PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your Gamertag/Gamerscore?

Graham31004
08-28-2007, 08:44 AM
I was just sitting here thinking if MS will be smart enough to make Gamertag's along with Gamerscore's transferrable to the next Xbox in the future. I know you could transfer your GT from the original XboxLive to 360 but I wonder if they'll let you keep your points etc. It would be great if they did.

Zef
08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
They will probably make whole gamercards transferrable, if they even decide to have achievements and gamerscores on the next machine. As you said, gamertags could be brought over from an Xbox to a 360 so chances are Microsoft will let you do that once again.

JJBDude
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I've thought about this before, and came to the conclusion that it would be transferrable so we need not worry.

teh x3nomorph
08-28-2007, 02:56 PM
I would be willing to bet 1 years salary that your tag can transfer, and that you will keep your points. The dude who thought up achievements is brilliant, and games that really should have tanked are doing well simply because of achievement points.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

|oneyedNewb|
08-28-2007, 03:01 PM
im sure they will, hopefully they'll make the 360 games we have at the moment
we will probably be able to play on the xbox in the future.

cyberhookup
08-28-2007, 03:28 PM
They will probably make whole gamercards transferrable, if they even decide to have achievements and gamerscores on the next machine.
What do you mean if they decide to have achievements and gamerscore on the next machine? Im my opinion its the best thing they have done so far with there "work in progress" on a good console. If they dont have it on the next machine I probably won't play as many games as
I do now. I usually only play games for the gamerscore not the actual gameplay I'm sorry to admit.

Ghost x360a
08-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I hope so, if not I could probably live with it. As long as the do put achievements in the next Xbox (which I dont see why the wouldnt) I will be happy.:D

p4in redefined
08-29-2007, 01:24 AM
id bet my mother they make gamercards transferable but the gamerscore depends if the next xbox has achievements.

|oneyedNewb|
08-29-2007, 01:33 AM
id bet my mother they make gamercards transferable but the gamerscore depends if the next xbox has achievements.
OMFG!
ofcourse the next xbox would have achievements, microsoft are making wayy much more money than most people because of achievements.

TimmayTheTurtle
08-29-2007, 01:47 AM
I was just sitting here thinking if MS will be smart enough to make Gamertag's along with Gamerscore's transferrable to the next Xbox in the future. I know you could transfer your GT from the original XboxLive to 360 but I wonder if they'll let you keep your points etc. It would be great if they did.

lol thinkin ahead much?

its gonna be a while till a third xbox comes out:p

|oneyedNewb|
08-29-2007, 02:01 AM
usually takes 5 years for a new console to appear, so almost another 3 years.

Tussell
08-29-2007, 02:01 AM
As mentioned before, that's only if they have achievements.

If they don't allow you transfer, it's not that big of a deal, I doubt you wouldn't be able to get your name, since everyone need to make a new name again. So I assume you will be able to make your name again.

SRH KRONIC
08-29-2007, 02:29 AM
yea they'll make it so you can bring your tag over..... but they better keep achievements on xbox3.

Achievements have totally changed how I look at games.... to me playing games that don't have achievements (ps/nintendo/original xbox games) are kinda a waster of time unless it's a really good game... and achievements have saved a bunch of shitty games, before if a game was shitty it was shitty, but now if a game's shitty...it's ok it has easy achievements :-p

Tussell
08-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Yeah, it almost makes me upset that achievements are around, because it makes me appreciate other games much less.

PerpetualHeaven
08-29-2007, 03:24 AM
I hope they don't just stick to numerical achievements. I think the entire concept of achievements is awesome but I think what will separate them from others will just something different. I mean PS3 has trophies which I think it pretty cool. Something new would be toight. A mixture of numbers and something else would be cool.

Tiamat66
08-29-2007, 03:32 AM
I'm sure they'll let us keep our gamertags if nothing else. Even if they upgrade from numerals to something more flashy, if they could just show that number somewhere in a profile of what you did on the previous system, I'd be fine with that...

Jdm
08-30-2007, 02:13 AM
I've actually created a similar thread to this one a longgggg time ago.

I, for one believe that M$ is smart enough to know where the money is at and that is in the whole Gamerscore and Achievement system. Letting go of such a brilliant idea would be an absolute waste.

Tell me now M$, so I can stop whoring!:p

08-30-2007, 04:35 AM
It's funny. Part of me doesn't want to see them go, but another part of me wants a shot at number one in the world right out of the box. I think that they should have two numbers on the next tags: one logo with the new score next to it and one logo with the old.

Most Frantic
08-31-2007, 01:41 AM
If they are transferable it makes my gamerscore just that much more important!