PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about this one...

DragonusDarque
05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I had high hopes for this game when I first heard about it, but after playing the demo, I wasn't impressed. It appears to be trying to be a Lord of the Rings type game.
It needs a few things, though. Most notably are lock-on. I start slashing someone and he moves, but I am stuck in my attack animation before I can turn. Also, there is too much going on. At one point, I had 6 characters fighting with me and had no idea who I was supposed to attack. I couldn't see any of the enemies because the other characters were blocking them.
Also, why does this game not use the full TV screen? This is odd and I have never seen it before. I have an HDTV and all games fill the entire screen, but this one leaves black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
Lastly, it seems like a button-masher. No real strategy needed. When I fought the griffon in the "prologue quest", all I did was keep hitting light attack, occasionally grabbing onto it to attack. If I ran low on health, I pressed left for help from my comrades, who healed me. There was no point where I was unsure if I would defeat this thing or not. It was simply a matter of time.

Darth Cuda
05-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Theres a box that says its not a final product , demo version blah, blah...thats there for a reason.

tkhbecker
05-22-2012, 01:10 AM
I had high hopes for this game when I first heard about it, but after playing the demo, I wasn't impressed. DEMO- Noun: A demonstration of the capabilities of something, typically computer software or a musical group: "we hired them to produce a demo tape".

It appears to be trying to be a Lord of the Rings type game.You mean an RPG type game or an Action Adventure type game. Or something Fantasy like D&D?

It needs a few things, though. Most notably are lock-on. I start slashing someone and he moves, but I am stuck in my attack animation before I can turn.Lock on is a lazy invention. Anyone who has played a Monster Hunter game know the satisfaction in taking down a Rathalos without the Lazy Loc.

Also, there is too much going on. At one point, I had 6 characters fighting with me and had no idea who I was supposed to attack. I couldn't see any of the enemies because the other characters were blocking them.So IF they were trying too hard to be Lord of the Rings-esq wasnt the opening scene like a battle of thousands?

Also, why does this game not use the full TV screen? This is odd and I have never seen it before. I have an HDTV and all games fill the entire screen, but this one leaves black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.Is there a "Letterbox" option?

Lastly, it seems like a button-masher. No real strategy needed. When I fought the griffon in the "prologue quest", all I did was keep hitting light attack, occasionally grabbing onto it to attack. If I ran low on health, I pressed left for help from my comrades, who healed me. There was no point where I was unsure if I would defeat this thing or not. It was simply a matter of time.Well instead of just button mashing why didnt you switch to the Bows and Arrows and use another tactic, instead of saying theres a lack there of?

Overall I do not think this warranted a new thread but couldve piggy backed one of the other 2 threads that had gripes bout the demo. IMOO

the emcee
05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
This game isn't for you, you shouldn't buy it. Perhaps you need something's less hardcore.

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-22-2012, 01:29 PM
This game isn't for you, you shouldn't buy it. Perhaps you need something's less hardcore.
Only problem I have with this game is that the autosave overwrites the main save, and theres only 1 save slot. Plus theres no quick travel so you have to walk everywhere. You can use a stone that transports you back to one town but it costs $10k each time (not that much money in the game but still) and there hard to find people who sell it.