PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there'll be many more GFWL?

Kyoujin
05-09-2012, 04:06 AM
So I'm just curious about something..

I've noticed, and am saddened, that the list of PC games that have GFWL achievements.. well.. isn't all that big. And it doesn't seem like it's grown a whole lot? Admittedly, I only started doing PC achievements two months ago or so, because I finally got a computer that could run some games.

So.. do you think there will be many more PC games released with achievements for GFWL?

I've really enjoyed getting GFWL games off of Steam so I can even further up my gamerscore, but there just doesn't seem to be much of a selection.. I'm worried there won't be a whole lot more, or at least, it'll be something like.. we'll only get a GFWL game with achievements every few months, especially considering how many darn WP7 games there are already.

Do you want more PC games with cheevos? A play a lot of PC games that aren't GWFL, but I certainly enjoy getting PC achievements a lot when I can!

mcnichoj
07-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Doubt it, I mean look at how many years the brand has been alive and how many titles there are.
Just look at the first party ones, MS themselves don't even support it.

Oh, God. All the rage from the old GFWL forums from the lack of support.

Steam actually has its own achievement system and has tons of games with achievements, ten times the amount of GFWL.
So maybe check them out along with 100pag, a group on Steam dedicated to achievements and the site SteamStats which is similar to the late and great MyGamerCard.net.

Veedrock
07-18-2012, 08:41 AM
There are a few companies out there that regularly use GFWL (Capcom, Codemasters, WB Games), so you can at least look forward to their titles. Unfortunately Capcom is the only company with upcoming titles, so the lineup is pretty weak for awhile.

Microsoft supports GFWL, the problem is that they just don't seem invested in PC titles in general so you can't expect much from them. They've moved away from retail releases (last one being Fable 3) and have been moving towards downloadable Arcade titles, Toy Soldiers being a recent example and Ms. Splosion Man being an upcoming one.

EDIT: Codemasters seems to be dropping GFWL. But as pointed out below, GFWL will ultimately fade into Xbox on Windows, which will hopefully capture the interest of some developers out there.

DavidinCT
07-21-2012, 12:44 AM
I wish Microsoft would promote it more. I have been buying some older PC games with XBL on it, just for some achivements but, newer games dont have them.

Come on Microsoft, get us new games (Batman Archam city, Max Payne 3 should have had them) with Achivements ! There are a lot of games that I would of gotten, and PREFER them on the PC if they have achevements.

PC_GFWL_GAMER
07-28-2012, 07:18 PM
I can almost 100% guarantee there will not be many more GFWL games as MS are obviously promoting Xbox LIVE For Windows 8 which means they will kill GFWL sooner or later despite what they say in public behind the scenes its been dead since the Xbox.com merge in July 2011.

CHIRUNO99
07-28-2012, 09:25 PM
The only recent releases on GFWL were Age of Empires Online and Dark Souls, but I doubt they would make it redundant since it offers a lazy way for developers to add easy online connectivity since it's taken straight form the Xbox.

Of course Microsoft would rather you bought their games on the Xbox instead since they can charge licensing fees for publishers to publish on their console rather than the PC.

matthewh00
07-29-2012, 12:27 PM
EDIT: Doesn't matter anymore, they change the picture on the site so it doesn'y have the Games For Windows LIVE on the box anymore.

Actually I spotted Mensa Academy on Shop.to Released: 27/7/12

http://www.shopto.net/PC/VIDEO%20GAMES/PCME22-Mensa%20Academy.html

It has the Games For Windows LIVE on the box, and I have just done a quick search but can't find a list of achievements for it anywhere apart from the Steam version.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/214270/achievements

Will this have GFWL achievements or not?