View Full Version : Question about graphics

05-15-2012, 02:30 AM
So does anyone know which engine its using?
Like the IW3.0 engine is used for black ops and the IW4.0 engine used for MW2 and MW3.
Any idea which engine they are using for black ops 2?

People are saying its probably the IW3.0 engine again but just upgraded because Treyarch themselves said they updated the lighting and graphics for black ops 2 for whatever IW engine they are using

05-15-2012, 05:41 AM
I just hope to god they aren't using the one Black Ops did. WaW's, MW2 and 3's is fine with me. Black Ops looked like a downgrade from WaW personally. I thought WaW had much better graphics.

05-15-2012, 09:20 AM
"We asked ourselves that very same question - we wanted to advance the graphics. I think the questions are valid. The answer may not need to be an entirely new engine, but you might need to do an entire overhaul of your entire lighting system.

"The trick is, we're not willing to do that if we can't keep it running at 60 frames per second - but we did that this time. So this is the Black Ops II engine," said Lamia.
So whatever they choose, it's going to be a slightly tweaked engine, or in other words, the same as the last 4-5 COD games.

And people had the nerve to blame the current gen consoles of limiting Call of Duty from looking better than the last. Ha!

05-22-2012, 12:32 AM
I want MW2 graphics. Simple as that.

05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Just gimme some colourful maps, and I'll be happy.

05-29-2012, 11:10 PM
BO or MW3 graphics...either work. I actually prefer the 3d mapping of BO to that of MW3. Easier to judge distances, and make out characters.

06-04-2012, 07:17 PM
So whatever they choose, it's going to be a slightly tweaked engine, or in other words, the same as the last 4-5 COD games.

And people had the nerve to blame the current gen consoles of limiting Call of Duty from looking better than the last. Ha!

Wouldn't be talking about me Dave Von der haar would you? He explicitly blamed the consoles of holding back the graphics, funny how the third out of 6 next gen COD games (mw2) was the best looking game by a mile

06-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Its IW3.0

they are too lazy to re add everything they did on black ops to IW4.0

Its dumb because they claim to have "spent extensive time with lighting" yets its nothing compared to IW4.0 with MW2 or MW3..

Id like their games alot more if they'd just use the latest tech.. and then add their own unique feel to it.. but they wont for some reason..

Probably will never get a nice looking CoD again like MW2.

Burnout x360a
06-12-2012, 03:53 PM
The visuals in the games are good but nothing insane, that 60fps requirement has its limits.

MW2 and Black Ops are the best looking though.

Skorpion XBA
06-12-2012, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=MW2 and Black Ops are the best looking though.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If BO2 looks at least like either of these then I'm happy.

06-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Black Ops is the worst looking CoD to date.

I would rather play a CoD game made with the engine used for the original CoD than the Black Ops one.

Maybe it's just the 360's capabilities or the way in which they threw it together, because CoD1 on my PC looks 100x better that Black Ops.

Oh one last thing, anti-aliasing.

Guitarr Steve
06-22-2012, 11:37 PM
I personally think Black Ops looks pretty good. It has a cartoon style to it that makes me want to play it for some reason. :p

06-23-2012, 10:35 PM
The 360 in no way limits the graphics in this game. There are tons of other games that look better than CoD, who cares about 60 fps? BF3 runs at what, 30 fps?

06-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Cod no more ...

06-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Cod no more ...

cod some more

07-11-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm not sure what they'll do. Probably a modified IW3.0 engine. But graphics can't get a whole lot better on the 360 due to hard where. It doesn't have some sort of "Retina Display" stuff like the new Apple stuff.

Black Ops textures did seem a bit weird, but I'd rather a good game with okay graphics than a shitty game with good graphics (In the cod spectrum - MW3).

07-19-2012, 10:47 AM
How i love the "Graphics discussion" everytime when a new CoD comes out.
ALL CoDs have the same Graphics Engine, an over 11 years heavily modified Quake3Team Areana Engine, just because Infinity Ward calls it IW Engine 1.0/5.0 or something,
it is still the same engine, just heavily modded like the Half Life Engine which was Quake 1's Engine.

And there are some reasons why they won't do a CoD (in this current generation)
with a new Engine, because....

1: This Engine runs almost perfect on X360
2: Every Developing Team knows how to handle/create with this engine.
3: The Engine is (license)free since 2 years or so, so they don't have to pay Id Software Royalites/Fees for using that engine anymore,which means more money for activision.

And why the Fück doesn't any of these graphichorny dumb kiddies bitch about the abuse of the unreal 3 engine? Every fücking game uses it since 2006.
It's always bitching about the big guys and jump on the bandwagon.

07-20-2012, 12:46 AM
I really want Black Ops 2 to have enjoyable gameplay, riveting storyline, interesting characters, fresh MP, fun Zombie mode. Oh wait this is a discussion about graphics, ok scrap my previous list, i just want the game to look pretty:confused:

07-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Finally someone with common sense or above avage intelligence here.