PDA

View Full Version : Sub Pawns

L3G1T H4MST3R
05-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Right, I want to clear this up now before I buy the game (It won't affect my purchase but it might affect others). I've been under the impression that you have your character, a main pawn (the one you can customise) and two sub pawns. You can level up your character, your main pawn. Now heres what i'm confused about. I thought that you could find sub pawns in YOUR game and only level up the sub pawns that are found in YOUR game. You could then put them online for people to download. The downloaded sub pawns can't level up. Am I understanding this properly because i've seen so many posts claiming that you can't level up sub pawns and you only find them online. If thats the case then it wouldn't work because either 1) you would never get sub pawns or 2) everyone's sub pawns would be level 1 (or whatever the pawn starting level is) and there would be no point in putting them online. Can someone please clear this up for me or anyone else wondering about this. Thanks in advance if someone posts.

EnteringtheCosmos
05-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Sub pawns are found all over the world including the portal thing that will have a huge selection from random offline generated ones and the online ones that people found in their game. When you go to the portal to select a pawn it will give you different categories to choose from for example level 1-10 female warrior then it will find all females that are between level 1-10, the higher the level the more expensive they will be.

J4ckyb0y1
05-05-2012, 09:30 PM
The sub pawns as you call them, do not level. To fill out your team, you will hire others players pawns from the Rift, or find pawns in your own game world to hire. You can hire/fire as often as you can afford them.

EnteringtheCosmos
05-05-2012, 10:33 PM
The sub pawns as you call them, do not level. To fill out your team, you will hire others players pawns from the Rift, or find pawns in your own game world to hire. You can hire/fire as often as you can afford them.
You can use the rift for offline pawns not just online.

J4ckyb0y1
05-05-2012, 11:14 PM
You can use the rift for offline pawns not just online.

I was answering the OP question. You correcting me adds nothing to that. Fact is, sub pawns do not level regardless of where they are hired from.

L3G1T H4MST3R
05-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I was answering the OP question. You correcting me adds nothing to that. Fact is, sub pawns do not level regardless of where they are hired from.

I might just be thinking about this wrong but to me that defeats the purpose of putting them online. If they never level up then the offline pawns will be exactly the same as the pawn you download off of a friend. That means you will eventually greatly out level your sub pawns rendering them useless. I'm not trying to argue, just want to point this out as this is what makes me think offline/your game pawns can be leveled up while online/downloaded pawns can't be. I remember a video talking about pawns so i'll have a look at it again and post it here if it is relevant.

L3G1T H4MST3R
05-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Dragon's Dogma: Progression - Pawn Sharing - YouTube
This is the video. At about one minute something the narrator talks about nurturing your pawns meaning its likely that you level up the pawns that you get in your game. It also shows a screen saying 'This will cost 800 discipline'. I think they level up in a different way from your main character maybe. Also I know its not solid evidence.

EnteringtheCosmos
05-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Dragon's Dogma: Progression - Pawn Sharing - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2llddhnv2M)
This is the video. At about one minute something the narrator talks about nurturing your pawns meaning its likely that you level up the pawns that you get in your game. It also shows a screen saying 'This will cost 800 discipline'. I think they level up in a different way from your main character maybe. Also I know its not solid evidence.
Only you and the main pawn level up when doing quests etc but the sub pawns on and offline don't level up but are set to a certain level for you to pick. For example if you are level 3 and you go on a mission that is pretty hard then you can hire a pawn at say level 10 or higher but will cost a lot more than a level 1-3 pawn.

furysblade
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
From what I've read and understand, Your main Pawn levels, you then send him off to the rift.

Someone else hires him and he becomes one of there sub pawns.

So effectively you can't level sub pawns but as they are each somebody elses main pawn, they will be leveling, just not while journeying with you.