PDA

View Full Version : **SPOILER** Chapter 12, Final checkpoint (I believe)

Purple Hooter
05-17-2012, 03:29 AM
******Spoiler alert for gameplay**********

So I am on Chapter 12 and probably the final checkpoint. This is the part on the rooftops with the tremors going on. My question is simple - how the FUCK do you kill the heavy gunner on the roof without:

a.) having time run out and the building collapses on you

or

b.) getting killed by the heavy in 5 seconds.

I was having a blast playing this game on hard until now - I seriously want to throw the discs out the window. This is absolutely the cheapest part of any game I have played in some time.

DamagedWill
05-17-2012, 05:58 AM
There are two pain killers you can pick up right before you get to that point. When you run up the stairs and the wall explodes, killing the guy in front of it. Go right instead of left, there is a room with two bottles. Use bullet time as much as you can and get those headshots.

I went into last man standing with the heavy and ALWAYS aimed for the head.

AceBD
05-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Yeah, this part kicked my ass. I think I tried for over an hour before turning it off and going to bed. Then, today, I played it for probably another hour before I broke down and went and watched a youtube video of it......

The one thing that got me through it was the sniper rifle that you grab during the level. I noticed the guy in the walkthrough used it, and took down that final armored a-hole really quick.

For me, though, this meant restarting the entire chapter from the pause menu. It was a pretty quick chapter to replay, though. Once I got to the part where I grabbed the sniper, I just held on to it (and used my pistol almost exclusively) up 'til that final checkpoint.

Once you get that far with that sniper, it's not too bad. I actually took down the final boss with one good shot right between the eyes. The "comments" section of the youtube video said that it took 2 shots, but I'm sure I got him in 1. Just get behind cover, build up a little bullet-time (which will happen really quick with him shooting at you), wait until he stops shooting, and fire a quick shot between the eyes. Don't stick your head up for any longer than it takes to get one shot off. If you fire and miss, get back into cover. He starts shooting again really quick.

Oh yeah, another tip, once you go up those final stairs before you get to the little boss area (after you kill a guy coming down the stairs, and then the other guy standing at the top, and there's an explosion), take a quick dip to the right side at the top of the stairs. There's 1 or 2 (can't remember) bottles of painkillers right there in a little room. Very helpful in getting through the last 4 guys and final boss.

BTW, I am also playing my first playthrough on hard, with free aim. This game is a good, fun challenge. This has definitely been the toughest checkpoint so far.

DamagedWill
05-17-2012, 06:30 AM
BTW, I am also playing my first playthrough on hard, with free aim. This game is a good, fun challenge. This has definitely been the toughest checkpoint so far.

I was as well. I must have got pretty lucky at this point, I did it my first try. Not trying to be that "guy" but I wouldn't have done it without the painkillers, to illustrate how useful they are. Plus, I still had the LMG from earlier in the level.

Just keep at it!

Purple Hooter
05-17-2012, 08:02 PM
As always, when I fired it up this morning - I got past it first try.

MeSmokeRox
06-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I just got past it myself on Old School. I had 9 pain killers but kept getting headshot-ed by the gunner. I ended up doing it with dual raging bulls and nothing but head shots in bullet dodge.

JeppeBoy
06-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Aren't you supposed to shoot him in the legs?

ColdSpider72
06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Aren't you supposed to shoot him in the legs?

Why? Is the rest of his body made of teflon? Just because it takes more shots to kill this guy, doesn't mean his head is impervious to bullets. In to cover, he shoots, he reloads, hit bullet-time, pop out, 5 between the eyes. Dead.

Nevander
06-05-2012, 09:52 PM
What I did for this guy is grabbed the LMG 30 from the guy at the top of the stairs, then killed the three guys with a pistol, then finally shot the heavy from underneath him in the crotch. Took like 5 shots to kill him on Old School.

FoxA83
06-06-2012, 07:20 AM
As i kept the sniper rifle the heavy gunner was a one shot kill in Bullet Time for me. On hard and on Old School.

Purple Hooter
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
When I got past this, I took the shotgun. Disposed of this mook in about 10 seconds.

JuSt BLaZe
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
What I did for this guy is grabbed the LMG 30 from the guy at the top of the stairs, then killed the three guys with a pistol, then finally shot the heavy from underneath him in the crotch. Took like 5 shots to kill him on Old School.

Definitely the best way to do it. Worked everytime on my 5 runs.

poosterv
06-06-2012, 12:49 PM
lol just shoot him in the legs.. works the best..

FSparacino4
06-06-2012, 01:57 PM
As always, when I fired it up this morning - I got past it first try.

Most of the time, taking a break from the game is all you need. As soon as you start getting fruatrated, the game will beat you every time.

Shabba
06-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Inside the room with C4 explosives from the animation is a very sick machine gun. This machine gun = rape be careful it has 150 bullets total. After going upstairs where you use the sniper rifle, this gun will drop in change for that sniper rifle. Kill the snipers and pick this machine gun back up reloading it at the ammo cache where the sniper rifle was. Reload again after going in the room and clearing the enemies who are 1 shotted with it, then again after planting the C4. Now go on ahead to the rooftop with the tremours. The gun rapes that end boss basically 1 shotting him....... The fight is simple with this gun it is located in the same room with the C4...

SYOTOS
06-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Just done it, seriously its been a long time since ive lost my temper over a game lol.
Only had 2 pain killers for that chapter, didnt know about the pain killers near the stairs, that would have helped alot lol. So glad thats over with.

Have to admit hardcore free aim has been a bitch.

alogde
06-07-2012, 01:07 AM
this bit was funny for me, i didnt find it too hard but i was going for the sometime you get lucky achievement while the tremors are happening but after afair few tries i thort id just go for it on easy as i was playing on hard, and the last try i actually got lucky with the headshot without aiming for it, how cool is that hehe

The Ultimate Spycrab
06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Shoot him in the mouth. Seriously.