PDA

View Full Version : Achievments not unlocking?

StrangeStatic
05-16-2012, 04:39 AM
Im currently playing on Medium with Soft lock on. Im on Chapter IV. I havent got any achievements for the first three chapters. This happen to anyone else?

tripleb2k
05-16-2012, 04:41 AM
- If they're specific tasks like 'kill 6 enemies jumping through the VIP window' you need to have Free Aim on.
- you can't fail a task like the VIP window one buy restarting the checkpoint. you need to exit back to the menu and continue the game from there or do it later on with chapter select
- There aren't any 'complete chapter' achievements, only 'part 1, part 2 and part 3.'

Rep
05-16-2012, 04:46 AM
- If they're specific tasks like 'kill 6 enemies jumping through the VIP window' you need to have Free Aim on.
- you can't fail a task like the VIP window one buy restarting the checkpoint. you need to exit back to the menu and continue the game from there or do it later on with chapter select
- There aren't any 'complete chapter' achievements, only 'part 1, part 2 and part 3.'

This. You'll probably end up with about 10 achievements at the end of the game if you're not going for the miscellaneous ones. Just have fun during your first playthrough, then go back with chapter select and finish them off.

ColdSpider72
05-16-2012, 06:09 AM
'

That's not true. I restarted the checkpoint 3 times while going for that and it popped no problem when I finally did it.

good ol boy366
05-16-2012, 05:05 PM
That's not true. I restarted the checkpoint 3 times while going for that and it popped no problem when I finally did it.

i can also confirm this...but for the 100% accuracy when covering passo achievement, restarting the checkpoint will not work.

Rep
05-16-2012, 05:12 PM
i can also confirm this...but for the 100% accuracy when covering passo achievement, restarting the checkpoint will not work.

You can only restart it before Passos' starts to move up. I think it's the first three guys that you see.

cheifjordan
05-16-2012, 05:20 PM
If you miss one of the shots, just let him get killed and it will start at the checkpoint, I did this till I got the achievement no prob.

anorexicwes
05-16-2012, 08:12 PM
All wrong about the passos achievement, restarted checkpoint 4 or 5 times and still got it.

BranLP84
05-17-2012, 05:16 PM
About the 'Cover Passos With Perfect Aim' achievement (named 'The One Eyed Man Is King'), you CAN restart the checkpoint while Passos is at the BOTTOM of the bleacher stairs. Once Passos begins making his way UP the bleacher stairs during the cutscene, you HAVE to hit EVERYONE else after this point or you'll miss your chance at this achievement. If you choose Restart Checkpoint after a miss, TRUST ME, you CAN'T get this achievement. I've tried. This video link (SOG) The One Eyed Man Is King - Trophy I Achievement Unlock (MAX PAYNE 3) - YouTube will further prove my point. This video shows a GREAT strategy on how to get this achievement. I can let you know that it DOESN'T matter if you're in Free Aim, Soft Lock, OR Hard Lock. The Difficulty setting doesn't matter either. If you DO have to go back to the Main Menu because of missing a shot or you just want to know what Chapter and Checkpoint this is, it's Chapter 3, Checkpoint 12. Hope this helps anyone that needed clarification.