PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to get black ops II

turf90
05-04-2012, 09:14 PM
I wanna hear your opinions of the new call of duty black ops II what do you thing zombies will be like and also the multiplayer

But the main question is will you get black ops II

ChickinOnaChain
05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I got the first one and sold it not long after. It was during the time when I got tired of shooter war games, so no, I won't be getting it.

As for MP and zombies...I never do MP and Dead Island is the only zombie game I have...and I haven't played it in MONTHS.

iBuzz7S
05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I will be pre-ordering the Hardened Edition when it becomes available.

I enjoy playing COD campaigns. Wasn't a fan of Black Ops', don't know if it matters that I only played it on PC, but I just couldn't get into the campaign. But the COD games I have played on 360, I have completed the campaigns on more than one occasion.

Pre-order for the Hardened Edition, if it does happen, will be in hope that it contains something similar to MW3 - COD: Elite. I complain that the online gets stale, but that's mainly due to not having additional maps.

Nathan WV10
05-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I'll be getting this just for the fact its call of duty. one of my favourite game series.

Rep
05-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I will be purchasing it just because Call of Duty is one of my favorite gaming franchises of all time. It doesn't mean I will enjoy it, though.

DOOKH8R
05-04-2012, 11:02 PM
But the main question is will you get black ops II

Nope. Played out

iBuzz7S
05-04-2012, 11:12 PM
I will be purchasing it just because Call of Duty is one of my favorite gaming franchises of all time. It doesn't mean I will enjoy it, though.
I admire your honesty. Even though you are a genuine fan of the Call of Duty franchise, you aren't blinded and you are mutual.

Some people have already planned how and when they will prestige, how they will spend prestige tokens (LOL?) and how long they will take off school/work to try and get #1 on the leaderboard(s).

EMP
05-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Of course I will get the game. I'll probably get the game and play the Campaign, rack up a couple of achievements (perhaps the 1000), play a little MP with friends. Then I'll go play another game and come back to it every one and a while. I used to be one of the BIGGEST COD FANS with a 4 W/L and a 3 K/D, but I've grown a hell of a lot of cod fatigue over the years, so I stay away from shooter now ala COD, BF type games. Recently started getting back into Gears... gotta get the DLC maybe soon.

Coadster1
05-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Yes, of course. I'm 10th Prestige on all the others, and have a great time playing with my friends for like the first month or two, though I'll be undecided about MP until I get more info and actually play it myself. But regardless, I will play the campaign, Zombies, etc. and complete it, as I have all the others. They are usually easy to complete, so I expect this one to be the same.

HugTheBear
05-05-2012, 01:13 AM
I prefer Treyarch games, so yes I will be getting it. If this game is even half as bad as MW3 it will be my last CoD purchase.

Stubbs 1993
05-05-2012, 01:43 AM
I have already pre-ordering the Standard Edition and may upgrade to the Hardened Edition when it becomes available depending on what it comes with, I enjoy playing the COD campaigns and multiplayer and was a massive fan of the first Black Ops.

I have all of the COD's, and have completed there campaigns numerous times and I will be looking forward to the new story as it is set to follow on from the first, I also loved the plot twist's in the original and I will also be looking forward to seeing more of the plot twists that will be coming to the next game, considering the story is being wrote by the same guy who wrote the character of Joker in Batman The Dark Knight.

If I do decide to change my pre-order to the Hardened Edition, I hope it will have something that is similar to MW3 such as a extension to my COD Elite membership.

I am beginning to get annoyed with the multiplayer as each year it is too similar, however maybe this change of time setting can change things up, because they will be able to experiment and add a new twist to the online experience that needs some sprucing up, But this series definitely needs a new game engine to keep it looking fresh as you can easily tell that the game engine is showing its signs of age.

Lord of Fate
05-05-2012, 11:16 AM
I won't be buying this game, probably not even months after release when it is cheaper.

I would say I am a big fan of the series, but I was never a fan of the zombies addition and tbh the fact that they made a Modern Warfare 2 was cool because the first one was awesome, but MW3 was unnecessary and I'd have to agree with the large group of people who think CoD is just the same thing every year. I was surprised that they made a MW3 (which I don't hate the game, but damn make something new ffs), and I laughed at the rumors that a Black Ops 2 was coming out! (the first one was shit, but I did love the campaign better than any other CoD) But surely enough it is! Okay okay so not only are they making another Black Ops 2 but it's in the future? I was a total fan of the series maybe doing a true Vietnam War game or a Korean War or Gulf/Iraq War one....and I thought attempting a modern setting was risky enough, but now the future? All I can say is wtf and I will not be buying it at all.

Reason? It's the same shit, just a different color. It's like someone took my brown shit and gave me green shit. Oooooo lala it's green shit! *Wait no, haha you're not fooling me! But nice try though :P...* Trust me it's going to be an epic fail, and since I've been playing Battlefield (the first time I played Battlefield was Bad Company 2 right when MW3 came out, and I fell IN LOVE with it), I have no reason to play CoD anymore. BF in my opinion is simply the evolution of shooters, and CoD (due to their ignorance in refusing to do something new) has fallen way behind in my book. Although, I'm interested to see people's reaction to BO2 and Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer's reaction in their 2013 game.... Will they follow in the same footsteps or actually come up with a good idea for a new direction?

And btw, just expressing my opinions. Not intending to offend anyone. :) But I will be focusing on Rainbow Six: Patriots and Battlefield 4...

DStyles
05-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Why would I buy the game that's the same as the previous one?(BOPS 1)

its RIALTO
05-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Hmmmm i really dont know with this one. I watched the trailer and i wasnt "feeling" the futuristic throw on the COD franchise. I didnt even buy MW3, played back ops to death, campaign and multiplayer, but something was telling me not to buy MW3, think i just got bored of it COD

Smoochy
05-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Can't vote as of yet. I know for sure that I'm not pre-ordering it or buying it straight away. I'm going to rent it first, play it for a few days, and then decide.

If it's anything like Black Ops, it'll more than likely be a buy. If it's more like MW2 or MW3, it's a definite pass. I have faith in Treyarch, but seeing some of the futuristic stuff in the trailer, kind of has me worried.

AgentOrange330
05-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Nope. I'll handle this like I did Modern Warfare 3. My brother will run right out at midnight and get it and then the following week I'll just borrow his. I USED to love the Call of Duty series because I loved their single player campaigns. Now that they're only 6 hours or less there is no reason to drop $60 on it. I'm not much into multiplayer. The multiplayer on CoD is just stale and boring to me.

Plus, I just think its time Activision put some money in this franchise and started using some new engines on it. While not everyone liked the campaign in Battlefield 3 I applaud DICE for building the game with new technology. Visually the game looked great. I'm very interested to see the Close Quarters DLC for Battlefield because I think this is what CoD should have done a few years ago. Having NO DESTRUCTION what-so-ever in CoD turns me off from that franchise. Too many times when I did play online I'd hit a wall someone was hiding behind with an RPG only to have them step out from behind it and shoot me. Seeing CoD sized maps in Battlefield with full destruction should hopefully show Activision its time to update their franchise...

The Bum-Mobile
05-07-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm not sure yet, leaning towards a 'yes'.

I wasn't at all interested in MW3; I'd had my fill of CoD. But now it'll be two years later, and it might just be the right amount of time for me in-between CoD games. I like the premise for BO2, so that's also a plus. Then again there are sure to be a lot of games in November (At least Halo 4, which is pretty big on it's own.) so maybe it'll be a Christmas present or something.

Insert Coin Here
05-07-2012, 06:22 AM
YES :D

i didnt buy MW3 cause i dont like the story and the last MP i played was the awesome CoD4:MW, i dont like the MP after that...-.-

but the story in BO was so amazing 4 me, that i definitely will by BO2, the story hears awesome too, hope Treyarch make it right...^^

Aiden95
05-07-2012, 06:43 AM
ill be getting this mainly becauseCall of duty games have always had easy cheevos.

Ice Car
05-07-2012, 06:52 AM
I can't say it's a bad looking game, but I'll be too busy playing Borderlands 2 when it releases... and for the next year or so.

craft3maker
05-07-2012, 02:44 PM
The only way i would buy this games is if it was more the the first two call of dutys where the reacted an actual war. However this is not the case so i will be standing in the background laughing my @ss off as all of you be people complain what a shitty game this turns out to be the the last two CODs.

Ceris
05-07-2012, 06:31 PM
I got the first one and sold it not long after. It was during the time when I got tired of shooter war games, so no, I won't be getting it.
I hit that moment after MW3 released and now I can't play a single FPS game it feels. BUT I will be getting BO2 just for Zombies, since I feel that is Treyarch's strongest point in their games.

DEG23
05-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I am going to give this one a miss. If it turns out that it is amazing then i might consider it, but i highly doubt it. I used to buy the COD games for the MP but after playing MW3 for an hour, i swore, "never again"

smokevf
05-07-2012, 10:48 PM
I'll be to busy playing shooter of the year to even think about blops 2. That's halo 4

xKRAIZEEMANx
05-07-2012, 11:46 PM
I will not buy it...I will rent it, and beat the single player, though.

JJJendral
05-08-2012, 04:28 AM
hated the first black ops, only reason ill buy this one is to play zombies with friends. black ops storyline was dumb, and looks like its gonna get worse. Might just even redbox it. treyarch needs to focus on the enjoyable aspect of their game, zombies.

mmastersword
05-08-2012, 04:29 AM
i heard there will be 8 man multiplayer which is awesome

Rep
05-08-2012, 04:38 AM
i heard there will be 8 man multiplayer which is awesome

8 player zombies with new game modes.

Ice Car
05-08-2012, 05:00 AM
I'll be to busy playing shooter of the year to even think about blops 2. That's Borderlands 2

Fixed. 10char

Aiden95
05-08-2012, 05:04 AM
I'll be to busy playing shooter of the year to even think about blops 2. That's Borderlands 2

isnt borderlands classed more as an RPG??

Ice Car
05-08-2012, 05:13 AM
[/I]

isnt borderlands classed more as an RPG??

That's what I was thinking, but it's still an FPS.

Aiden95
05-08-2012, 05:22 AM
That's what I was thinking, but it's still an FPS.

i still think that its an RPG with FPS elements in it. Its a Great game regardless

koopakiller64
05-08-2012, 06:46 AM
This game is really low on my list compared to the other games coming out this fall/winter, but it will most likely come out to my local Redbox so I'll rent it for a day, complete the story and test out the MP and zombies. If the game impresses me then I'll wait a few months when it goes down to $30-$40. If the game is unimpressive then no harm done.

Burnout x360a
05-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III come out not long beforehand so it'll be a rent somewhere down the line purely to play zombies with people.

Nevander
05-08-2012, 09:44 AM

EXACTLY how I feel about BOII.

However, I can already tell that BOII will be substantially better than MW3. Mainly because Treyarch always has more to offer with their games. Better setups, and of course ZOMBIES!

MW3 and its spec-ops survival that got boring after the first map. LOL.

L3G1T H4MST3R
05-08-2012, 09:06 PM
I'll probably buy it but just to play with friends. Although I do like Zombies so if it sounds good from leaks, reveals etc then i'll buy it for that.

1 up
05-08-2012, 09:35 PM
hell no. cod sucks.
i'll get it in 2 years when theres 3 more already out

Sanchezz4387
05-08-2012, 11:39 PM
ILl be getting this pre owned I reckon. I bought every CoD up to Black ops new but my oh my was I ripped off with that game so from now in I buy CoD pre owned until activision give me a solid reason to buy their biggest franchise brand new.

MORON2
05-08-2012, 11:52 PM
No. At this point Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Activision etc. can all take the game in whatever direction they like, I just don't care anymore for this franchise. WAW and MW2 were great games but all of the ones in-between couldn't live up to them and the quality of the games just kept degrading. In conclusion: I'm utterly tired of shooters for now and would like to rejuvenate myself by giving other genres a chance.

Rasp
05-09-2012, 03:29 AM
I'll get it. Get to max level in MP without prestiging, beat the campaign on veteran and then all I will do from there is play zombies.

lzDark Angelzl
05-09-2012, 04:06 AM
i will get it for the multiplayer and campaign

gig
05-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Personally I dont think black ops 1 was really that bad, the multiplayer/zombies was fun. As for black ops 2 the campaign looks interesting with metal gear solid kind of things and gives a change of usual campaign. The zombies is what guarantees me buying this game cause now instead of taking turns of which 4 to play with, the whole xbox live party could play at once.

Twrs828
05-11-2012, 08:08 AM
I think Black Ops was the best Call of Duty. So I will be getting Black Ops II.

The Elite Elite
05-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Sure I'll most likely get BO2, when it's around $20-$30 and comes with the first DLC. Loved zombies in both WaW and BO1, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it is in BO2. And the story does sound like it could have some promise to it.

McGoogles
05-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Yes, they had me at eight players for Zombies.

Kovy88
05-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Not getting it when it comes out, maybe couple months after. There are more exciting games coming out at the fall like Resident Evil 6. This same stuff is just getting more boring, year after year.

JimCant
05-14-2012, 01:52 PM
I'll get it in 2 years when it drops to $20.

GrimSovereignty
05-15-2012, 02:55 AM
I will be getting it because I like the series and I want to continue playing it.

FeatherbottomMR
05-15-2012, 03:49 AM
I will be getting it

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Ive already finished the SP in my head. Go kill the bad guy (and thats what it will be) even tho black ops had by far the best story. And of course MP will be the same and suck.

plum
06-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I will definitely never get it cause halo 4 comes out November and that will be the only game to be put in my console.it will most likely be in my console for a year(no joke). I will be selling all my 40 games.

StillTIPPIN187
06-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Nope

Halo 4 drops the same month..

gravelandx88
06-08-2012, 08:54 PM
As long as its nothing like MW3. I may get it.

Kunduz
06-08-2012, 10:05 PM
oh god, no

fonzycore
06-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah I will be getting it 100%. I've been a fan of CoD from the very first one on PC, played that religiously. Dropped off COD2 and 3, but picked up again pretty hardcore with COD4. Wasn't a huge fan of Modern War 2 and 3, or World at War really, but Black Ops was my favorite COD to date. Between the campaign, multiplayer options and zombies mode, its the complete package for a shooter.

2 Chainz
06-12-2012, 04:08 AM
starting to lose interest in the franchise. COD is the madden of FPS. I still enjoy playing it dont get me wrong but the cod every year thing is getting old. Activision did the same with Guitar Hero and eventually buried itself. Starting to think the same thing is gonna happen with COD

JimCant
06-12-2012, 01:26 PM
starting to lose interest in the franchise. COD is the madden of FPS. I still enjoy playing it dont get me wrong but the cod every year thing is getting old. Activision did the same with Guitar Hero and eventually buried itself. Starting to think the same thing is gonna happen with COD

I think a lot of it is people are getting sick of the multiplayer...I enjoy playing multiplayer occasionally but it sucks when you are against a party of 8 who have been playing COD for 5 years so they are amazing...it sucks when you cant even compete.

I love the single player...I think single player mode in COD are very underrated. If you play them on Veteran which I like to do, you can appreciate the game even more.

AmbaLaBamba
06-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Nope. Is that simple enough?

Only when it drops to 5... and even then it wont so it's a no buy at all for me! :)

Skorpion XBA
06-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Already pre-ordered it. Mainly because Black Ops, in my opinion, is better than the Modern Warfares. I liked the Campaign better and I'd rather blast zombies than try to get 3 stars in some spec ops mission.

OZ aus
06-13-2012, 09:40 AM
I admire your honesty. Even though you are a genuine fan of the Call of Duty franchise, you aren't blinded and you are mutual.

Some people have already planned how and when they will prestige, how they will spend prestige tokens (LOL?) and how long they will take off school/work to try and get #1 on the leaderboard(s).

They are called nerds.

LickableLemons7
06-13-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm still sitting on the fence for BO2. I never bought BO, but borrowed it from a friend for a significant amount of time. I've purchased MW3 for $25, and if I wasn't a little lucky at the time, I would never have bought/played it.

But from what I've been seeing recently, Treyarch is trying to incorporate some new elements into the stereotypical CoD formula. I liked what I saw in the E3 stage demo, but I want to see more. I most likely won't preorder it right away, but I'd like to see more gameplay in the future(and we probably will) before I make my final decision.

supadryz
06-17-2012, 12:29 PM
At the moment I have no intrest in picking this up, i just feel its more of the same. I'll just carry on with MW3 & I'll then be moving back to HALO.

creaper210
06-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah. Black Ops was the best one IMO. Most balanced multiplayer. Zombies was amazing. And campaign was really fun. Wasn't a fan of the new unlock system in multiplayer, but I appreciate Treyarch for trying new things.

Akram
06-21-2012, 06:43 PM
I think COD is the best video games ever:) And Just pre-ordered from Elgiganten.se 5 minuts ago----> I am ready To Get Every Year Cod :p

Cooljoe
06-22-2012, 03:13 AM
Of course baby! Buyin call of duty is like Christmas. It's an effing tradition.

ModernSith2010
06-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Was thinking about it as they were saying how much it's going to be different, but after seeing the E3 trailer I can see there talking out there arse again, just like they said MW3 was going to be so much different and I fell for that, well this time I'm not. I'll probaly pick it up once it falls in price, but not on release as it doesn't deserve the full RRP as it just looks like the same old thing, shoot repel, something blows up, hold this area blah blah blah.

Oh and before anyone says your a Battlefield fanboy or some total bullshit like that look at my achievements, I've played all COD's up to MW3(except 3) and I have not even completed battlefield 3. I'm just fed up giving these dev's and publishers my hard earned money for something that is the same but slightly pretier.

JASEL84
06-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Still dunno im starting to get bored of COD Games. COD FANBOY

FSparacino4
06-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Not even Zombies could save the downward spiral this franchise has become. For christ sakes, is it that hard to update the damn engine in this series. With other games becoming more realistic, i.e. Battlefield's destructible environments with Frostbite 2.0, CoD continues to use the same engine where a rocket can't even kill someone through a wall...I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to pass on this one and maybe rent it down the line for the achievements.

V3T Hunter
06-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah I preordered it. I just hope the campaign is better than the first black ops.

miikkyon
06-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Yeah I preordered it. I just hope the campaign is better than the first black ops.

This. The game looks super good, I'm hoping for an improved campaign this time around. It'll be interesting to see how realistic the weaponry in the game is.

Thiefdemon
06-30-2012, 04:17 PM
YES! I absolutely LOVE zombies. Plus it's hopefully going to be even better than World at War and the original Black Ops.

JORDAN K 95
06-30-2012, 09:42 PM
yes i will buy the hardened edition.

colt415
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Yes but not right away the game play from e3 didn't impress me at all. This will the first time since Cod 4 that I will not buy right on release day. Maybe if I see more game play I would buy right away.

yourbreakfast99
06-30-2012, 09:44 PM
gotta, all my friends will have it and i thoroughly enjoyed zzpmbies in the previous games

Spade.
07-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Not until I'm able to borrow/ play it because I need to see if it's worth $60 before purchasing.

Warren17
07-29-2012, 11:49 PM
NO! With NHL 13, NBA2k13, Borderlands 2 and AC 3 coming out soon. I'll ahve no time for COD. COD is the same old crap anyways.

The Bum-Mobile
07-30-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't know.

On one hand I've been pretty much done with military shooters. With the exception of Spec Ops that I plan on getting I have no real interest in that stuff. I never particularly did, but it's just such an over saturated market. I'm also disappointed the Cold War setting was abandoned so quickly. There's so much you can do there, I felt they didn't even scratch the surface with the first Black Ops. I'm a nut for that era in history, and would love to see it explored more in games. Outside of Call of Duty too, where it can actually get some depth to it. I'm also not looking forward to how Call of Dity Elite will affect the game. If its something I like, I'd get the map packs, but I don't want to sign up for some membership to enjoy the game's DLC.

On the other hand I skipped out on MW3 last year, so maybe a new CoD would entertain me. I'm also hoping stuff like the mech we've seen in the trailer has a role. I'd love to see one of those in multiplayer. And zombies is always fun, that doesn't hurt.

StayonTarget
07-30-2012, 03:25 AM
Yeah I will. Black Ops is my favorite Cod with an amazing storyline.

Why would I buy the game that's the same as the previous one?(BOPS 1)

It's Treyarch. Their games aren't the exact same as the previous. IW's are.

Ehrenfried
07-30-2012, 07:11 AM
NO! With NHL 13, NBA2k13, Borderlands 2 and AC 3 coming out soon. I'll ahve no time for COD. COD is the same old crap anyways.

Welcome to the stereotype bashing world of dumb ignorance.

Warren17
07-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the stereotype bashing world of dumb ignorance.

Yes. How am I ignorant? COD will never change. It's the same old crap over and over again.

StayonTarget
07-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Yes. How am I ignorant? COD will never change. It's the same old crap over and over again.

WaW wasn't the same as Cod4. Black Ops wasn't the same as MW, WaW, or MW2. Especially when you are comparing it with games like NHL and NBA2k13, I have to agree with Ehrenfried. Although the MW series were the exact same games.

HugTheBear
07-30-2012, 10:09 PM
It's Treyarch. Their games aren't the exact same as the previous. IW's are.

WaW wasn't the same as Cod4. Black Ops wasn't the same as MW, WaW, or MW2. Especially when you are comparing it with games like NHL and NBA2k13, I have to agree with Ehrenfried. Although the MW series were the exact same games.

I agree with both of these statements.

Treyarch does a good job at changing things up & adding new things. They also get rid of the crap that pisses a lot of people off, like quickscoping.

Warren17
07-30-2012, 10:33 PM

There is very little differences between the games. You still have bad story, a bad second game type and a crappy multilayer that is over run with over-powered guns and perks. At least with NHL it's different every year and fix stuff. This is my first NBA game so I can't say much about them.

HugTheBear
07-30-2012, 10:45 PM
There is very little differences between the games. You still have bad story, a bad second game type and a crappy multilayer that is over run with over-powered guns and perks. At least with NHL it's different every year and fix stuff. This is my first NBA game so I can't say much about them.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I find a lot of differences in WWII (WaW), the Cold War (Blops), & a future made-up war (Blops 2). :p

steelytheman22
07-30-2012, 11:02 PM
hell yeah i am i cant wait

kyboy
08-08-2012, 02:21 AM
I was undecided until I just watched the multiplayer gameplay.. after watching that, it's a "Yes" for me..

MxPx
08-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Yes. <10char>

Steelstick
08-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Apparently I'm getting it for free on release for buying a year-subscribtion for a game magazine

kyboy
08-08-2012, 06:10 PM
i just wish they would get with the program and have destructible environment. other than that, cant really complain too much lol..

DucknahEireann
08-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Day one buy for me. Midnight release at GAME.

DJConnelly
08-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Well after looking at the multiplayer trailer I just might get it. Looks like they might have actually changed it up a bit. Might wait a little while though. So many games that I want atm.

Burnout x360a
08-09-2012, 07:57 AM
When it is cheap maybe, not really into it that much.