PDA

View Full Version : Where is the other 200 gamer score?

ABomb
05-16-2012, 06:18 AM
I thought all arcade titles are supposed to have 400 gamer score but only 200 are listed? 200 gamer score via DLC :(

Rep
05-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Just going to quote what The Pants Party had replied in the other thread regarding the 200/400 gamerscore.

Any game releasing before May 31st had the option and they chose 200. More on that here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...ming-Soon.html (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news-2563-XBLA-Achievement-Policy-Change-Coming-Soon.html)

Rickmassacre
05-16-2012, 06:24 AM
not all games have to have 400

possible there could be dlc though

Eazynem Makaveli
05-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Later this summer all arcade games will have 400GS permanently.

IEvil IMonkey
05-16-2012, 10:00 AM
So this game was originally going to be free

Then they stuck Kinect on it and charged full 39.99 retail price on it

Now it's back on xbla where it should be for 800msp

Thanks alot MS!!!

Least it looks like a very easy 200g =)

Hoffer
05-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Later this summer all arcade games will have 400GS permanently.

I think it was said all games released in June or later must have 400GS.

Baihu1983
05-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Yep come June all games must have 400GS

CoziestParasite
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
I wonder if we'll ever see something like Indie Games or Web Games get achievement support. They've already added those 50 GS Kinect gadgets, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to allow something similar for other content. Pretty sure the Indie Games have to be made with special software (XNA Developer's Kit or some such), so Microsoft could easily patch in support for creating Achievement lists, I would assume.

Also, OT, I read/heard somewhere that Microsoft will allow developers to retroactively add the extra 200 GS if they want, but I can't source it for verification, so I might be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if there's DLC for this game though, and since so many people are whining about the price for the game, it might even end up being free. So if it's gamerscore you're after, you might want to look out for something like that.

miiiguel
05-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I wonder if we'll ever see something like Indie Games or Web Games get achievement support. They've already added those 50 GS Kinect gadgets, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to allow something similar for other content. Pretty sure the Indie Games have to be made with special software (XNA Developer's Kit or some such), so Microsoft could easily patch in support for creating Achievement lists, I would assume.

Also, OT, I read/heard somewhere that Microsoft will allow developers to retroactively add the extra 200 GS if they want, but I can't source it for verification, so I might be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if there's DLC for this game though, and since so many people are whining about the price for the game, it might even end up being free. So if it's gamerscore you're after, you might want to look out for something like that.

Tbh, I hope not, I know it's kinda "cool" nowdays to be positive towards anything with the "indie logo" on it, but let's be fair, if they allowed achievements on the Live Indie Channel it wouldn't take long before some (lots?) of people started releasing "games" like "press A to get 50G". Did you take a good look at most Indie games on the channel ? They blantly copy each other, or/and most are plain crap. Not to be unfair to the ones which are good, but they're clearly the minority. That said, people are people, and do anything to make a buck.

Sincerely, hope not!

I mak3 big boom
05-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Tbh, I hope not, I know it's kinda "cool" nowdays to be positive towards anything with the "indie logo" on it, but let's be fair, if they allowed achievements on the Live Indie Channel it wouldn't take long before some (lots?) of people started releasing "games" like "press A to get 50G". Did you take a good look at most Indie games on the channel ? They blantly copy each other, or/and most are plain crap. Not to be unfair to the ones which are good, but they're clearly the minority. That said, people are people, and do anything to make a buck.

Sincerely, hope not!

I was thinking they could do something similar to what kongregate does where if the game is worthy of achievements it will be allowed for them to add them. Games like avatar legends or I made a game with zombies in it come to mind.

jorax
05-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Also, OT, I read/heard somewhere that Microsoft will allow developers to retroactively add the extra 200 GS if they want.

Sadly, this is incorrect.

WalterWhite
05-25-2012, 12:21 AM
I thought all arcade titles are supposed to have 400 gamer score but only 200 are listed? 200 gamer score via DLC :(

Be careful pointing things like this out on an achievement site, haha. I mentioned that I thought it was stupid that The Walking Dead Episode One was released with only 100GS over in that forum and people reacted like I organized the Holocaust.