PDA

View Full Version : Obliivon Or Two Worlds?

BLK DEM0N
08-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Say which you think is best...

Ghost x360a
08-28-2007, 12:06 AM
I havent played Two Worlds yet but I have heard the frame rate is very choppy. One thing Two Worlds has (which I wish Oblivion did) is online play. I will probably end up getting Two Worlds but Oblivion is a very good game overall.

xX AuOrA Xx
08-28-2007, 12:23 AM
I havent played Two Worlds yet but I have heard the frame rate is very choppy. One thing Two Worlds has (which I wish Oblivion did) is online play. I will probably end up getting Two Worlds but Oblivion is a very good game overall. Agreed!:drunk

yomoma
08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
unless they come out with a patch for the game which i think they are, the game will suck.

cc99999
08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Oblivion will always be the benchmark, I think...

but you guys who think Two Worlds is crap are so far off that it isn't funny.

Two Worlds is low budget, bland, and has some frame rate problems-

but it will be a cult classic. You wait.

Exane22
08-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Agreed, oblivion will always stand out above the rest just bc its pretty. That doesnt mean TW is shit, more like the shit IMO. When the online is fixed it will be even better. There are different modes like RPG online and then there is PvP, each alows you to level your guy up and carry him from game to game. There isnt anything cooler than getting my ass beat by a bunch of baddies and then haveing a hot chick with two swords come in and mow them down while watching L3giOn "ice skate" past my sceen and have him say im coming Exane. Twas an interesting night.

yomoma
08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
i wasnt saying that it sucks ive still been talking it up to everyone, all im saying is it will drastically take away from the experience if they dont patch the frame rate. (mostly online play)

teh x3nomorph
08-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Agreed, oblivion will always stand out above the rest just bc its pretty. That doesnt mean TW is shit, more like the shit IMO. When the online is fixed it will be even better. There are different modes like RPG online and then there is PvP, each alows you to level your guy up and carry him from game to game. There isnt anything cooler than getting my ass beat by a bunch of baddies and then haveing a hot chick with two swords come in and mow them down while watching L3giOn "ice skate" past my sceen and have him say im coming Exane. Twas an interesting night. Oh God that was class.

After Legion left tho we were doing pretty good till it just froze on us for no good reason. We can do this tho, I have faith.

Exane22
08-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Ya i think everyone gave up on the multiplayer, when you finally get around to playing it let me no so we can do it again.

ps. this is like conversation 5 at the moment :biglaugh

teh x3nomorph
08-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Ya i think everyone gave up on the multiplayer, when you finally get around to playing it let me no so we can do it again.

ps. this is like conversation 5 at the moment :biglaugh Im gunna try the multiplayer again probably this weekend. Predator and I played for a bit as well, and we did really well for a while, till it froze up on us for no good reason too.

I just almost died when Legion kept Ice Skating everwhere. And then when I roffleraped him in the lag because I accidently hit him instead of the groms.

Exane22
08-28-2007, 04:57 PM
That was funny as hell, "ahhh, ahhh, whats going on. i cant hit anything, sonofabitch. ok now im frozen, this sucks....... WAIT why am i dead....Damnit". Oh man that was classic, belongs in the pokemon thread if you ask me ;)

teh x3nomorph
08-28-2007, 05:00 PM
That was funny as hell, "ahhh, ahhh, whats going on. i cant hit anything, sonofabitch. ok now im frozen, this sucks....... WAIT why am i dead....Damnit". Oh man that was classic, belongs in the pokemon thread if you ask me ;) When the lag is fixed and all of us are on .. can you even imagine the insanity?

I really liked Oblivion, but just from reading the strat guide of Two Worlds, I think this is going to have a better story line.

That being said .. Im a Shivering Isles junkie. I loved that expansion.

Exane22
08-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Omg it will be intense. Between Thrillkill, Flea, Predator and probably everyone else im going to be made fun of so much i will probably start to cry..... i hate you all :D

RougeRogue
08-28-2007, 05:27 PM
If Oblivion (or, Morrowind, for that matter) had never come out, we'd all think that Two Worlds is a great game . . . but, as it stands, Two Worlds is the poor man's Oblivion, in story, content, and execution. Mayhap, Southpeak ran out of seed money? ;-)

Shinobi273
08-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah all the next RPGs will be defined by Oblivion. Look at this thread, "Oblivion or Two Worlds?". The game that could maybe, just maybe off Oblivion is Mass Effect. From everything that has come out about Two Worlds, I think it has already lost to Oblivion.

Exane22
08-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Oblivion is being compared to TW just bc they both have simular setting. Mass Effect and Ob cant really be compared to one another. Besides if you really want to think about it, Ob isnt really an rpg, more like action/adventure there really isnt any role playing involve. Everone seems to be quick to point out the flaws in TW which it clearly has but no one is saying anything about the flaws in OB.

RougeRogue
08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Oblivion is being compared to TW just bc they both have simular setting. Mass Effect and Ob cant really be compared to one another. Besides if you really want to think about it, Ob isnt really an rpg, more like action/adventure there really isnt any role playing involve. Everone seems to be quick to point out the flaws in TW which it clearly has but no one is saying anything about the flaws in OB.

. . . I think that's mostly because Oblivion was so good, that people were willing to overlook the significant flaws -- Two Worlds, while entertaining, just isn't good enough to earn that "willing suspension" of flaw-overlooking, if you will.

Shinobi273
08-28-2007, 05:46 PM

True, true... I thought of Oblivion as an RPG, just because of how open it is and the flexibility of gameplay. I suppose Mass Effect and Oblivion will be hard to compare to eachother. When Oblivion came out, all I heard were good things about it. As Two Worlds came out, I head alot of problems. Oblivion raised the bar on RPG games, which is interesting if you don't consider it RPG. You consider Two Worlds an RPG don't you?

Please don't take this as confrontational in any way. It isn't meant to be.

Exane22
08-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Dont worry i dont man, weve talked about OB before so i know its all good and i hope u you feel the same. Ob is a great game and is deserving of its praise, but in what rpg do the monster and loot level with you? What rpg doesnt actually alow you to fight the final guy, or what rpg has a linear story line? What rpg alows you to beat the game on level 2 (its actually easier at a lower level). It really is a hack n slash adventure game and i love it for it but anyone who played morrowind can see that they sacrificed alot of what is regular in the TES series for the graphics and physics. In someways its a good thing but that doesnt mean i am willing to overlook its flaws bc its pretty. The next one will be better.

Two Worlds is more of an rpg then Ob is. It is definatly way lower budget hence the lower quality graphics, but that doesnt mean that the game is actually lower quality itself.

Anyways Ob didnt set the bar for future rpgs, it set the bar for all future games. There are so many good thing about that game that every game in the future could learn a lil from it.

Shinobi273
08-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Most RPGs force leveling and so the monsters and loot actually do level with you. Not fighting the final boss, maybe, I looked at it the other way, it was nice not to have the standard/boring big boss fight at the end of the game. The guild quests made it more than interesting enough for me. The linear story line, you wanted different possible endings? Maybe that would have been nice, like actually joining the cult and letting Mehrunes Dagon take over, although the torture didn't seem like much fun. I played a bit of Morrowind and I didn't like how the quests and journal worked, it was too hard to know what to do. The gameplay was wierd too, with almost everything relying on chance to suceed (alchemy, repair, enchanting, blocking, lockpicking). Oblivion's straightforward gameplay made it easy to play. I hope Two Worlds picked up on that , easy-to-play.

Exane22
08-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Morrowind had a behind the scenes "dice roll" that determind the outcome of you action. It took a buch of stats and other number did some math and out came your chance of success and how "quality" your action is.

This sums up OB and MW perfectly.... What was good about morrowind sucked balls in OB, what was good in OB sucked balls in MW. Meaning they improved on many important things in Ob but they let the good things about Morrowind slip ALOT. when i say sucked balls i mean compared to each other btw.

As many have said, two worlds has its flaws. But then again so did OB and so did MW. That doesnt mean that they werent amazing games. Personally i love them all.

PS, Oblivions straight forward gameplay was good in someways and bad in others. Many of the long time fans of TES absolutly hated Ob for the reasons i have posted, how much hand holding it does sent them over the edge. That was the great thing about morrowind, someone gave me the quest and told me where to go. I had to find it myself, i couldnt fast travel there. But if you are trying to get new younger fans into the series this isnt a good thing there for the dumbed downt the game so to speak. Now they have an even larger fan base so hopefully they can find some good middle ground and make everyone happy ;)

trunk187
08-29-2007, 07:47 PM
oblivion with put a doubt this game don't even compare to oblivion

DeW222
08-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I think Oblivion is a better game, but it's hard to compare both directly to each other. There's such a wide arc in styling and gameplay of RPG's these days. Two Worlds is just... fun. Frustrating at first due to a steep learning curve, but it's fun to just play for hours at a time.

Oldeez
08-30-2007, 08:10 PM
oblivion is just mind blowing..i mean enough said two worlds may be pretty good but oblivion is awesome

SkilledJR
09-01-2007, 04:09 AM
Choose Oblivion, hands down.

Two Worlds offers online features that are very laggy and some what fun, but its still like the Developers all took a crap in the little green dvd case and sold it.

TimmayTheTurtle
09-01-2007, 04:13 AM
oblivion is just overwhelimg better

MrRedrum
09-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Morrowind had a behind the scenes "dice roll" that determind the outcome of you action. It took a buch of stats and other number did some math and out came your chance of success and how "quality" your action is.

This sums up OB and MW perfectly.... What was good about morrowind sucked balls in OB, what was good in OB sucked balls in MW. Meaning they improved on many important things in Ob but they let the good things about Morrowind slip ALOT. when i say sucked balls i mean compared to each other btw.

As many have said, two worlds has its flaws. But then again so did OB and so did MW. That doesnt mean that they werent amazing games. Personally i love them all.

PS, Oblivions straight forward gameplay was good in someways and bad in others. Many of the long time fans of TES absolutly hated Ob for the reasons i have posted, how much hand holding it does sent them over the edge. That was the great thing about morrowind, someone gave me the quest and told me where to go. I had to find it myself, i couldnt fast travel there. But if you are trying to get new younger fans into the series this isnt a good thing there for the dumbed downt the game so to speak. Now they have an even larger fan base so hopefully they can find some good middle ground and make everyone happy ;)

I feel EXACTLY the same way. There's practically nothing else I can say. Hell, I'll still even play Morrowind (on my Xbox, and yes I still have my Xbox) because its STILL fun as hell. I would play on the 360 since it has backwards compatability but with so much time invested into it I don't want to start over lol. Anyways, Two Worlds and Oblivion are two seperate games and should be treated as such. Oblivion wasn't the first RPG of it's type nor will it be the last. I love both games and will continue to play them both for a long time to come. So all in all, I can't pick which one is best since I love them both equally. I just wish Two Worlds could've received as big of a budget as Oblivion did.

NicholasK
09-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Oblivion is the better game, but there are a couple things that two worlds does that are about 10x better than in oblivion.
The loot, for example, is great. Tons of weapons and armor that all put oblivion's sparse selection to shame. There's also a huge distinction between the different regions that Oblivion altogether lacked.
Combat with groups is done far better, you can see areas of knights warring with orcs in some locations, others orcs fighting enemies that wander the area, it's very well done. The enemies in Two Worlds have far more variety. For one thing, finally- an RPG with dragons. The enemies also band and cluster together like in an MMO which makes much more sense than Oblivion's setup.

technique420
09-01-2007, 11:36 PM
by far oblivion.

Graham31004
09-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Oblivion hands down.

I have the balls to say Two Worlds sucks. Yeah it might be an ok game but $60? Give me a fucking break. I don't want to hear this low budget talk. They lied to everyone saying things like "Oblivion Killer" "This game is 100% next generation RPG" (MY ASS) "It's Oblivion on Steroids" "The new ten standard to measure all other RPG's against". These are all on the box! My point is that even though it may be a fun game and a fun RPG after you play it for a few hours, this isn't next gen. This doesn't even deserve the Xbox 360 tag. The opening cut scene is pathetic and the voices are even worse. Did these guys really not recognize these crucial errors when making the game or not even care?

Anyways, Two Worlds may be a fun game but it doesn't even deserve to be in the same breath as Oblivion. I'm sure most would agree with me.

Zef
09-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Moved to General 360 discussion as the thread is comparing different games =)

I'd have to say that I prefer Oblivion though, Two Worlds just doesn't look all that good. I'd have to play it to change my mind though since it isn't out until next week.

thecrazyguy
09-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I would have to say oblivion all the way. I played two worlds, and was actually quite excited about it prior to that, but it's just not good. I gave it every chance I could and I just couldnt find a reason to like it. But that's just me.

TimmayTheTurtle
09-02-2007, 04:35 PM
lol everyone says oblvion,

but how could you not?
you could play that game for a year straight and prolly not get bored if you were good.

RedstaR
09-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Some aspects of Oblivon are better then Two Worlds and some aspects of Two Worlds are better then Oblivion but overall I would say Oblivion wins this one, just because right when you start off and get a feel for it, it's fun to play.

Cold Rival
09-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Off Topic: / The reason I'm posting:

You spelt Oblivion wrong in the thread title. :rolleyes:

Lol at n00bz!

On Topic:

Oblivion is quite simply a better game. It's probably the best RPG on the 360, with the only down side being that there's no online play.

deagle134
09-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Oblivion=amazing two worlds=crap