, but if you're not selling it (and I think selling it at cost), copyright laws don't apply. It's only illegal if you're making money that they would otherwise make.

If you have a printer and make a bunch of jackets for your friends, who pay you for the cost of the materials, I severely doubt Microsoft will care or bother doing anything given the bad press that'll generate.

If you start customizing jackets and sell them at what could probably be a ridiculous profit in large numbers, then Microsoft will come down on you in a merciless hellfire.

Adam Miller
08-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Hmm and you have one...now im interested. How why where when?:confused:

druminfected
08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
It appears the Microsoft did indeed give out a jacket with someone's GT printed on it. I knew I remembered reading about this before, but I had to do a little searching to find it. Here's the link.

http://thexboxdomain.net/2007/03/31/check-out-deacons-gamertag-jacket/

Looks like they only gave one jacket out, and to an Xbox MVP (whatever that is).

http://i10.tinypic.com/4l5cv9e.jpghttp://i13.tinypic.com/673rodl.jpg

Thanks very much Glyndinn (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=11546) for doing the dirty work and finding this site/picture. I was just going to reply with this exact zip up shirt/jacket.

number uno This should not be allowed since it would only bring out more Gamesavers and people doing the wrong thing to boost thier score .. ..nuff said !!

Too late man, there's sites out there to buddy up with someone and just get GS points real quick. I just think this would be pretty sweet, usually points equal prizes. it would be a great incentive for people that work hard on getting there gamerscore up.

Adam Miller
08-28-2007, 03:51 PM
They will never do anything like this i dont think for everyone who hits a certain..number maybe if they do something good for microsoft like promotion or are famous and have a gamercard but King how did you get one if you did get one?

I want details :p

DaKing240
08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
I went to a Microsoft event, and said that I was part of one of the best Xbox sites on the web... I then got a jacket!

They aren't given our for achievements, or anything like that. You also can't purchase it.

teh x3nomorph
08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I went to a Microsoft event, and said that I was part of one of the best Xbox sites on the web... I then got a jacket!

They aren't given our for achievements, or anything like that. You also can't purchase it. Do you pimp that for all the ladies?

I wish I hadn't outgrown my shirt with my gamertag on it. :(

DaKing240
08-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Do you pimp that for all the ladies?

I wish I hadn't outgrown my shirt with my gamertag on it. :(

What can I say? The ladies love it... me, the ladies love me :D

HiddenPandas
08-29-2007, 03:46 AM
I appreciate the use of the term "swag".

WE MUST UNITE AND BRING THIS TERM BACK INTO COMMON USAGE!

Free Swag Plx.

teh x3nomorph
08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
What can I say? The ladies love it... me, the ladies love me :D I saw your no pants dance .. I know what you are capable of.

I used to have a shirt that said I play Halo naked.

I got asked one day, whats Halo and when are we going to play. Never wore that shirt again.

Skillet
08-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Hmm. Printed T-shirt. I once thought of making a shirt with my gamertag on the front...but I never did.

Jdm
08-30-2007, 01:40 AM
I wish M$ would do things like that for us! We all no it's not going to happen.:p

I do, however own a bunch of Xbox 360 T-shirts. My buddy at Gamecrazy always gives them to me. I've honestly never worn any of them. I also have the Old Spice shirt given out to the winners of the challenge a while back. Goodwill time!:woop: