PDA

View Full Version : Harder than any Cave Shooter

R34L91
05-15-2012, 01:28 PM
I really love the shmup genre. I am not the best at it but I am decent. In my opinion this game is harder than any Cave Shooter out there, I mean Cave smups are hard but you can actually manage them if you learn some patterns and the controls are very precise. In addition to that you can clearly see your hitbox but in Sine Mora its not 100% clear where your hitbox is and the colour of the bullets often look too much like the background, also the controls are not as precise as in Cave games and enemies drop power ups randomly as far as I can tell. By the way I am talking about the Arcade Mode, Story is easy to complete even with these problems. I think the game looks great and the artwork direction is amazing but gameplay wise I am a little bit disappointed. I just wanted to share my opinion because some people are telling you that this is one of the easier shmups out there, well in fact for me its one of the hardest.

F Swan
05-15-2012, 10:43 PM
The controls are not the best ...
But try playing with a turbo pad, makes Arcade much much easier ;)

To be honest, I found arcade hard just trying to take down bosses, purely because of the little amount of time you get and how weak your shot is.

R34L91
05-16-2012, 12:46 AM
The controls are not the best ...
But try playing with a turbo pad, makes Arcade much much easier ;)

To be honest, I found arcade hard just trying to take down bosses, purely because of the little amount of time you get and how weak your shot is.

Wooow using a turbo bad is an amazing idea, I tried it with my TE fightstick, its the only controller I have with a turbo function but the stick is just too sensitive :(. Which controller are you using? Thanks again for that hint, that really helped me out..:uzi:

F Swan
05-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Its no problem, glad to help. I play quite a few shooters, but I prefer ones you just hold the trigger you know ... I found the shot so weak in this game!

Originally I was using my old Street Fighter IV pad, but its a bit broken so diagonal up right just doesn't work, so wasn't really helping!
But now I've got a WildFire wired controller, not the greatest for control but I'll take what I can get lol.

R34L91
05-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Its no problem, glad to help. I play quite a few shooters, but I prefer ones you just hold the trigger you know ... I found the shot so weak in this game!

Originally I was using my old Street Fighter IV pad, but its a bit broken so diagonal up right just doesn't work, so wasn't really helping!
But now I've got a WildFire wired controller, not the greatest for control but I'll take what I can get lol.

I agree with that, the shot in this game is really weak. I just ordered a controller with turbo function, I am playing a lot of shooters recently so I think its worth it, anyway thank you again for that nice tip ;)

F Swan
05-17-2012, 10:48 PM
No problem, I hope it helps :)

Helg0r
05-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Cave games without visible hitbox: Esp.Ra.De, Espgaluda, Espgaluda II (except when using laser), Muchi Muchi Pork, Ibara, Pink Sweets, DonPachi, DoDonPachi, DoDonPachi DaiOuJou, Guwange, Dangun Feveron, Ketsui, ...

...and what prevents you to learn patterns in Sine Mora?