PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition Announced

CMCX360
05-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Halo 4 Limited Edition

Available for preorder today, the Halo 4 Limited Edition maximizes your multiplayer experience and puts you in the boots of a Spartan-IV aboard the UNSC Infinity – the hub of your Halo multiplayer career.

The Halo 4 Limited Edition will be available at the estimated retail price of $99.99 and includes:

• War Games Map Pack Access

The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of future DLC with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!

• Specializations

Everyone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then.

• UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet

The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan-IVs. Story lovers will especially enjoy this in-fiction offering that provides a glimpse into the indoctrination of Spartans aboard the Infinity.

• Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition

The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

Digital content also includes in-fiction bonus content that expands the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, special featurette Bringing Gaming into Reality, and a behind the scenes look at the making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.

• Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE

The Limited Edition includes the following bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set.

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/05/16/The-Halo-Bulletin-51612.aspx

No Legendary Edition this time around. $100 for all this? Sold.

iBuzz7S
05-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Put me down for 1, with a possible 2 or 3 more kept on the side. Pending on how limited these are, it's easy to double your money by selling them on eBay.

HellspawnRei
05-16-2012, 04:01 PM
I always get Halo games on their Legendary or Collector's or whatever its called!
So this is a first day buy for me.

Nozza XBA
05-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Here's the photo of it. Maybe worth adding it to the top...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/halo4_simple_le_rgb_pegi16.jpg

MixMaker1
05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
I. can. not. wait.

DarkReign2021
05-16-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm disappointed there won't be a legendary edition this time :( Haven't gotten a good Uber Kit since Skyrim since ME3 chickened out and didn't offer one.

I'm gonna come right out and say it. That is the sexiest metal case I've seen yet! And of course, I'm getting this almost exclusively for the Infinity Briefing Packet. The pre-paid maps will be nice for getting 100% achievements without paying a ton extra though. As for the codes, those are probably going on Ebay like I did with the Halo: Reach codes. I wonder if the extended video will be on a second disc. I imagine it will be, so I guess I'm going to have to fire up photoshop to whip up a custom Boxart and nab an empty case for it.

ZingZitang
05-16-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm disappointed there won't be a legendary edition this time :( Haven't gotten a good Uber Kit since Skyrim since ME3 chickened out and didn't offer one.

I'm gonna come right out and say it. That is the sexiest metal case I've seen yet! And of course, I'm getting this almost exclusively for the Infinity Briefing Packet.
This. That Case. . . Wow!

Any word on How limited this is? I won't be able to make it to the Gamestop to upgrade until the 25th and I absolutely don't want to miss out.

If its actually limited, I may have to make a few phone calls.

crazy W01f 816
05-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Any word on How limited this is? I won't be able to make it to the Gamestop to upgrade until the 25th and I absolutely don't want to miss out.
About as limited as the rest. Limited is just a buzz word as far as I'm concerned.

I'm disappointed that there's no Legendary edition, but I'll get this either way.

SuperSkyline89
05-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Finally, I've been waiting for this to pre-order the game. Now to visit Amazon and see if they have this yet. Amazon Canada, I know Amazon America obviously has it up already.

Love the Spartan IV avatar armor. I've been wearing my ODST armor for years.

Ty-Rex
05-16-2012, 07:06 PM
I wish there was a Legendary Edition too that came with some ridiculous item that I could keep in the back of my closet like all the other games.

I guess I'll just set $50 on fire when I preorder the Limited Edition and get the same results.

Teh Phantomz
05-16-2012, 10:51 PM
I think it is awesome that there is a possibility for weapon skins for other weapons besides the assault rifle.

LickableLemons7
05-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I wish there was a Legendary Edition too that came with some ridiculous item that I could keep in the back of my closet like all the other games.

I guess I'll just set $50 on fire when I preorder the Limited Edition and get the same results.

That's pretty damn thrifty! I'll have to resort to those kind of tactics as well.

I'm torn between getting the standard edition or the limited edition. I mean, the steelbook is cool and all, but the box art on the standard edition is sah-weeet.

DarkReign2021
05-16-2012, 11:26 PM
That's pretty damn thrifty! I'll have to resort to those kind of tactics as well.

I'm torn between getting the standard edition or the limited edition. I mean, the steelbook is cool and all, but the box art on the standard edition is sah-weeet.

Get the Limited now, than pick up a copy of the original sometime down the road when it's a bit cheaper. That's what I'm planning on doing.

And Gheuh, why not actually do something with those fun little doo-dads? Set up a bookshelf or something and display them like I have:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/infernus2004/2012-05-16_19-19-40_74.jpg

CMCX360
05-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Finally, I've been waiting for this to pre-order the game. Now to visit Amazon and see if they have this yet. Amazon Canada, I know Amazon America obviously has it up already.

Love the Spartan IV avatar armor. I've been wearing my ODST armor for years.

Actually, Amazon America doesn't have the limited edition up yet.

I would know, I've checked.

20 times.

SuperSkyline89
05-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Actually, Amazon America doesn't have the limited edition up yet.

I would know, I've checked.

20 times.

Hopefully both get it up soon, I want to order and forget about it. Amazon Canada doesn't even have the standard game yet.

Vectorman953
05-17-2012, 04:13 AM
I'll be in for a limited as well. hopefully amazon can get on their shit so I can throw my money at the screen and forget for a few months. I'll likely just sell the avatar item codes online for a pretty penny which will offset the initial $100 loss well (I usually wouldn't have gone for the ultimate, given how awesome the $80 limited was with reach... And all I was missing out on was the (IMHO pointless) statue... I guess they removed that problem this time around)

I think ita pretty cool that they're throwing in the map packs, since that would have been another $30 I would have just spent down the road anyways.

The steelbook is sexy, and I have high hopes for the live action series, but the real bread and butter for me is the data packet.

Overall, this package has actually given me a really good feeling that 343 is going to do things right.

Tyger7
05-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Overall, this package has actually given me a really good feeling.

That's what she said!

Ensign Hugh Man
05-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm a little bit disappointed there isn't a Legendary Edition, but I've gotten over it already and pre-ordered my copy already.

CMCX360
05-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Here is the link for Amazon America.

Amazon.com: Halo 4 Limited Edition: Video Games

No release-date delivery yet, but it's wise to pre-order now.

Purge
05-17-2012, 03:17 PM
that's what she said!

lmao +1 :D

LoKuS773
05-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Here is the link for Amazon America.

Amazon.com: Halo 4 Limited Edition: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SYEYK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00)

No release-date delivery yet, but it's wise to pre-order now.

Thanks! preordered!! I couldnt find it listed when I looked.

ZingZitang
05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
About as limited as the rest. Limited is just a buzz word as far as I'm concerned.

Understandable, but every now and then we get a limited edition that Actually is Limited. Mass Effect 3's collectors edition was one of these I believe, also the Halo Reach Legendary Edition.

If I'm Wrong about those two thats fine, but there are also things like Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3's Hardened edition which are only available for pre-order for a certain amount of time.

This is what I was asking about. Whether or not there was any word if Halo 4's Limited edition was Actually Limited.
Get the Limited now, than pick up a copy of the original sometime down the road when it's a bit cheaper. That's what I'm planning on doing.Or just pre-order both versions of the game. . . Not very Frugal I know, but come on - Its Halo 4.

ChickinOnaChain
05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Limited editions are COOL! I have one myself...GoW. wish they would have made one for Skyrim!

Vectorman953
05-17-2012, 05:04 PM
I know that amazon usually gets games to people by (or even a day before) release date, but is this with the two day (prime) shipping, or standard as well.

Not exactly on topic, but this way I'll know whether to order from the Gamestop in my town (that I hate dealing with) or Amazon. Obviously I'd rather have the game as early as possible.

EDIT: Nevermind. After some fairly easy sleuthing, I discovered that amazon has a "make it same day" for release date stuff... though they don't seem to have this option up right now (mind you it doesn't come out until November). I know certain games in the past (Forza LE) didn't get a release date shipping.
This means I guess those asshats at gamestop will be getting my business yet again

(off topic: It's not that I don't like gamestop as a whole, it's just the one closest to my residence can't seem to higher competent employees)

The Bum-Mobile
05-17-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm in for Limited. Been that way since Halo 2, and it ain't stopping until they stop making Halos. And it actually sounds like a great package. Basically a Season Pass included for what I'm assuming to be $30 worth of maps that I'd be getting anyway. Then $10 for everything else. But damn, I just got my Max Payne special edition and I'll be pre-ordering this and the Borderlands 2 ultimate-stupid-ridiculous edition too. Gamestop must love me!

CMCX360
05-17-2012, 11:15 PM
<snip long soliloquy>

Or, you could pre-order from GameStop's website and choose two-day shipping. Before I started using Amazon, I picked that option on GameStop and always got it on release day.

SuperSkyline89
05-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Or just pre-order both versions of the game. . . Not very Frugal I know, but come on - Its Halo 4.

Why would you do that? If all you want is the cover art then paying full retail is pretty pointless, especially if you're getting the Limited too.

(off topic: It's not that I don't like gamestop as a whole, it's just the one closest to my residence can't seem to higher competent employees)

Same thing near me. Bunch of incompetent morons. The one time I went there they didn't even know what Halo 3 ODST was. And when they finally figured it out they never told me that I had to specify they hold the Limited Edition for me for a couple days so I almost got screwed out of it. Never went back and never will.

N7 Shadow
05-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Preordered my copy today at Gamestop. Can't wait. :D

theNomad
05-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Here's the photo of it. Maybe worth adding it to the top...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/halo4_simple_le_rgb_pegi16.jpg

:eek: My jaw is on the floor.... 'Sold' (like it wouldn't have been anyway) looks amazing plus I love the idea of the map packs being included, should mean dlc playlists aren't gonna be ghost towns.

theNomad
05-18-2012, 06:48 PM
:woop:
Yay pre-ordered it in the UK. The LE is up at shopto.net (http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2HA35-Halo%204%20Limited%20Collectors%20Edition.html) priced at £64.85. Oddly not up yet on amazon.co.uk or the other big UK sites like play or gamestation.

Impatiently counting down the days till Tuesday 6th of November 2012.

CMCX360
05-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Every time I look at that SteelBook I just think how beautiful it will look up on my shelf. The steel/white/grey color instead of standard black is amazing.

DarkReign2021
05-19-2012, 03:10 AM
Is it bad that I've got the picture of the steel case as my wallpaper on my desktop and my 360 Background? lol. It's so beautiful. I can't help it.

theNomad
05-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Is it bad that I've got the picture of the steel case as my wallpaper on my desktop and my 360 Background? lol. It's so beautiful. I can't help it.

Nope its perfectly normal and very very cool. I've a subtle tattoo on my left leg with my football/soccer team crest & sons name, now I think I've found one for my right side in the new look UNSC logo.

Vectorman953
05-20-2012, 03:33 AM
I concur about the tattoo-worthiness of the new UNSC logo. I'm also thinking about the symbol on the back of Halsey's journal - It's simple, but I like it.

http://www.saint-ism.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/halo_reach_limited_edition_unboxing_halsey_journal _back.jpg

OT: Pre-order Placed!

RBmaster9345
05-22-2012, 01:39 PM
This is the first limited edition of one of these games full of shit i actually want.

Edword
05-23-2012, 04:38 AM
I need to get over to Gamestop this week!

jdbh117
05-24-2012, 01:02 PM
paid for mine today can't wait to play it

simon_super_sheep
05-25-2012, 05:29 PM
it is now up on gamestation website in the uk for £64.99
i know game/gamestation have had problems in the uk recently but i thought i would post it so people know another place they can get it

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/halo-4-limited-edition-172031

OT:- i love the look of that steel book and i shall definatley be pre-ordering i wonder if they will be doing pre-order bonus exclusives to things like amazon, gamestop etc because if they did i would have to stop myself buying it from all pre-order exclusive places

Son of Kyuss
05-25-2012, 06:40 PM
i wonder if they will be doing pre-order bonus exclusives to things like amazon, gamestop etc

EBGames here in Canada is offering a Forest Camo skin for your Spartan and a Arctic skin for your Battle Rifle as pre-order exclusives. I just hope it'll be like Reach and have only 1 pre-order exclusive bundle.

simon_super_sheep
05-26-2012, 12:32 AM
EBGames here in Canada is offering a Forest Camo skin for your Spartan and a Arctic skin for your Battle Rifle as pre-order exclusives. I just hope it'll be like Reach and have only 1 pre-order exclusive bundle.
thanks for the information mate and i agree i hope there is only 1 pre-order bundle that way people are not missing out on some cool in game features no matter how large or small

Vectorman953
05-26-2012, 01:09 AM
thanks for the information mate and i agree i hope there is only 1 pre-order bundle that way people are not missing out on some cool in game features no matter how large or small

- Unrealistic scenario: all of the stores offer the same exclusives
- Best case scenario: all of the stores offer a different exclusive, but you can buy (pick and choose) which other exclusives you want from the marketplace
- Likely scenario: all of the stores offer a different exclusive, but the other exclusives are all bundled into a pack at a later date
- Truly effed scenario: all of the stores offer a different exclusive.

OceanH
10-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Final cover:

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Products/500x500/102/10206/10206952.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Products/500x500/102/10206/10206952_1.jpg

Every time I look at that SteelBook I just think how beautiful it will look up on my shelf. The steel/white/grey color instead of standard black is amazing.

I'll have 2 Steelbooks since I pre-ordered the Limited Edition and Future Shop (Canada) gives an exclusive Steelbook too for pre-ordering any version (even the Limited Edition):

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/18514i360607B76B7D6813/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

LickableLemons7
10-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Man, this is the first LE of any game that I've ever purchased/pre-ordered, ever. And staring at that final cover for Halo 4's LE makes me so glad I've decided to purchase it. I'll stare at it for another few minutes after this post.

Made
10-07-2012, 02:52 PM
I totally pre-ordered this. I can't wait