PDA

View Full Version : Game Decision Help

KlicK
08-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Alright here's the story.

My cousin has an Xbox 360, but he's away at an apprenticeship for a tatoo artist, and he has virtually no time to play it anymore. I called him, and I'm buying Fight Night Round 3, PGR3, and a wireless controller for $40. Now I'm going school shopping next weekend, and I'm trying to decide if I should get one _brand new_ game like BioShock, or pick up a couple used games instead.

Mr Arrow
08-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I recommend you go out and buy a new copy of Pimp my Ride.

After you play it you'll realise that was a waste of money and maybe you'll re-think your approach.

How the hell does anyone here know what you like?? Why would you take advice from a bunch of strangers??

There are demos on XBL for a reason. How about you try some of them, they're free and then YOU can find a game YOU like.

I guess if you're used to your mum picking out your clothes this is type of thinking is understandable!

Shaaady Souljah
08-27-2007, 05:05 PM
not sure how school shopping involves buying a game, but whatever... ;)
i am going to have to agree with arrow here, but not in such a harsh manner.

you really should pick out a couple games you may like, and test them for free on live. OR, go around and check out reviews, screenshots, etc... and that will help you decide. if someone tells you what to get, and they do not even know you, then it would be dumb to listen.

for school clothes, definitely get some of those capris/short pant things. it's the new trend for guys in school... also, make sure you get a pink top to go with it, that will drive the women crazy.

Im a Manatee
08-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Ahem...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1907/x360rm6.png

Not too much decision when everything is 10 dollars off...

If only I could cough the word "http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3294/gscouponhg2.png"

Add in Edge and you're getting a 34.99 game like Lost Planet or Shadowrun for about 20.

sln333
08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
From your recently played games in your sig it looks like you like shooting games so I would suggest Bioshock.

teh x3nomorph
08-27-2007, 06:42 PM
The great thing about Gamestop is that you can essentially try out any used game for 7 days. From your sig, it seems like you like shooters. Go get Shadowrun used, and definately use those coupons from Manatee. Try it out, if you like it great, if not, go return it and try something else.

Good Luck getting something like BioShock used already. Download the demo and see if its something that you would enjoy before picking it up.

KlicK
08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Allow me to re-state some things;

I live in the middle of no where. The closest GameStop is two and a half hours away. We're going to go school shopping, and there just happens to be a GS at this particular place, so I figured it might be a good time to pick up a few games.
How the hell does anyone here know what you like?? Why would you take advice from a bunch of strangers??
Isn't that the whole premise of forums? People come here to get advice, and help? They need help with something Xbox 360 related so they -shocker- come to a 360 forum.
There are demos on XBL for a reason.
Hey, thanks for the insight.
I guess if you're used to your mum picking out your clothes this is type of thinking is understandable!
Are you always this big of a dickhead? Or just when you're online?
you really should pick out a couple games you may like, and test them for free on live. OR, go around and check out reviews, screenshots, etc... and that will help you decide. if someone tells you what to get, and they do not even know you, then it would be dumb to listen.
Point taken, next time I'll post what sort of stuff I am into.
Ahem...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1907/x360rm6.png

Not too much decision when everything is 10 dollars off...

If only I could cough the word "http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3294/gscouponh g2.png"

Add in Edge and you're getting a 34.99 game like Lost Planet or Shadowrun for about 20.
Holy shit! I can just print and cut those out and use them?

Mr Arrow
08-27-2007, 08:14 PM
My objection is to the original intent of the post...which to me has spam written all over it. It may have well have read, "How should I get my hair cut?", or "What should I have for breakfast?"

Now having read you reply I understand you're trying to clarify. If your looking for help you've come to the right place, but the help your seeking has to be more focused.

"Hey I like shooters but can't decide between....." or "I know there are serveral RPG's out what are you thoughts on......"

And yes I'm a huge DICKHEAD when it come to spam.

KlicK
08-27-2007, 08:27 PM
And yes I'm a huge DICKHEAD when it come to spam.
My first post was hardly spam. Too broad? Oh yeah. Spam? No way.

Now then; is BioShock good enough for my money? Or are there some other gems that can be had for cheaper?

Shaaady Souljah
08-27-2007, 08:38 PM
its all good... i was just giving you a hard time--not sure about the rest ;)

anyway, bioshock is great but the obvious downside is the lack of multiplayer and replay value. and it is going to be priced at full price wherever you go. there are a lot of older games that you have may have not touched it looks like, that you could get for cheap. if you do indeed want a shooter, then you have to try gears, rainbow 6, maybe f.e.a.r. or prey. (the last 2 should be really cheap by now.)

other than that, s.c.: double agent is a good game for cheap. and believe it or not, viva pinata would be very fun and give you a lot of hours of playtime.

KlicK
08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
its all good... i was just giving you a hard time--not sure about the rest ;)

anyway, bioshock is great but the obvious downside is the lack of multiplayer and replay value. and it is going to be priced at full price wherever you go. there are a lot of older games that you have may have not touched it looks like, that you could get for cheap. if you do indeed want a shooter, then you have to try gears, rainbow 6, maybe f.e.a.r. or prey. (the last 2 should be really cheap by now.)

other than that, s.c.: double agent is a good game for cheap. and believe it or not, viva pinata would be very fun and give you a lot of hours of playtime.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll try and pick up Double Agent. Maybe Viva Pinata too if I'm feeling man enough. ;)

ArneZ
08-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Hitman Blood Money,still the game ive enjoyd the most on my 360 ;)

others:
Gears of War
BioShock
PES 6 (for the online gaming, amazing)

many other great ones too, but those are the ones i remember just now. Virtua Tennis 3 is also great!

p4in redefined
08-29-2007, 01:20 AM
I recommend you go out and buy a new copy of Pimp my Ride.

After you play it you'll realise that was a waste of money and maybe you'll re-think your approach.

There are demos on XBL for a reason. How about you try some of them, they're free and then YOU can find a game YOU like.

...wow that seemed really unnecesary seems like in the time you wrote that you could've just helped him out instead...hmmmmm.

yeah if your into shooters shadowrun is a must, if you havent already gears of war, and bioshock is ...AWESOME. its one of the best games ive ever played, you could also try any of the Call of Dutys or rainsbow six even ghost recon.

Mr Arrow
08-29-2007, 03:34 PM
...wow that seemed really unnecesary seems like in the time you wrote that you could've just helped him out instead...hmmmmm.

lol I did!

Sometimes it best to help someone to help themselves.

I will grant you that the 'help' was delivered with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Jdm
08-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll try and pick up Double Agent. Maybe Viva Pinata too if I'm feeling man enough. ;)

Viva Pinata is actually a fun game. Why not pick it up? A new copy should only cost you $29.99...at least over here it does.

Make a wise decision and make that 2 1/2 hour drive worth it.;)

Cyrex
08-30-2007, 02:19 AM
i would get bioshock because it makes other games look pathetic. BUT, recently i went to Gamestop and i picked up the following games for a total of 38.99

King Kong
NHL 2k6
Collage hoops 2k6
Perfect Dark Zero

so if your looking for a large amount of games then go for some cheap games and get like 5 but if your looking for a good game that will take you interest for a long time then go for bioshock/gears or shadowrun

Nick G 42390
08-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Don't buy Bioshock. If you like shooters ad very good games, buy Rainbow 6 Vegas and GRAW 2. Great games right there. And, they are also very fun.

KlicK
08-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Hitman Blood Money,still the game ive enjoyd the most on my 360 ;)
I've never played the Hitman series before...they look fun. [/QUOTE]

Viva Pinata is actually a fun game. Why not pick it up? A new copy should only cost you $29.99...at least over here it does.
What's the premise of the game?

Make a wise decision and make that 2 1/2 hour drive
Oh lordie. It's gonna be a tough decision. :P