PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI vs Phantasy Star Universe vs Huxley (battle of the MMO's on 360)

KilluhKam
04-24-2006, 02:04 AM
vote for the one u like best and will get!! (ima try 2 go for all 3 of em)

Sarge McLarge
04-24-2006, 03:32 AM
Huxley looks very promising so my vote goes to it.

Phaethon360
04-24-2006, 04:02 AM
Huxley looks very promising so my vote goes to it.

Same here. Phantasy Star would be my second choice. It's actually the only MMORPG I've actually liked. I'll get them both when they hit the 360.

FFXI, however. I wouldn't touch that thing with a 50ft pole. With the beta, after an hour of having the 5gig Playonline Viewer on my hdd, I uninstalled it. 3hrs hours of setup wasted.

scoobydiesel
04-24-2006, 05:45 AM
i havnt played 2 of the 3 so im not sure if i wanna vote but i might come back and vote for hux

Hitoshura
04-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Same here. Phantasy Star would be my second choice. It's actually the only MMORPG I've actually liked. I'll get them both when they hit the 360.

FFXI, however. I wouldn't touch that thing with a 50ft pole. With the beta, after an hour of having the 5gig Playonline Viewer on my hdd, I uninstalled it. 3hrs hours of setup wasted.

So you didn't actually play the game... you just dismissed it because it's a large game and took forever to install? Congratulations! You're the epitome of a mature gamer.

KilluhKam
04-24-2006, 02:37 PM
i havnt played 2 of the 3 so im not sure if i wanna vote but i might come back and vote for hux

u havnt played huxley or phantasy star universe becuz theyre not out yet :p suppose 2 b commin out this year tho phantasy start is october and huxley....we'll gamestop.com says june 1st but i dont believe that so im goin with unkown :)

Phaethon360
04-24-2006, 03:23 PM
So you didn't actually play the game... you just dismissed it because it's a large game and took forever to install? Congratulations! You're the epitome of a mature gamer.

After an hour of playing, genius.

BucklingLeader
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Huxley..because im a FPS whore and hate Phantasy Star and Final Fantasy

Hitoshura
04-24-2006, 04:58 PM
After an hour of playing, genius.

Wow, an hour. You totally experienced the entire game in a span of an hour. :)

Psycence
04-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah but FF online sucks so bad, but thats just my opinion :p

Im waiting for PSU because PSO on the DC rocked like the beast it was and Huxley, because planetside was just so awesome

Phaethon360
04-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Wow, an hour. You totally experienced the entire game in a span of an hour. :)

lol, if it had been a normal game, an hour would've put me past the first 3 levels. Not to mention, a demo of a game might take 20mins tops. Plenty of time to decide whether a game is worth your interest.

Hitoshura
04-24-2006, 06:53 PM
lol, if it had been a normal game, an hour would've put me past the first 3 levels. Not to mention, a demo of a game might take 20mins tops. Plenty of time to decide whether a game is worth your interest.

For starters, an hour should have gotten you at least to level 5. I can get to level 10 in about 3 hours tops. That's your own fault for sucking, I guess. Not to mention that the beta wasn't the demo, it was just the full game on a beta server for a few months. Nice try.

Oh, and to the poster above him, yeah, it's your opinion. Your horribilly ignorant opinion. You haven't even touched the surface of FFXI, and you're passing judgement on it like a middle schooler.

DJHUNTERD
04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
HUXLEY ALL THE WAY...:nana ;) :D :p :uzi:

Psycence
04-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Oh, and to the poster above him, yeah, it's your opinion. Your horribilly ignorant opinion. You haven't even touched the surface of FFXI, and you're passing judgement on it like a middle schooler.

Why is it ignorant to have my own opinion on a game? ive playied it on pc, ps2 and now 360, yet i still havent scratched the surface? shit son, square had best port it to the fuckin ds on wifi or someshit and play that just so i aint ignorant.

ragnarok all the way baby.....;)

Phaethon360
04-24-2006, 08:33 PM
For starters, an hour should have gotten you at least to level 5. I can get to level 10 in about 3 hours tops. That's your own fault for sucking, I guess. Not to mention that the beta wasn't the demo, it was just the full game on a beta server for a few months. Nice try.

Sounds to me that you can't come to turns with realizing that there are people who aren't as devoted to it as you are. I'm sure it would've rocked on the PC, and if I had more time to spend with it. But the truth is, if I didn't like it in the 1st hour, there's no way I would've liked it in a hundred hours.

Not to mention I don't have hundreds of hours to mindlessly play an MMORPG. If PSU and Huxley didn't have campaign modes or if Huxley's devs hadn't said it'd be a game that one could quickly play online and then leave, I'd be getting neither. Catch my drift?

If THAT is my fault, not liking the game, then it's a fault I can live with, and you shoud too.

Hitoshura
04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Sounds to me that you can't come to turns with realizing that there are people who aren't as devoted to it as you are. I'm sure it would've rocked on the PC, and if I had more time to spend with it. But the truth is, if I didn't like it in the 1st hour, there's no way I would've liked it in a hundred hours.

Not to mention I don't have hundreds of hours to mindlessly play an MMORPG. If PSU and Huxley didn't have campaign modes or if Huxley's devs hadn't said it'd be a game that one could quickly play online and then leave, I'd be getting neither. Catch my drift?

If THAT is my fault, not liking the game, then it's a fault I can live with, and you shoud too.

Wrong. The game is completely different from the first hour to the hundredth hour. If you had actually gotten past level 10, you would understand this.

Again, the first 10 levels are crap. Ask anyone who plays, and they're certainly not going to say "Oh my god, I just love the first 10 levels!" They are there to get you accustomed to the game and begin to learn how to play your class so that when you do party with other players, you're not an idiot. It's fine if you don't have the time, I don't care. But don't sit here and bash the damn thing when you know absolutely nothing about it.

Why is it ignorant to have my own opinion on a game? ive playied it on pc, ps2 and now 360, yet i still havent scratched the surface? shit son, square had best port it to the fuckin ds on wifi or someshit and play that just so i aint ignorant.

ragnarok all the way baby.....;)

Sorry, I may have confused you with someone else. But please, tell me, what sucked about FFXI? Christ, especially saying you like Ragnarok... all ragnarok is is a grindfest, about as long as FFXI's.

Psycence
04-24-2006, 09:20 PM
lol i was kidding about ragnarok, you hit the nail on the head, theyre both grindfests, constant repetative leveling up for little or no reward until a lot of hours have gone into it, most MMO's are total grindfests and i cant be doing with it.

thats why huxley looks great to me because it dont matter how much everyone else plays if your the daddy at FPS games your gonna own even if you aint put 100+ hours in, you getting my point here?

ive playied more than my fair share of MMO's and i dont continue to play any now, i prefer my gaming to give me a huge dose of non stop hectic action for a few hours, not just kill monster gain XP kill monster gain XP, a few hours later level up, kill a slightly harder rat gain XP, rinse and repeat.

Phaethon360
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
But don't sit here and bash the damn thing when you know absolutely nothing about it.

I didn't say it was bad. I said I didn't like it. I even said it probably rocked on pc (the only device capable of truly playing an MMORPG on imo). So re-read my post and realize it pertained to my experiences.

Hitoshura
04-24-2006, 09:46 PM
lol i was kidding about ragnarok, you hit the nail on the head, theyre both grindfests, constant repetative leveling up for little or no reward until a lot of hours have gone into it, most MMO's are total grindfests and i cant be doing with it.

thats why huxley looks great to me because it dont matter how much everyone else plays if your the daddy at FPS games your gonna own even if you aint put 100+ hours in, you getting my point here?

ive playied more than my fair share of MMO's and i dont continue to play any now, i prefer my gaming to give me a huge dose of non stop hectic action for a few hours, not just kill monster gain XP kill monster gain XP, a few hours later level up, kill a slightly harder rat gain XP, rinse and repeat.

That's what makes FFXI different. Sure, you grind. As you said, all MMOs have a grind. But the grind isn't anywhere near as bad as some make it out to be, and you get rewarded along the way. Again, I'll bet you played a MNK to 20 and thought that's how everyone else played, but no. And just because Huxley is an MMOFPS doesn't mean that it's not going to have levels, stats, and equipment that makes the guy who doesn't put 100+ hours in inferior to everyone who does. And yeah, you kill some "weak" monsters in FFXI, but you also kill some pretty damn awesome ones, such as the Four Celestial Gods. You can participate in several storylines (the main ones suck at the beginning, then when you get to Rank 3 they start getting pretty interesting). Point is, you obviously haven't played enough of it to understand it, so you just go saying that it sucks. That's okay, not like I really should be expecting any more from you.

And Phaethon, you said you wouldn't touch it with a 50 foot pole because of the install. That's not saying it's bad?

Phaethon360
04-24-2006, 10:32 PM
And Phaethon, you said you wouldn't touch it with a 50 foot pole because of the install. That's not saying it's bad?

Ok, I'm going to help decipher my statement for you, and then I'm not coming back to this thread.

FFXI, however. I wouldn't touch that thing with a 50ft pole.
Implying I did not like it.

With the beta, after an hour of having the 5gig Playonline Viewer on my hdd, I uninstalled it.
Should've written after an hour of playing it. Maybe that's partly the reason why you're so confused about my statement now.

3hrs hours of setup wasted.
That's pretty self explanitory, but to clarify, it was wasted because I did not enjoy the game. But anyone who says the install wasn't a turn off is obviously madly in love with the game. If I had to install Gears of War or even Halo 3 like that, I'd be a bit pissed. I was saved only for the fact I had created all the necessary account IDs and Passwords beforehand.

Hitoshura
04-24-2006, 10:40 PM
No, a comment like "I wouldn't touch it with a 50 foot pole." implies that something is horrible. You would say "I wouldn't touch that with a 50 foot pole" to tubgirl, because tubgirl is horrible. If you don't like a game, don't waste time trying to be witty and just say you don't like it.

With that said, again, an hour is not enough time to experience the game. This is not some console RPG or FPS. How many times do I have to say it? The game gets dramatically different after the first 10 levels, and gets even more dramatically different at level 30, which shouldn't take you more than a few weeks of casual (key word, casual) gameplay, and probably a week of hardcore gameplay. I've got about 15 days of playtime logged on my character with my main job at level 41, and I've done LOTS of other things when I hit 30, such as getting advanced jobs, Ballista, Brenner, Alchemy, Fishing, and missions.

Psycence
04-25-2006, 05:18 PM
That's what makes FFXI different. Sure, you grind. As you said, all MMOs have a grind. But the grind isn't anywhere near as bad as some make it out to be, and you get rewarded along the way. Again, I'll bet you played a MNK to 20 and thought that's how everyone else played, but no. And just because Huxley is an MMOFPS doesn't mean that it's not going to have levels, stats, and equipment that makes the guy who doesn't put 100+ hours in inferior to everyone who does. And yeah, you kill some "weak" monsters in FFXI, but you also kill some pretty damn awesome ones, such as the Four Celestial Gods. You can participate in several storylines (the main ones suck at the beginning, then when you get to Rank 3 they start getting pretty interesting). Point is, you obviously haven't played enough of it to understand it, so you just go saying that it sucks. That's okay, not like I really should be expecting any more from you.
Seriously skim back up a few posts have playied on pc ps2 and 360, and dont like either of them, so yes in my opinion it sucks, i used to have an account and i playied it a fair bit before canceling it, you just cant take the fact that people dont like the game, get out of your own arse dude FF is not everything in the world.

And if you playied planetside a lot like i did then you would know that putting in the hours helps but if your playing someone with great skill but not the huge hours upgrading they can and will kick your ass, its a totally different approach than that of a generic RPG

oh and a monk? wtf who plays as that shit....

Psycence
04-25-2006, 05:34 PM
We need a flame forum I can see this kinda fanboyism happening a lot...ps3 vs 360 vs rev, ffXI vs any MMO...

flame forum so the rest of the board dont need to suffer it

Hitoshura
04-25-2006, 05:47 PM
We need a flame forum I can see this kinda fanboyism happening a lot...ps3 vs 360 vs rev, ffXI vs any MMO...

flame forum so the rest of the board dont need to suffer it

The only fanboy here is you. Maybe if you posted some valid complaints instead of "I played it, it sucked." But no, that'd be too hard for you.

Psycence
04-25-2006, 05:54 PM
what am I claiming to be a fanboy of exactly?only thing im a fanboy of is games and ive explained why it think it sucks in MY opinion which is allowed to be different to yours, the simple grind of MMO's dont float my boat honey

SpideR NY
04-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Cant wait for Huxley. Also the Marvel MMORPG and AVP.

Hitoshura
04-25-2006, 07:10 PM
what am I claiming to be a fanboy of exactly?only thing im a fanboy of is games and ive explained why it think it sucks in MY opinion which is allowed to be different to yours, the simple grind of MMO's dont float my boat honey

Nope, all I saw was "It's a grindfest." That isn't a valid complaint to say the game sucks. To say that a game sucks implies that it has some design flaw that makes it unplayable. Not to mention that, as I have stated before, FFXI has plenty of things other to do than grind once you've played the grind game for a bit. As for what you're a fanboy of, that would apparently be everything non-MMO, since you baselessly bash FFXI so bad for being one.

Again, it's one thing to say "I don't like a particular genre." It's another to say "That game sucks."

Psycence
04-25-2006, 07:52 PM
you arent getting the point that im allowed to think the game sucks for whatever reason I want to, its my choice to say I think this is shit because its repetitive, simple as that really we have a difference of opinion, i dont dislike the idea of mmo's and I do enjoy them generally, but not FFXI, thats the only one i dislike......is that a crime? plus I didnt buy a 360 to play a ps2 game

end of arguement as far as im concerned, lets not fight....especially when im right ;P

Hitoshura
04-25-2006, 08:01 PM
you arent getting the point that im allowed to think the game sucks for whatever reason I want to, its my choice to say I think this is shit because its repetitive, simple as that really we have a difference of opinion, i dont dislike the idea of mmo's and I do enjoy them generally, but not FFXI, thats the only one i dislike......is that a crime? plus I didnt buy a 360 to play a ps2 game

end of arguement as far as im concerned, lets not fight....especially when im right ;P

Ha, right? Okay, then I'm allowed to call you on the fact that you obviously know nothing of the game because it's only repetetive if you CHOOSE to do the same thing over and over, as there are quire a few things to do in the game.

Sorry, but like I said, your opinion is quite obviously uninformed, thus voiding your right to a valid complaint.

Psycence
04-25-2006, 08:05 PM
seriously what the frig are you, do you not read anything thats written? i have stated several times that ive playied a good deal of this game but i find it repetitive, I do with a lot of RPG's and FPS games but it just irritates me more on FFXI.

Im of this now, your just trolling now..

Hitoshura
04-25-2006, 08:08 PM
seriously what the frig are you, do you not read anything thats written? i have stated several times that ive playied a good deal of this game but i find it repetitive, I do with a lot of RPG's and FPS games but it just irritates me more on FFXI.

Im of this now, your just trolling now..

I must ask the same of you, do YOU read anything that's written? Again, don't bash the game just because you did ONE THING all the time and called it repetitive. I mean, seriously. Like I've stated a million times before, THERE IS MORE TO FFXI THAN THE GRIND THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY DID NOT EXPERIENCE. That's like me saying WoW sucks because it has an abundance of crappy immature players, not because of any actual flaw in gameplay.

Psycence
04-25-2006, 08:14 PM
for fucks sake, you sir are what is known as an arse.
As you have done little but pick fights with existing members since you arrived whatever you say to me means little, you are a fanboy and a troll, I bite my finger at you sir

Hitoshura
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
So, I'm an ass for speaking the truth? Please, point out where I'm wrong. Again, logically speaking, it is your own fault for finding FFXI repetetive. Don't blame the game for something that is your own doing.

SpideR NY
04-25-2006, 08:22 PM
The only fanboy here is you. Maybe if you posted some valid complaints instead of "I played it, it sucked." But no, that'd be too hard for you. not getting into your arguement but here you go. Valid complants for you.

1. This game is not next gen, just another port. It doesnt support Xbox voice support and it doesnt even have gamer points.

2. The game is a grind.

3. The game isnt soloable. You HAVE to group and that sucks because not all of us love waiting for a group or even grouping.

4. The charactors look like pirates. Nice puffy shirt.

Psycence
04-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Yes dont get in it...its hard to get out :mad: lol!

I do not bite my finger at you spider

Hitoshura
04-25-2006, 08:32 PM
not getting into your arguement but here you go. Valid complants for you.

1. This game is not next gen, just another port. It doesnt support Xbox voice support and it doesnt even have gamer points.

2. The game is a grind.

3. The game isnt soloable. You HAVE to group and that sucks because not all of us love waiting for a group or even grouping.

4. The charactors look like pirates. Nice puffy shirt.

1st isn't a valid complaint. For starters, as has been said before, voice chat will not work in a game like FFXI, and a keyboard is actually superior do to the reliance on macros. You can't macro with a headset.

2nd isn't a valid complaint. The game has a grind. It is, however, not a grind, as there are other things to do than just grind, grind, grind. You want a game that is a grind? That's Ragnarok and PSO.

3rd isn't a valid complaint. There are plenty of things you can do solo, just not exp. And tell me, why are you going to pay for an online game and play it by yourself? That makes no sense.

4th also isn't a valid complaint, because the only characters that look like pirates -- get this -- is the pirate class in Artifact armor! Wow, imagine that.

SpideR NY
04-25-2006, 08:40 PM
1st isn't a valid complaint. For starters, as has been said before, voice chat will not work in a game like FFXI, and a keyboard is actually superior do to the reliance on macros. You can't macro with a headset.

2nd isn't a valid complaint. The game has a grind. It is, however, not a grind, as there are other things to do than just grind, grind, grind. You want a game that is a grind? That's Ragnarok and PSO.

3rd isn't a valid complaint. There are plenty of things you can do solo, just not exp. And tell me, why are you going to pay for an online game and play it by yourself? That makes no sense.

4th also isn't a valid complaint, because the only characters that look like pirates -- get this -- is the pirate class in Artifact armor! Wow, imagine that. You sir are a 100% flamming fan boy.

1. It is valid. It IS a old game. It DOES have old graphics. It IS a port. It DOESNT have gamer points. It DOESNT have voice support. And just because it hasnt been done yet, doesnt mean voice support cant work in a mmorpg.

2. for real if you dont think its a grind you need less time on MMORPGs and more time on regular games.

3. It is a valid point. I would like to be able to jump online, not waste any time looking for a group, play for a hour or 2 and get a little exp. Not saying I would do nothing but solo BUT many, many other MMORPGs you can solo if you want. This one you cant. And that is a valid complaint and it sucks.

4. OMG whats with the puffy shirts.

5. I would have to play a game with people like you.

Psycence
04-25-2006, 08:42 PM
6. and your father smells of elderberrys

Hitoshura
04-25-2006, 08:57 PM
You sir are a 100% flamming fan boy.

1. It is valid. It IS a old game. It DOES have old graphics. It IS a port. It DOESNT have gamer points. It DOESNT have voice support. And just because it hasnt been done yet, doesnt mean voice support cant work in a mmorpg.

2. for real if you dont think its a grind you need less time on MMORPGs and more time on regular games.

3. It is a valid point. I would like to be able to jump online, not waste any time looking for a group, play for a hour or 2 and get a little exp. Not saying I would do nothing but solo BUT many, many other MMORPGs you can solo if you want. This one you cant. And that is a valid complaint and it sucks.

4. OMG whats with the puffy shirts.

5. I would have to play a game with people like you.

I've already explained why these are invalid. It's not a matter of voice chat not haven't been done yet, it's a matter of I know how the game works, and a keyboard is superior for the style of game it is. There are many zones where there are lots of people gathered in one spot. Voice chat will not work, plus since you're playing with PC and PS2 users, voice chat would alienate you from other players.

Again, it's not a grind because there are more things to do than grinding.

No, lack of soloing is not a valid complaint, because as I said, you can do some things solo. Grinding and a few quests are about the only thing you can't do solo.

As for the puffy shirts, did you even read my post?

Psycence
04-25-2006, 08:59 PM
yes fine everyone using voice chat may not work amazingly but theres such an idea as private chat, group chat settings in games, they work amazingly well....

KilluhKam
04-25-2006, 09:02 PM
I've already explained why these are invalid. It's not a matter of voice chat not haven't been done yet, it's a matter of I know how the game works, and a keyboard is superior for the style of game it is. There are many zones where there are lots of people gathered in one spot. Voice chat will not work, plus since you're playing with PC and PS2 users, voice chat would alienate you from other players.

No, lack of soloing is not a valid complaint, because as I said, you can do some things solo. Grinding and a few quests are about the only thing you can't do solo.

As for the puffy shirts, did you even read my post?

there is a way for ppl who have FFXI on the computer to chat tho...all they gotta do is download team speak (if it supports FFXI im not sure i kno it does games like guild wars and joint ops) and if u get that u just go into a FFXI chat and chat with other ppl playing it...also, a couple months ago when i was reading an interview with the creator of FFXI they said that people on the xbox 360 would b able 2 communicate in the game...wut ever happened 2 that?...im not trying 2 start an arguement just stating that he said that and i was wondering if any1 know's what happened 2 it? mayb it is becuz a keyboard would b better....also, where can i get a good cheap keyboard to plug into my 360?

SpideR NY
04-25-2006, 09:20 PM

As for the puffy shirts, did you even read my post? did you read mine? How about this I said :
Its not next -gen. PERIOD IT IS NOT NEXT GEN. No achievements. It is just ANOTHER port.

Its is valid because you cant solo and that is a huge turnoff to a lot of people. Like me. Just because YOU think its sweet that you cant solo for exp and YOU think its fine to force people to ALWAYS group doesnt make it not a downside for the game.

Every screen shot ive seen they all have puffy shirts on.

But really, it doesnt matter. You are so into this game that you will never understand why others think its crap or not worth their time. Whatever fanboy, have fun with you last-gen time sink.