PDA

View Full Version : R* games are horrible for ragers like myself.

R4wD0g496
05-17-2012, 03:19 AM
I am somewhat of a rager in games. I occasionally rage quit but not very often, I'm more of a yelling out loud at the tv kinda guy. I've found that the games Rockstar makes seem to...not encourage griefing, and making fun of opponents, but it definitly likes to piss people off. I remember in GTA IV, everytime you got killed, it would always say you got 'fucked up' or 'destroyed' and shit like that between your name and the killers. That shit is not necessary. In GTA, RDR, and now this, where it isn't serious, competitive gameplay, the game poking fun of you isn't necessary. Most of the time you die due to the games clunky mechanics, and not the skill of the opponents, so every time it shows a kill cam of the player, I feel like it's teasing me like, "Haha! here's the guy who spawned behind you and killed you!" Also, at the end of the match it shows the top player rubbing his crotch at you and taunting you even further. It really grinds my gears, ESPECIALLY after losing in a bullshit manner which seems to occur a lot in this. Any other ragers that aboslutely can't stand R* and all the slights they throw into their games?

I mak3 big boom
05-17-2012, 03:24 AM
The multiplayer is not polished enough to actually take seriously. I've taught myself to not get worked up about this game. But games if I'm getting mad at them I turn music on and try not to think about how I'm doing and just have fun. The weird thing is I actually win more games when I'm playing nonchalantly then when I'm serious so id just recommend listening to music since I'm a rager like you ;)

Bajan Elite
05-17-2012, 05:16 AM
[QUOTE= That shit is not necessary. In GTA, RDR, and now this, where it isn't serious, competitive gameplay, the game poking fun of you isn't necessary. [/QUOTE]

So you feel it isn't serious competitive gameplay and you are complaining because you feel the game is poking fun at you and it isn't necessary? So you are saying serious competitive games should not be serious and poke fun at players who die and lose but the games that are not serious should be serious and not poke fun...what?

I don't understand how you feel the game is poking fun at you when you die though, it shows your killer and where you were shot that is it. It doesn't say you suck for dieing. Other games do this except you get actual footage of you getting killed and who killed you. It is called a kill cam.

You really shouldn't take offense because the top player character taunts at the end. You shouldn't be complaining about taunting in a video game, this is nothing new. Taunting has been in tons of competitive games. For laughs, for fun. Look at Gears when ever you get killed the enemy trash talks a little. If you get upset over that then run around and press the y button to taunt other players or better yet stop playing and go play a game that won't upset a rager like you. This isn't your first Rockstar game so its your own fault if you take this kind of thing this seriously and you keep playing their games online.

Yeah MP3's multiplayer could use some more polished but bullsh&&t kills will happen as it does in every game but don't go around saying RStar's games are horrible for ragers. Every competitive game is pretty bad for ragers.

Also, how many threads are you going to make regarding your issues with this game? There is a bitching Thread go post there.

bio187
05-17-2012, 05:19 AM
I am somewhat of a rager in games. I occasionally rage quit but not very often, I'm more of a yelling out loud at the tv kinda guy. I've found that the games Rockstar makes seem to...not encourage griefing, and making fun of opponents, but it definitly likes to piss people off. I remember in GTA IV, everytime you got killed, it would always say you got 'fucked up' or 'destroyed' and shit like that between your name and the killers. That shit is not necessary. In GTA, RDR, and now this, where it isn't serious, competitive gameplay, the game poking fun of you isn't necessary. Most of the time you die due to the games clunky mechanics, and not the skill of the opponents, so every time it shows a kill cam of the player, I feel like it's teasing me like, "Haha! here's the guy who spawned behind you and killed you!" Also, at the end of the match it shows the top player rubbing his crotch at you and taunting you even further. It really grinds my gears, ESPECIALLY after losing in a bullshit manner which seems to occur a lot in this. Any other ragers that aboslutely can't stand R* and all the slights they throw into their games?

honestly you just sound like a sore loser

R4wD0g496
05-17-2012, 05:47 AM

This right here. Spot on. Before I made this thread, I didn't notice that the game was faultless, and did not in fact have many faults to it. Apologies to those who wasted their time with this thread.

For those that read my post, yes, games are competitive, but R* games seem to go that extra mile. Sure, I get blown away in Call of Duty. I get sniped in Battlefield. But after that happens, the game doesn't go, "You got fucked up!", which is what GTA essentially does. Basically, all games feature some form of taunting, my whole point was R*'s games go that extra little bit and rub salt right in the wound, which makes angry people angrier.

Dirty130
05-17-2012, 05:55 AM
You should join my game, I'LL WRECK YOUR FUCKING DAY! :uzi: :mad:

Nevander
05-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Me and you are exactly the same. I hate the way MP is developing these days. It's becoming too easy to get kills and harder to survive if you are unskilled or not adjusted to games.

Older games and better games I can enter in and instantly do good and go positive and not have jerks as the enemy team.

CoD and the like, it's horrible.

You should join my game, I'LL WRECK YOUR FUCKING DAY! :uzi: :mad:

You two, go away.

WalterWhite
05-17-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm with the OP on this one. I stopped playing stuff like Call of Duty because it got annoying, but the Rockstar multiplayer makes that seem like an afternoon in a Zen Garden. These games are infuriating on a whole other level. Getting killed isn't what pisses me off it's the slo-mo, getting stuck on shit, unresponsive button commands, my character not vaulting objects or going into cover, falling down because something exploded 50 feet away from me, not crouching when I press A and then going prone for a second... I could go on. This game engine is excellent when your slowly walking around taking in the scenery in Liberty City or Red Dead, but when it comes time to dash around in close quarters playing multiplayer it's a train wreck.

mgorsi
05-17-2012, 07:30 AM

So u want another simple, boring style type of game? Play COD!! Also, if I blow your head off, it means u got fucked up son, so grow a pair and deal with it. Lastly, every single game have issues, they either get fixed, or u adapt to it, or u quit the game and move on, BUT you most defiantly not make a thread about it!! U sound like kid who got his lunch stolen. Sry for the harshness, jus sayin it like it is