PDA

View Full Version : Battle Against the Goddess: Warning

Foxhound300
05-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I found a glitch yesterday when I beat Master Ninja. After killing Theodore with the Talons I went through the QTE sequence with the Goddess and then I started the next round of the fight where you're fighting the Bird Fiends or whatever they're called.

Anyway, I switched to my sword, died, respawned, and when I tried to switch to my sword again (the checkpoint had saved me with the Talons) I couldn't change weapons. This happened every time I died (and I died a lot, mostly due to the frustration of having to use the Talons) until I finally got enough Ninpo to beat the area, after which point I could change back to my sword.

tl;dr Beat Theodore with whatever weapon you want use during the first phase of the goddess, because there's a glitch that prevents you from changing weapons.

KickedSpoon
05-11-2012, 03:23 AM
I can confirm this. Same thing happened to me whilst playing on master ninja. I was stuck using the scythe.

jedink
05-13-2012, 06:11 AM
that's strange, i didn't know you can switch weapons, Ive always been using the sword

a7x4lyf3
05-13-2012, 09:41 PM
that's strange, i didn't know you can switch weapons, Ive always been using the swordYou can switch weapons in the campaign only if you have the dlc that includes those weapons which is Ninja pack 1 lite, Ninja Pack 1, Ninja Pack 2, Great Scythe, or Metal Claws, you change weapons the same way you changed them in NG2, press up on the D-pad, be warned though, sometimes it's a bit unresponsive and for some reason you cannot change weapons while moving so I suggest if you're on a higher difficulty to pull the weapon out you wanna use before the battle starts.

Foxhound300
05-14-2012, 12:49 AM
for some reason you cannot change weapons while moving

Not true, I've changed weapons in mid air.

GSTAR321
05-14-2012, 02:13 PM
I found a glitch yesterday when I beat Master Ninja. After killing Theodore with the Talons I went through the QTE sequence with the Goddess and then I started the next round of the fight where you're fighting the Bird Fiends or whatever they're called.

Anyway, I switched to my sword, died, respawned, and when I tried to switch to my sword again (the checkpoint had saved me with the Talons) I couldn't change weapons. This happened every time I died (and I died a lot, mostly due to the frustration of having to use the Talons) until I finally got enough Ninpo to beat the area, after which point I could change back to my sword.

tl;dr Beat Theodore with whatever weapon you want use during the first phase of the goddess, because there's a glitch that prevents you from changing weapons.

I don't understand. You obviously used the claws running Y Y combo to launch Theodore into the air, then X Y to finish it.

I'm not sure if you realize this but i'll offer a few pointers:

1. Using the Claws you can do a combo, and i'm not sure if you've ever done this before, but its: X Y (this launches the bird fiends in the air), then press X X X Y. This will perform whats called an Izuna Drop and it will kill the birds instantly. You can then get in close to the birds and either press X or Y to perform an obliteration technique. This will finish them off and add some nice dosage to your ninpo meter.

2. Using the Dragon Sword you can do a combo, and i'm not sure if you've ever done this before, but its: X Y (this launches the bird fiends in the air), then press X X X Y. This will perform whats called an Izuna Drop and it will kill the birds instantly. You can then get in close to the birds and either press X or Y to perform an obliteration technique. This will finish them off and add some nice dosage to your ninpo meter.

I'm not sure if you've heard of the Izuna Drop before but it's really good to use it on Master Ninja difficulty and you actually get an achievement for doing an Izuna Drop too.

Hope this helps.

a7x4lyf3
05-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Not true, I've changed weapons in mid air.I've tried changing weapons while moving and in mid air, even spammed the d-pad while doing so, still wouldn't let me, please fill me in on your secret lol.

Foxhound300
05-14-2012, 11:11 PM
I've tried changing weapons while moving and in mid air, even spammed the d-pad while doing so, still wouldn't let me, please fill me in on your secret lol.

I guess I found the sweet spot then, because I typically can pull it off. I'll try it again sometime and post again if you really want to know.

>telling me how to do an Izuna Drop

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic to me or not. I'm going to decide not because I'm trying to be nice today.

1. If I was able to beat Master Ninja without ever using Izuna Drop, I would probably be the best Ninja Gaiden player in the world.

2. It's not that I can't do Izuna Drop, it's that the claws are so SICKENINGLY inconsistent when it comes to OTs and successful Izuna Drops that I kept dying before my Ninpo would get full.

3. I'm not sure what confuses you about this. Me dying a lot? I hate the claws. The glitch? Yeah, it confuses me too. It might have something to do with the long QTE sequence before the battle.

a7x4lyf3
05-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Did I just see 1 Gaiden player try to tell another Gaiden player how to do an Izuna Drop? I don't want too live on this planet anymore... Her derp...

Shadow MC
05-16-2012, 10:55 AM
I'll try to keep this glitch in mind if I can ever get past that damned ambush on day 3.

I find that when I want to switch weapons it's a bit unresponsive, for some reason this is especially applicable to the times just after I've died and restarted from a checkpoint. On a slightly different note, I can confirm that it is possible to switch weapons while jumping as I did it a number of times yesterday on master ninja.