PDA

View Full Version : When is the patch out?

Cyano Khaar
05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm holding off on grabbing this collection until the patch comes out. It was announced on April 25th that they'd be patching both Downpour and the HD Collection but we haven't heard a peep since.

Any news I haven't been aware of?

Thanks. :)

Int3rnalF3ar
05-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Wait, you haven't even bought the game yet to at least test it out because you're waiting on a patch? You're missing out, man. I've been playing this collection, and have had no problems at all. What is the patch going to fix? Also have Downfall, but it's chilling at my girlfriends house because she wanted play it:(

TwoZacksOneCup
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
The only problems I had with the game were different in each one.

SH2 - The only issue I had was the music when you encounter a nurse. The music carries on for a few seconds after they'd died, leading you to believe another was nearby.

SH3 - After each boss the game would lag for up to 10 seconds. The game lags like crazy when you use the unlimited submachine gun.

That was literally all the problems I had, although the game is installed on a new Xbox, I've heard other people have a few other problems like complete crashes after bosses and loading up the results screen. That's about it.

Nothing worth not buying the game over IMO :)

ImaginaryRuins
05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Wait, you haven't even bought the game yet to at least test it out because you're waiting on a patch? You're missing out, man. I've been playing this collection, and have had no problems at all.

Same here. I played both Downpour and HD, and I already 1000G-ed both. Without a patch I still managed to complete the two games.

This is not like e.g. Batman Arkham City PC version, where a number of players reported on the official forums that there were bugs rendering the storymode uncompletable. The technical issues in Silent Hill are bearable.

O918
05-12-2012, 03:12 AM
having recently played sh2 on the ps2 before i bought HD, i can say that there is very little reduction in quality in the 360 port. the darkness lag in between loading screens (ie- when the nurses destroy you in brookhaven going between hallways) exists just as bad in the ps2 version as it does in HD. its true that they didnt get the fog quite right in the streets (you can see fine up until a very defined fog barrier).

I cant say anything about sh3, but sh2 is completely playable as it is now.

vio2714
05-12-2012, 02:22 PM
I have to wait for the patch on SH3 because my game glitched out. I can't get the results screen on my hard/hard playthrough going for the UFO ending. I could just new game plus but im literally saved in the apt so I will just wait.

victimroyalty
05-12-2012, 09:37 PM
I want the patch, but it's not like not having it makes the game unplayable. There's issues that make it annoying like the lip syncing being off, and it lags when you get achievements, as well as horrible lag when you use the unlimited sub-machine gun, but it's still playable and I wouldn't wait for a patch. Only Silent Hill 2 glitch I've had is ticking noises in the apartments, but it seems others are having different ones so maybe there is more. Too good to wait. Oh wait, if you count the fog in Silent Hill 2 being completely gone in portions like the first encounter with Maria or the boat part, then I guess you may want to experience that the right way. As it is now, it's pretty bad, but is the patch going to fix that?

ImaginaryRuins
05-13-2012, 09:39 AM
I have to wait for the patch on SH3 because my game glitched out. I can't get the results screen on my hard/hard playthrough going for the UFO ending. I could just new game plus but im literally saved in the apt so I will just wait.

I also could not get the result screen of UFO ending loaded, but the achievement(s) nevertheless unlocked for me as I checked my console after restarting

vio2714
05-15-2012, 02:23 PM
I also could not get the result screen of UFO ending loaded, but the achievement(s) nevertheless unlocked for me as I checked my console after restarting

Yeah I hit the eject button which sent me back the dashboard and they popped there.

HabsCen10ial
05-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I have the game but I haven't started it yet. With Max Payne 3 coming out today I thought I might just wait for the patch to play this. The fact that there isn't a date for it yet isn't helping though.

RENT A KILL
05-17-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm holding off on grabbing this collection until the patch comes out. It was announced on April 25th that they'd be patching both Downpour and the HD Collection but we haven't heard a peep since. posted by cyano khaar

im the same I refuse to buy this game untill all major problems are fixed
besides there should not have had any problems in the first place its just two old games in HD there was no problem with MGS HD or as far as im aware there was no major problems with DMC HD either :confused::confused::confused:

virgil must die
05-30-2012, 12:16 AM
i found silent hill 2 doable, some of the glitches occured like the boss death freeze and a few sound things but its silent hill 3 that ruined it for me, after the first boss the screen it freezes like crazy for 20 seconds and ive heard it gets worst. Also the silent hill 2 results screen takes AGES to load and im kinda worried about the SH3 one now. The patch cant come out quick enuff!

Jonesin
05-31-2012, 08:44 PM
It wasn't too bad for me at all. No sound issues but the usual lagggg when you would get a cheevo or hit the results screen. And yeah the unlimited submachine gun in SH3 makes you lag bad. But after about 14 playthroughs the only time it froze was when I picked up the Green Hyper Spray!