PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer.

H lAl T R E D
05-14-2012, 01:57 AM
How is it? That's the only thing that might keep me from getting the game. Is it as stupidly infuriating as RDR's? E.G, go to turn around and your character walks a thousand fucking miles to the right instead of just turning sharply? I mean Jesus, it's like I was wearing fucking moon-boots.

Also, how does the bullet time work in MP? Seems like it'd be annoying as shit, personally. I wish they'd just cut it out of MP. Yeah, yeah, integral part of Max Payne, yada yada.

I know the game doesn't "come out" for two more days, but I know some people got it early. Wasn't sure if maybe you folks have been playing together, or if you can even do that yet.

KuShNsTieN
05-14-2012, 02:09 AM
the multiplayer trailers can give you an idea on how they move, you should check it out

Dirty130
05-14-2012, 04:48 AM
Multiplayer is good. It's RDR crossed with Uncharted. Bullet Time isn't overpowered, I don't even use it and kill people who try to use it against me most times.

rapture23
05-14-2012, 05:08 AM
Multiplayer is good. It's RDR crossed with Uncharted. Bullet Time isn't overpowered, I don't even use it and kill people who try to use it against me most times.

Just what I wanted to here. Uncharted's MP is awesome. I haven't tried MP yet only SP but this looks like it might improve on uncharted's MP a little from the videos I've seen. This will be the breath of fresh air that MP on 360 needs. I know that MP 3 is coming to Ps3 and PC also but as far as I know 360 doesn't have any MP quite like this. Everything seems so samey when it comes to MP on 360 now a days. I can't wait to try MP.

DEG23
05-14-2012, 05:22 AM
For those who have played it, are there any tactics required to win or is everyone running around blasting anything that moves

Dirty130
05-14-2012, 06:36 AM
I use alot of cover, but I see alot of running and gunning.

Kizen
05-14-2012, 06:45 AM
For those who have played it, are there any tactics required to win or is everyone running around blasting anything that moves

Mix of both. I started tactical, then I started running and gunning with the MP10 or my 1911.
It's really fun, but kids can ruin fun by being cheap, but not that many douches are playing yet.

UberPirateNinja
05-14-2012, 07:09 AM
wait, you can use bullet time in the mp?? how does that work?

Nevander
05-14-2012, 07:44 AM
My question is boosting difficulty. Is it easy to boost XP?

2Tall
05-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Mix of both. I started tactical, then I started running and gunning with the MP10 or my 1911.
It's really fun, but kids can ruin fun by being cheap, but not that many douches are playing yet.
What cheap, douchy tactics have you seen so far?

Evo Kazz
05-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah I would like to know, what are the online achievements like? How is leveling up etc? Is it another GTA4? Or is it pretty quick to max out the online aspect achievement wise.

VVh1pCr3am
05-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Gang Wars will be the fastest way to rank up due to the objectives that can be completed. 5 rounds each match, maps are huge, 8v8. The first 4 rounds have a different objective with each round lasting about 5 minutes. The final round I think is always TDM. Depending on how many of the earlier rounds your team won will give you a lead in points in the last round. Leveling will still take a long time though.

Barad
05-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah I thought Gang Wars would be the easiest to milk xp. Similar to the gang hideouts on Red Dead. Even if leveling takes long I'm guessing this doesn't even compare to rank 10 on GTA 4..that took forever.

Purple Hooter
05-14-2012, 06:10 PM
What cheap, douchy tactics have you seen so far?

I'm sure as soon as exploits and cheap tactics surface, every desperate DB will be using them until Ghost Recon comes out next week.

Dirty130
05-14-2012, 08:50 PM
wait, you can use bullet time in the mp?? how does that work? Yes, you can use Bullet Time. It works on a line of site mechanic. Works fine on online but not my choice of Burst.

My question is boosting difficulty. Is it easy to boost XP? No, I don't think so. Not unless you hack/mod.

What cheap, douchy tactics have you seen so far? D-Bag modders mainly, not many but they are out there. Seen atleast 6, all level 50 with minimal skill coming in 2nd last and last game after game. Hope R* eats the modders for breakfast!

Yeah I would like to know, what are the online achievements like? How is leveling up etc? Is it another GTA4? Or is it pretty quick to max out the online aspect achievement wise. Leveling up is just like RDR. A copy and paste actually, just like most of the multiplayer (which is fine by me).

I'm sure as soon as exploits and cheap tactics surface, every desperate DB will be using them until Ghost Recon comes out next week. Like I said already, modders are all over it with all the skins, clothes, weapons, attachments and bursts unlocked already.

WalterWhite
05-14-2012, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't worry about the level 50 achievement, if it's anything like Red Dead Redemption they'll be doing bonus XP events alot. I follow Rockstar on Twitter and they still annouce Triple XP for Red Dead all the time.

IrishGorilla47
05-14-2012, 11:54 PM
It shouldn't be too bad.

Annalie
05-15-2012, 12:20 AM
For anyone who has the game, can the Multiplayer be boosted like red dead redemption's?.